PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Movie

A Foolish Mortal
06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
YES!!! It's finally here! I'm so excited for the Simpsons Movie!!:number1: It's gonna be so awesome! (I hope!) I absolutely can't wait. I really hope, thought, that it will be good. They better do a good job with it! By the way, did anyone else hear that it was rated PG-13? It must be the only animated movie in history with a PG-13 movie. Oh well. It's still gonna be awesome.

Christine
06-25-2007, 03:06 PM
I have to admit, I am looking forward to this one too.

The trailer where Homer is preparing to hammer in a nail on his roof, and his thumb is RIGHT over the nail, and you're waiting for him to hit it, but then his backswing sends the hammer right into his eye...that is just freakin' funny, I don't care who ya are!

Juggalotus
06-25-2007, 03:37 PM
My one worry is that Simpsons hasn't been funny in 6 or 7 years (at least) and that the movie is going to fall into that trap. I'm really hoping otherwise, but I'm a little leery of plopping down 20 bucks to go see the movie.

wjrhw
06-25-2007, 04:07 PM
My one worry is that Simpsons hasn't been funny in 6 or 7 years (at least) and that the movie is going to fall into that trap. I'm really hoping otherwise, but I'm a little leery of plopping down 20 bucks to go see the movie.

I have to disagree. I’ve been watching since Tracey Allman (sp?) and I enjoy the new ones most of all. There was a bit of a slump around 2001 or 2002 (maybe), but for me they just get better and better. I really enjoy the evolving characters and Homer gets funnier and funnier.

PirateLover
06-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I feel like the Simpsons had a couple of really bad years and are finally starting to come back around. I'm sure I'll see the movie. The thing I don't like are when they go strictly off of the headlines- "The Simpsons arrested for insider trading!"
I like the stories that are unique and seem to come out of left field. And I really miss Phil Hartman's characters.

2Epcot
06-27-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't watch the TV show as much as I used to years ago, but I still find them very funny when I do get around to watching. I'm looking forward to the movie.

scoot241
07-07-2007, 12:59 AM
It must be the only animated movie in history with a PG-13 movie.

Actually, Beavis and Butthead Do America was rated PG-13 in 1996. I think there have been animated movies that are rated R but can't find one at the moment.

DisneyJunkie
07-07-2007, 07:34 AM
From what I understand the PG-13 rating is due to a couple of things such as the freedom to use worse language than is permitted on television, and for a scene of full-frontal male (cartoon) nudity.

PirateLover
07-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Actually, Beavis and Butthead Do America was rated PG-13 in 1996. I think there have been animated movies that are rated R but can't find one at the moment.

Yup,try South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.
Also the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie.

Jared
07-09-2007, 05:33 PM
"Team America: World Police" also garnered an R rating. The film was not traditional animation but still probably qualifies as animated.

Dracula766
07-18-2007, 06:53 PM
"Spider-pig, Spider-pig, does whatever a Spider-pig does...

Can he swing from a web?

No, he can't, he's a pig...

Look out, he is the Spider-piiiiiiig!!!"

:funny::rotfl::funny::rotfl::funny:

Homer is the MAN!!!

Christine
07-18-2007, 07:03 PM

Can he swing from a web?

Homer is the MAN!!!

My daughter saw that on the trailer before Transformers...she thinks that is HYSTERICAL! :funny: :laughing: She sings it all the time!

battlefield2freak
07-23-2007, 05:00 PM

Can he swing from a web?

Homer is the MAN!!!

that is one of the reason i have to go see it. all of the trailers released so far make it look hysterical in my opinion the movie is unavoidable

NJDad
07-24-2007, 06:13 AM
I hear you can go the movie's website and make your own Simpsons version of anyone you want...

2Epcot
07-28-2007, 03:48 AM
I saw the movie tonight. I love the TV show, and have watched it since it first started. I think the producers and writers did a good job on giving the movie a big screen touch, so it wasn't like you were just watching the TV show in the theater. There were lots of really great bits, and great jokes both in the story, and for the audience watching. There were better "camera" shots then a typical show ... however, I just thought the film was OK. The Simpsons has always been successful by putting so much into a 30 min. show. I think what was always a fear of the producers, and what took so long to make the film, was could they stretch a story out for a feature length film. I give them an A for effort, but only give the film a B-. I did laugh quite a bit, but maybe was expecting a little more.

Christine
07-28-2007, 12:37 PM
We went to see it last night. It was pretty much what I expected...no academy award winning stuff or anything.

I agree with Chris completely. There were some funny parts where I laughed out loud, but it didn't do much more than that.

Some parts were, in true Simpsons form, a bit racey or distasteful (again, expected that when I walked in the door), but over all, it was a fun couple of hours at the movies.

Not the best movie I've ever seen in my life...

I mean, not the best movie I've ever seen in my life SO FAR!!! ;)

Christine
07-28-2007, 04:07 PM
I forgot to add this in my previous post...

I knew there would be religious and racial jokes, and came prepared for those, but I sure didn't see the anti-Mickey sentiment joke coming!!

My husband looked over at me during that part and just grinned...I guess he thought my blood was boiling!!

PirateLover
07-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Just saw it. About what I expected. Hit and miss. Not enough Mr. Burns!!!! I left this movie thinking how great it would've been if they'd done it like 10 years ago... like if they had made Last Exit to Springfield a full length movie or basically any episode where Burns is the villain, lol. I love Burns.
Boo-urns!

Dracula766
07-31-2007, 06:05 PM
I watched again last night. It was just as good as the first time around.

Don't get up and split right when the credits start. you'll miss something.

SBETigg
07-31-2007, 06:10 PM
I like the show, but the movie was just okay. Some really funny parts, but a lot of slow-moving not so funny parts and yes, not enough Mr. Burns. I recommend waiting for the DVD.

DisneyGiant
07-31-2007, 08:12 PM
I thought that the movie was well thought out and very funny.

Looking forward to seeing it again when it comes on DVD - there's so many jokes in it - I'm sure I missed a few......

Spider Pig - definitely the best part of the movie!!!

IamBelle
08-06-2007, 02:36 PM
* SPOILER*

When Bart is on the bus looking through the luggage, he has a black bra on his head and says "Hey, look, I'm part of an evil coorporation" @ 1st, I didn't get it, but then I was like, OMG, he's is trying to be Mickey!
Did anybody else catch this?

Christine
08-06-2007, 03:30 PM
* SPOILER*

When Bart is on the bus looking through the luggage, he has a black bra on his head and says "Hey, look, I'm part of an evil coorporation" @ 1st, I didn't get it, but then I was like, OMG, he's is trying to be Mickey!
Did anybody else catch this?

I did! Look back five posts! :thumbsup: