PDA

View Full Version : SSR Bus Question

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-25-2007, 08:03 PM
We are going to SSR for our first trip home September 14th-22nd. :party:

We have never stayed there and have gotten mixed answers about what section is the first bus stop for pick up to the parks?? I just found out that it looks like I will be having repeat knee surgery 3 weeks before our trip and I am hoping to try and stay in the first stop section to make sure I can get a seat.:(

I have also heard that the bus service to SSR is not great. Any thoughts from anyone that has stayed there? We know that FD brings in more crowds but, does it with the DVC resorts since we can not get FD? (I know there are rooms reserved for reg guests)

We are already kicking ourselves for making our first trip as DVC members during the FD time frame. We just really love September. Now, I am nervous we are going to get no-so-great bus service. We were hoping by joining DVC that issue would resolve a bit. Also, where is the SSR stops at the parks? We stayed at Pop last year and it was the last stop at every park. That would be a real issue with my knee, I am sure SSR is closer.

Thanks so much for any info anyone may have!!

Disdude
06-25-2007, 10:14 PM
We are going to SSR for our first trip home September 14th-22nd. :party:

We have never stayed there and have gotten mixed answers about what section is the first bus stop for pick up to the parks?? I just found out that it looks like I will be having repeat knee surgery 3 weeks before our trip and I am hoping to try and stay in the first stop section to make sure I can get a seat.:(

I have also heard that the bus service to SSR is not great. Any thoughts from anyone that has stayed there? We know that FD brings in more crowds but, does it with the DVC resorts since we can not get FD? (I know there are rooms reserved for reg guests)

We are already kicking ourselves for making our first trip as DVC members during the FD time frame. We just really love September. Now, I am nervous we are going to get no-so-great bus service. We were hoping by joining DVC that issue would resolve a bit. Also, where is the SSR stops at the parks? We stayed at Pop last year and it was the last stop at every park. That would be a real issue with my knee, I am sure SSR is closer.

Thanks so much for any info anyone may have!!

We spent Halloween at SSR in 2006. We were in room 3114 which is located in the Spirings area. There are four stops in the following order:

1) Carousel
2) Paddocks
3) Congress Park
4) The Springs

The only exception is the Downtown Disney bus which stops (supposed to anyway, according to one of our drivers) Congress Park, The Springs, The Carousel, The Paddocks, and Congress Park. Overall, we thought the bus service was just fine and we will very likely always use it when we go.

The walk at drop-off could be hit-or-miss seeing how they rarely seem to drop off at your resort because they are picking up at whichever stop they are dispatched to. The stations at all the parks seemed somewhat close but I believe they can and do change that around for a number of reasons.

Have a good trip.

sillyolbear
06-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Can't comment on the order of the stops as honestly I haven't paid that much attention.

We've stayed at slower times of the year and never had trouble getting a bus from SSR to any of the parks. In fact wait times are no worse than at the Wilderness Lodge, Poly, or Grand Floridian.

Checkers
06-26-2007, 10:00 AM
We stayed in the Paddocks section in April and found the bus service very poor. The nearest bus stop was almost impossible to reach without crossing 2 roads and going across a grassy knoll (which on the last day was closed off by a fence). I did write to Disney about this and told them I felt that with the size of the resort there should be more and convenient bus stops as well as more buses to each park. It is a beautiful resort and this was the only thing we were disappointed in. If we were to stay there in the future, we would definitely rent a car. If I were you, I would call MS and tell them about your surgery, etc., and perhaps they can have some influence regarding the section you are assigned. Good luck!:mickey:

tundramom
06-27-2007, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=Disdude;1334078]We spent Halloween at SSR in 2006. We were in room 3114 which is located in the Spirings area. There are four stops in the following order:

1) Carousel
2) Paddocks
3) Congress Park
4) The Springs

Our experience as well, we were in the first Paddock building upon entering, we actually walked out our door, across a small parking area to the Carousel stop. It was ultra convenient! Also, ask for a ground floor room to reduce walking:thumbsup:

jeisne1
06-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Just got back from there on 6/15; the first stop was the new section "Grandstand":thumbsup: