PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What Kind of Shoes do you wear to Theme Parks?

Lori0963
06-25-2007, 02:21 PM
We just returned from a trip to :cowboy:Dollywood :cowgirl:and Splash Country and I am always amazed at what people wear to theme parks. I see some people and just wonder what in the world were they thinking; their feet will be killing them. I just can’t believe some people wear heels to a theme park. I am a planner and I plan our family’s wardrobe months in advance for a Disney trip and I’m already on the look out for a perfect pair of shoes for my daughter to wear during our next trip.

:confused:Out of curiosity I thought I would do a poll to find out what kind of shoes others wear to theme parks??:confused:

Disneyatic
06-25-2007, 02:24 PM
I have heard good things about Keen's and my family decided to purchase them for our upcoming trip. They are sport shoe/sandals and are waterproof. They are advertised for hiking and so I think they'll work well for all the walking!
DD 8 and I both got purple and DH got navy blue.

Joanna
06-25-2007, 02:28 PM
I wore my Helly Hansen athletic shoes in March and they were awesome....so comfortable. When we go out in the evening for dinner or to Pleasure Island, I wear my OkaB sandals. Can't beat them.

pogo
06-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I wear my Reeboc walking shoes..... but then again I'm :old: :D

offero
06-25-2007, 02:38 PM
I was given a pair of men's Croc flip flops. they were awesome. I once made fun of my wife for owning a pair, but for the park they were comfortable to walk in and who cares if they got wet.

Coming from someone who is considered by his wife and her friends to be a typical guy "like Tim Taylor" and even though my friends gave me a little flak for wearing them, I wear them all the time now.

sgdisney
06-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I wear my Reeboc walking shoes..... but then again I'm :old: :D

Yeah, me too, I'm old and I love my Reebok walkers. I've tried other walking shoes but for some reason Reebok's fit my foot the best. It does amaze me to see people in heels in the theme parks. What are they thinking?

emmingo
06-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Either Crocs flip-flopss or Crocs maryjanes. They tend to look a little funny--especially in the bright pink shade that I have (the flips have orange insoles--but they're the only thing I can wear when I am walking around for 6-8 hours, and they never get wet (and don't smell up the luggage on the way home).:razz:

Jared
06-25-2007, 02:52 PM
I will occasionally wear sandals or flip-flops at night but wear sneakers almost exclusively.

spoonfulosugar
06-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Teva flip flops in the heat and running shoes when the air is chilly. If we're dressing up for dinner or going out in the evening, fun dressy shoes or heels for dancing...

DizNee143
06-25-2007, 03:19 PM
sneakers!! i dont care what kind or what brand just give me sneakers!!! and at night once in a blue moon ill wear flip flops!! :thumbsup:

Trixie1822
06-25-2007, 03:45 PM
sneakers too, and my feet thank me !

tink'72
06-25-2007, 03:49 PM
I am addicted to the Addidas flip flops. I have them in EVERY color and they are SO comfortable. :cloud9:

Dreamer7080
06-25-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm more comfortable in flip flops than in any other kind of shoe. I wear them every day and everywhere. Sneakers seem to hurt my feet usually, but I just got a new pair of Nike Shox that, so far, I adore so I may have to try those out on an upcoming visit. :mickey:

missouridisney
06-25-2007, 03:53 PM
I was a firm believer in tennis shoes, in fact wore my old Reeboks even tho they don't look good, because I know they were the most comfortable. But last year I got brave and decided to try my Crocs, they were wonderful , they are my shoe of choice now, no back, foot or leg problems at the end of the day, now when I have them on here at home somebody will ask me if I like them and I tell them if I can wear them to Disneyworld they are the best. My daughter wore flip flops last year and got blisters, never again

Belle_0717
06-25-2007, 04:02 PM
I favor the traditional socks and sneakers.

I wore sketchers - open weave with velcro strap - more sandal type this past trip since my sneakers were soaked by a torrential downpour. I have also worn keds flip flops - have a sneaker sole. I bought flip flops for the waterparks and to ride KRR - my calves hurt by the time I made it to the bus.

I try to stay as comfy as possible so sneakers are my shoe of choice.

indytraveler
06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
TENNIS SHOES... all about comfort.

