PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk reviews?

Crow
06-25-2007, 05:04 PM
never stayed.
AP rates are around what i have for WL AAA.
i love WL
BW close to Epcot (my fav)

IDreamofEeyore
06-25-2007, 07:06 PM
We love WL also...it's our DVC home resort.

Stayed at Boardwalk once and LOVED it! We were lucky enough to have a room overlooking the Boardwalk with a clear view of Illuminations.

The room was great, very comfortable. It is, however, very spread out compared to WL! Be prepared to walk quite a ways to get in and out! The only other downside for us was a lack of restaurants inside the building. You have to go out onto the Boardwalk for food.

But it's a great atmosphere. We enjoyed people watching from our balcony at night. And the walk to EPCOT was super convenient. We also took advantage of the close proximity to Fantasia Gardens & Beaches & Cream.

Overall, a big :thumbsup: from us. We will stay there again at some point.

Cozfamilyof6
06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
We stayed last year at the BW Villas using a friends DVC points. We had a 1 bedroom and my parents had a studio. We were on the fifth floor overlooking the entrance. It was such a nice view - quiet - but we also could see Illuminations and hear the fireworks at night from the balcony. The rooms were clean and the staff extremely kind and helpful. It was a little bit of a walk from our room to the elevators and out to the pool or boarwalk itself, but worth it. Having Epcot and Studios accessible by walking or by water taxi was a huge convenience (especially with 3 kids under 6). Even though we had to exit the resort to eat, we really enjoyed the Big River Grill and Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. And of course the fun on the Boardwalk is not to be missed, my kids absolutely loved the magic shows at night (my son even got picked from the audience to be an assistant) and the funnel cakes.

We had such a great time we are going back in October with my in-laws. We have a two bedroom this time overlooking Luna Park pool - and yes, the pool was lots of fun.

Go for it! You won't be sorry. :mickey:

Crow
06-25-2007, 09:02 PM
im thinking, being that close to Epcot again.
(stayed at BC once. that was enough. Swan/Dolphin i liked)
but.... i would have to buy an AP instead of 9 day hopper so that would b another $200.
my WL courtyard view w AAA is $15 less than Boardwalk would be w AP.

DisneyJunkie
06-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Last year, 8 of my family members (including myself) stayed in a 2-bedroom Boardwalk villa. As for the room, the resort, and overall grounds themselves, it was beautiful, relaxing, and a very nice place. It was the location of the resort and the local quick-stop places that really bothered me, though. Personally, my wife and I hit the MK far more than the other parks, and the Boardwalk is located far away from it, right next to Epcot as a matter of fact. So I wasn't too thrilled with that. Then, I didn't care for having to walk all the way down to the Boardwalk Bakery itself every morning, the place with very few selections and always a very long wait, just to get my refillable mug refilled, which I couldn't do myself, they had to give me a whole paper cup filled with my beverage that I would later have to pour into the mug myself. I didn't care for that one bit. Everything else was fine though. The room was very clean and very nice, and overall, we had a very nice time there. I'd recommend it to those who aren't picky about where they stay, but if you prefer being closer to the MK, I'd look elsewhere.

pogo
06-26-2007, 07:11 AM
im thinking, being that close to Epcot again.
(stayed at BC once. that was enough. Swan/Dolphin i liked)
but.... i would have to buy an AP instead of 9 day hopper so that would b another $200.
my WL courtyard view w AAA is $15 less than Boardwalk would be w AP.
Yes it woul cost more....... but it would give you an excuse to plan another trip.:mickey: And we all know you'll do that anyways. :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-26-2007, 09:18 AM
I loved staying at the BWI last summer. So much so that we are on the verge of purchasing DVC at the Boardwalk for our future stays! It is clean and comfortable and soooooooooo close to Epcot (my favourite as well)... I absolutely love it...and would not hesitate to recommend it ..especially considering the slight cost differential.....:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
06-26-2007, 09:32 AM
The Boardwalk is actually 2 resorts - the Inn side (closer to EPCOT) and the villas side (closer to MGM). Is your AP rate for the Boardwalk Inn? or villas?

Regardless, the Boardwalk offers much to those staying there. It is a short walk over into EPCOT (a bit longer from the far reaches of the villas side - which are actually closer to MGM than they are to EPCOT). We find this a huge perk, as we like to have dinner in EPCOT on most evenings. Another nice thing is that when you return from EPCOT, assuming it's after 6 PM, there is entertainment along the Boardwalk itself (jugglers, comedians and the such).

From the villas side, the walk out the back door to MGM is very reasonable. As stated above, depending on your room location (villas only) it's shorter than the distance to EPCOT.

The pool - Luna Park - is nicely themed (no zero entry) with a great slide for the entire family. There is a quiet pool on the Inn side as well as an additional quiet pool on the villas side. Next to the villas quiet pool, you'll find a Community Hall - another nice perk found at some DVC resorts - ping pong, video games, activities for kids (most of these complimentary) as well as DVD/VHS rentals, pool toy rentals, etc... A nice place for the family to spend some time together.

All dining requires you to go outdoors - which is about the only downside of this resort IMHO. There are plenty of good options (FF, ESPN, BRG) for sitdown - Bakery is your only bet in the morning for a quick bite. Keep in mind, you can walk to BC/YC, Swan/Dolphin, or EPCOT's WS for other meals. Even take the boat or walk to MGM for a Brown Derby meal.

BW is about my favorite - not sure if BCV beats it, but it's up there.

Now - in comparing to WL... whew! Tough one. WL is a completely different resort. Everything (minus their villas) is "under one roof." Love the restaurants and theme of the resort (I personally feel it's the best themed out of them all). Great pool (albeit too small for a resort this size), with a river/waterfall starting int the lobby leading out to the pool itself.

Good luck in your choice! Let us know what you do! :mickey:

Both resorts are great. :thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
06-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I've stayed at both and LOVED both, but I give a slight nod to the Boardwalk Resort. It's so close to both Epcot and Disney-MGM that you can walk to either one. It has a greater variety of restaurants, shops, and entertainment available. And if you get an upper view of Crescent Lake, it's simply breathtaking. Most of the WL lodge views are just woods views. I like the feeling of being "tucked away" in the Wilderness Lodge, but for us, WL is a Christmastime resort. Any other time of the year, I would recommend the Boardwalk. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Goes4FastPass
06-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Boardwalk is good for the reason already listed. BW is great for visiting Epcot and MGM.

We found the bus transportation from BW to be the worst of any place we've stayed at WDW. You always stop at at least Swan then Dolphin and often YC and BC and that's going both ways.

For some reason the BW busses don't follow a 'circuit' so BW is always the first on and the last off. "Wheee! That means I'll get a seat!" Well yes, but we often gave our seats to parents carrying little ones because the busses were very full. AK was the worst. BW-Swan-Dolphin-YC-BC-BBeach-AK. At least the return didn't include BB.

pox24
06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Next to the GF its our favorite to stay at. :thumbsup:

Crow
06-26-2007, 10:55 PM
im familiar w buses some as ive taken buses to/from DD to this area. and i do think its bad having so many stops.
and ive walked many times from Epcot to MGM and vice versa.
WL is the best theme i think.
BW would b so close to Epcot where i spend most time.
but I would have to put out more $$ to get an AP.
and ive been to WDW lots. the only time i havent been is around Christmas which i would like to see.
i would love to go to Tokyo.