PDA

View Full Version : How clean?

Horizon93
06-25-2007, 04:20 PM
DW and i have been considering joining for years. We are actually at WDW right now! We are thinking of taking the tour and getting the sales pitch. Not completely sold on the idea yet, but we have had 14 trips since 1993 and we see no end in sight!

Since we are accustomed to the high level of Disney cleanliness in the accomodations, will we find DVC accomodations to be as clean?

Thanks for any input.

GreenBeetle
06-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I can only vouch for Saratoga Springs, but our 2-bedroom villa was immaculately clean. In fact, I didn't find any part of the resort disappointing in that way.

With so many Disney trips under your belt and no end in sight, sounds like the DVC is for you!

dlpmikki
06-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Bear in mind that with DVC you do not get maid service every day. Depending on your length of stay you get trash and towell or full clean every 4th day (so 8 days you would get one of each).

The properties are generally kept as clean as other Disney properties, and like others their age can make some difference. Don't expect something 20 years old to look like it was built yesterday.

On a plus side if you go for a one bed or more you get your own washer/dryer so can keep your own clothes clean very easily.

mprewitt
06-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Not completely sold on the idea yet, but we have had 14 trips since 1993 and we see no end in sight!

Wow! Too bad you didn't join in 1993. I always hear DVC members saying "If only I'd joined sooner...".

disneycouple2004
06-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Yep..time to take the plunge :thumbsup:
you will be glad you did...:D

Catzle
06-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I am not a DVC owner but stayed in a studio this past May. We wanted to try and see how it would be. I can only say that if you like the daily maid service and them keeping things tidy it's a huge change not to get the towels everyday and garbage dumped. Now I'm not complaining as our trip was given to us from a family member. But I really really missed the daily maid service and had to vaccuum myself a couple of times and get towels from the pool area as I can not stand to use the same towel day after day. Now on the other hand it was nice having the microwave, larger fridge etc. That part we really enjoyed.

Catzle
06-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I also forgot to add that the place was very very clean when we checked in!

Horizon93
06-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, since we are here, should we call the numnber that we were given to get picked up at our resort, or just stop in at the BW since we are at the Swan?

mprewitt
06-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Well, since we are here, should we call the numnber that we were given to get picked up at our resort, or just stop in at the BW since we are at the Swan?

Call DVC and schedule a tour. The DVC sales center and model rooms are at SSR.

Maleficent's Dad
06-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Although the BW does have a model room, I'm not certain if there's an actual sales rep there all day. The model will give you a good idea of what the rooms are like - when we were at the BW in February, the model was still that of a BWV.

I've stayed at all the WDW DVC resorts - and never have I found one that wasn't clean. They've always been perfect when we've walked in. You'll probably get some other stories from people who have experienced less than perfection, but simply put, we have never been disappointed - not once!

Ian
06-26-2007, 11:05 AM
I've stayed at OKW and BWV and both rooms were fine (and that was with John and I staying in them!! :eek: ).

I don't think cleanliness will be an issue.

Ed, DW and I finally broke down this year and did it. It just makes sense for people like us.

You should definitely at least look into it when you're down. I think you'll agree!

Roo Girl
06-26-2007, 03:21 PM
I've stayed at Villas at WL, SSR and both were immaculate. I wish I could say the same when I left that room- whew! Hurricane Roo Girl!! Without the daily mousekeeping, you really get to see what a piglet you can be!!
The resorts themselves- inside and out- are top-notch Disney all the way.

Joanna
06-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Our room at Old Key West last year was squeaky clean! Everything was just so-so and very nice. We loved it! We aren't members but were upgraded from a Pop Century reservation due to high occupancy during grad nights. It was awesome. Now we know how the other half lives!:D

Ed
06-26-2007, 03:51 PM
We just joined a little over a year ago, and we have already stayed at SSR, OKW, AKL, PC, Vero Beach (4 times there!) and at Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel using our membership and have never had any reason to complain about a lack of cleanliness. Every room or suite, whether they've been actual DVC or "public" facilities, has been immaculate. We particularly like having our own washer and dryer in the one-bedroom and higher suites. After our morning showers, we'd throw the towels and yesterday's clothes in to wash while we went off galavanting, and pop them in the dryer when we got back "home".

We have not regretted our purchase for even an instant, and like others have said, we're sorry we didn't do it years ago. :thumbsup:

January-2007
06-27-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm sure this isn't the norm, but I thought I'd chime in about the room we had at the Beach Club Villas last month. There was mold growing on the side of one of the bathroom walls tearing up the drywall and the fridge was having problems and we had to call to get it fixed. Also, in the family room there was very little light, so who knows. Overall it was a nice place and not overtly "dirty" but I just wanted to share since the question was asked.

Horizon93
06-27-2007, 10:13 PM
OK, DW and I are getting picked up EARLY tomorrow morning to get the whole pitch and tour. Looking forward to it. I will post my reaction sometime tomorrow.

Horizon93
06-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Took the tour and got the presentation today. It really looks like DVC is for us. It was an excellent presentation as expected. Toured the model rooms. Well long story short, we are laening toward joining and going with AKV!

Still in decision mode.

mprewitt
06-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Took the tour and got the presentation today. It really looks like DVC is for us. It was an excellent presentation as expected. Toured the model rooms. Well long story short, we are laening toward joining and going with AKV!

Good luck with your decision! We bought into AKV. We love that resort, and the rooms will be great.

Horizon93
06-28-2007, 10:02 PM
The rooms really do look great. We really liked the theming.