DawsonAR
06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
I have always worn tennis shoes.

Dopey's Girl
06-25-2007, 04:14 PM
I mainly wear my New Balance tennies, but I can't just wear one kind of shoe over and over. So I start one day in my tennies, then after our break I will wear my crocs, then the next day I will start with flip flops. My feet are crazy, and don't like even the most comfy shoes for any long period of time!

berri_boo
06-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I wear my Sketchers sneakers. I have really bad knees (at the ripe ol' age of 27 - and have had bad knees since about 23). I'm not supposed to walk on anything but concrete/blacktop and I can't push/pull or lift anything over 10 lbs!

I can't wear heels or sandals for an extended period of time....I wear them with my "pretty" clothes only :blush:

kakn7294
06-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Flip-flops! I'm addicted to flip-flops. I wore them on the nicer days of our Dec trip and wear them around home all year long, even when there's snow.

DisneyFreak23
06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
first of all, who in their right mind would wear heels to the parks?

Anyway, I wear tennis Shoes, they serve me well, but when they get wet, they are a pain.

Dizneyfan
06-25-2007, 04:55 PM
I am most comfortable in my new balance tennis shoes. There have been times that I have wore crocs also.:mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-25-2007, 05:12 PM
I have always worn sneakers to the parks, however this year my DD and I have purchased a pair of Disney Crocs to wear. I wear Crocs everyday to work and they are very comfortable, but I am a little nervous as to how they will be walking for extended periods of time. (thats why I will be taking my sneaks along as well!)

16 days and counting! :joy::yay::clappy::dance:

dog-ears
06-25-2007, 05:25 PM
I am most comfortable in my new balance tennis shoes. There have been times that I have wore crocs also.:mickey:

Me too! And now that I have Disney crocs, well of course I will have to wear them. But I do like to alternate shoes and not wear the same ones every day.

disneycouple2004
06-25-2007, 06:02 PM
ROCKPORT'S..the most comfortable shoe i have ever worn...kinda cross between tennis shoe and dress shoe..works good for the parks and nice dining etc..goes well with dockers, shorts, or jeans..they are awsome:thumbsup:

ghost999
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
i've seen people walking through the parks with high heels and all.:mickey:

disneyfan369
06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
I wear my Adidas sandals; they have a soft bed that conforms to the shape of my feet. They're soooooooo comfortable, and they're even more comfortable when wet (I don't know why).

Lizzie
06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
I rotate between my Tevas and Tennis shoes. But someone mentioned Teva flip flops. I need to find me a pair of those. I find my feet do better if I rotate shoes.

BMan62
06-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Due to a bad case of scoliosis I need to wear 'regular' shoes so that I can have my orthotics in them. But, even if I didn't need them, I would still say sneaks/athletic shoes and light ankle socks. I prefer Asics, but RockSports are good too!

One more thing -- MAKE SURE THEY ARE BROKEN IN BEFORE YOU GO!!!! Or take a stick of BodyGlide along to prevent blisters!

aurora, ariel, and bell
06-25-2007, 07:44 PM
i am a firm believer in Crocs. i got my first "ugly" pair in light pink last month and have not taken them off. i was wearing them at the zoo where i go with my granddaughter once a week. i have had back and knee problems and have no pain with the crocs. i just went and bought the Cleo pair, they are a sandel and are really comfortable too.
we are going in september and i plan on wearing nothing but the crocs, but i will take my sneakers just in case.

will these be ok to wear to the fancier restaurants?

Kairi_7378
06-25-2007, 08:02 PM
The only time I DIDN'T wear my wonderful New Balance walking shoes was when we went to the CA Grill. I might bring a second pair of sneakers next time to give my feet some variety. I'm not a "shoe person" in my non-Disney life though.

snifflesmcg
06-25-2007, 08:10 PM
SNEAKERS loaded with a ton of padding. My feet kill me after a long day. I'd like to know who wears heels?

mainemajor
06-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I always bring two broken in sneakers. When we go back to the resort in the afternoon I change socks and shoes when it is time to go back parking. I bring a pair of sandals for walking around the resort and poolside. Sandals are on for any waterparks trips:tigger:

laward32
06-25-2007, 08:38 PM
I usually wear my Nike or K-Swiss tennis shoes. I found a pair of Nike flip flops that are so comfortable and don't even rub a blister between your toes like some do. I am definately taking them on my trip this April!!!!:mickey:

crazypoohbear
06-25-2007, 08:53 PM
I usually wear my new balance running shoes (Podiatrist told me that running shoes have a better arch support than walking shoes) My inserts and my foot taped up.
I will also wear my Teva sandals on days I know my feet will get wet. because I have such bad feet I need a good arch support.:(

Tink-N-Me
06-25-2007, 09:01 PM
first of all, who in their right mind would wear heels to the parks?

Anyway, I wear tennis Shoes, they serve me well, but when they get wet, they are a pain.

ME!:blush: Actually when I walk in flats for a long period and causes my arch to have a burning sensation. So, heels, mostly wedged (they are steadier) sandals are my choice.

Khfan13
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
I usually wear my Converse All-Stars:number1:, because they are my favorite brand of tennis shoe. Even though they lack arch-support:thedolls: and can become slightly uncomfortable, it doesn't matter if they get wet because they dry easily:thumbsup:. Either that, or I wear my leather Rainbow
Flip-Flops:thumbsup:, because they are really comfortable. The only drawback is that when they get wet, they STAY WET:fit:!!! And the dye turns your feet weird colors:blush:...

Suz36
06-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Sneakers all the way! Of course, I wear sneakers all day, every day, so why would it be different at the parks? The whole family gets new sneakers about a month out from a trip so we have time to break 'em in! What I wouldn't give right now to be complaining of tired feet from walking around the World! 160 days to go!

DisneyFreak23
06-25-2007, 09:26 PM
ME!:blush: Actually when I walk in flats for a long period and causes my arch to have a burning sensation. So, heels, mostly wedged (they are steadier) sandals are my choice.

Sorry if i offended you:blush:

pixiegoose
06-25-2007, 09:34 PM
I switch out between my Adidas tennis shoes and my Birkenstocks. Our trip last year I also threw a pair of Teva style sandals into the mix as well.

GrmGrninGost
06-25-2007, 09:37 PM
To me you wear what is most comfortable. For me that is tennis shoes.

MindyMouse
06-25-2007, 09:57 PM
In the past, I've always worn my sneakers. I will most definitely be taking my Crocs along for my next trip. I've been newly converted, so I'm anxious to try them out in the parks!

dolphinmickey9170
06-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Crocs!! love them, so comfy, no sweat, leg don't ache.....what more can you ask for!!

DREAMADREAM93
06-25-2007, 10:26 PM
i wear flip-flops everywhere.
themeparks, malls, beach, school, etc... doesnt matter !
The arches of my feet hurt at the end of the day, but while im walking - comfy :cloud9:.

JOrdan :]

mook3y
06-25-2007, 10:53 PM
For happy feet, i always wear good tennis shoes with a good pair of socks. If you have problems with blisters, wear a pair of neoprene socks under your cotton socks. This is a hiking trick, cuts down on the rubbing on your foot and also keeps your foot dry. The cotton absorbs moisture (kali rapids could be an exception ;) ) and keeps your foot dry.

LovinWDW
06-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Every trip I take 2 pairs of Nike running shoes (shox, air max, etc) for the parks during the day and Nike flip flops for the evening. Good shoes are one of the most important things you can pack.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Bad knee= a good pair of sneakers for me. :thumbsup:

My family and I wear lightweight socks and a good pair of running style sneakers. We have Nike, New Balance (My favorite) and Addidas running sneakers. There is nothing more important to my knee or comfort level than a comfy and supportive pair of sneakers.

We all bring a comfy pair of nice sandals for dinner and walking around the resort.

I bought a pair of Crocs for working in the yard and for the beach. I am afraid to say it...lol...but they are not as comfy as I thought they would be. :blush: My kids, however, will totally go against me on that. They live in them. So, we will be bringing their Crocs for the resorts, etc, but mine will be staying home.

DisneyJunkie
06-26-2007, 06:33 AM
I had to choose "other" because I do not wear "tennis shoes", I wear sneakers. It drives me up a wall when people call them "tennis shoes".

DisneyJunkie
06-26-2007, 06:36 AM
In reading through some of the others responses, I feel the need to ask...."what in the heck are Crocs?"

kakn7294
06-26-2007, 06:44 AM
In reading through some of the others responses, I feel the need to ask...."what in the heck are Crocs?"
Wow, you really don't know what Crocs are? I thought everybody had an opinion on them! Let me explain - they are those totally ugly but wonderfully comfortable rubber clogs (although they come in many other styles now too). They have their own website if you want to check them out. I own 3 prs of the clog-style and 1 pr of the Capri flip-flops and I plan to add more to the collection soon!

ryca1dreams
06-26-2007, 07:51 AM
I wear either running shoes (for cushion and support) and - I'm probably the only peron who will put this down - hiking boots. I don't need the traction (unless I climb Expedition Everest!) but they also offer some cushion and lots of support. Plus, I just wear them all the time anyway.

Mickey91
06-26-2007, 07:58 AM
I love my flip flops, but tennis shoes are the only ones I can make it through a whole day in.:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
06-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Sneakers!!!

LarryBoy
06-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Nike running shoes, and occasionally flip-flops at night if I know we won't be walking too much. I have also learned the value of good socks. It really makes a difference when you are walking all day. My new favorites are Nike Dry Weave, or something like that.

Tinker-Brendie
06-26-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm probably the only person who will put this down - hiking boots.

Me too! We traveled to WDW one winter and I had flown down from bitter cold Kentucky in my favorite lightweight hiking boots. During some days of our visit it was "cold" enough for me to break down and wear (horrors!) BLUE JEANS and a SWEATSHIRT, so I thought I'd go ahead and try wearing the boots. They were AWESOME!

Most of the time (when it's not too "cold"), I wear my TEVA Hurricane sandals. As a LONG-TIME member of this board, I used to read postings by people RAVING about their TEVA sandals, so I bought a pair back in '04. They ROCK!

Finally, my ASICS leather walking shoes have always served me VERY WELL in the parks, but I have to do a lot more foot-prep when I wear sneakers (foot powder, toe separators, good socks, etc.)
Just 97 days til I'm back in the "World..."

r4kids
06-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Ok It may sound crazy but I will have a shoe bag. I absolutly love shoes so I will have, brown Diesel sneakers, black/white Adidas/Goodyear sneakers, brown and black sandals and another pair of black reef:cloud9: sandals. On easy day parks: AK and Epcot- sandals, on busier parks MGM and MK sneakers. My husband thinks it's funny because I also bring a black and brown purse and sunglasses. Hey a :princess: has to look good right!:mickey: 87 days:party:

DisneyDreams09
06-26-2007, 01:32 PM
I love new balance walking shoes and also the waterproof hiking/swimming shoes from Merrill, both are great for walking at DW, Crocs are great too, my husband thought they were weird until I got him a pair and he wears them every where!

Ian
06-26-2007, 02:14 PM
I wore my Helly Hansen athletic shoes in March and they were awesome....so comfortable.I agree ... Helly makes some very comfortable sneakers. I thought I'd never find anything more comfortable than New Balance, but the pair of Helly's I tried on were fantastic.

DisneyorNothing
06-26-2007, 04:18 PM
I wear crocs -- they are the only shoe I've been able to wear all week that doesn't give me blisters or make my feet hurt.

I wear them with small socks so my feet don't sweat. I take off the sock for water rides and let the shoe and foot dry, then put the sock back on.

I won't go to Disney without them. I've too many memories of sore feet. I remember walking from the TTC to the Poly without shoes on because I had a dinger of a blister wearing my tennis shoes.
:mickey:

Dsnygirl
06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
For me, it's all Teva's, all the time... well, except for if we go out at night... ;)

KAJUNKING
06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
so far ive always worn new balance, but this sept i will be getting a pair of crocs, my new balance will not be far away, just in case

BritCody
06-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Give me my reeboks and I'm happy

Tink's Mom
06-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Teva flip flop fan all the way! I love the Olowahu style.

biodtl
06-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Mostly flip-flops. I know sneakers are better for you, but I'm a barefoot kind of girl, so flip-flops are the closest thing.

January-2007
06-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I voted tennis shoes because I do wear them, but I also wear Disney crocs, but those weren't on the poll.