PDA

View Full Version : 2008 WDW resorts- points

Roo Girl
06-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Has anyone tried to make 2008 reservations at WDW hotels using DVC points? I'm trying to plan a February 2008 trip and realize that the points are published on DVCmember.com which leads me to believe I can't make this reservation until....who knows when. Any ideas?

vizsla
06-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Although the 2008 points are not published as of yet, you can still make a ressie. The point value should remain the same as 2007 unless a holiday falls in during your stay which then the point value will change slightly.

MarkC
06-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I did see the 2008 point chart on another site. I honestly don't know what the rules are for posting another site address, so I won't do so here. However, I can tell you several months are similar or the same as 2007. One big change-- with Easter in March next year, the "Premier Season" is the last two weeks in March. All of April is now Magic Season. The only other changes are very minor. Hope this helps.

KevGuy
06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I made ressies at SSR for April 08 during Magic season a couple of weeks ago and had no problems. However I still have to call back to add DME and the DDP for our stay according to member services as they stated the rates for those have not come out yet and I have not made my air reservations yet.:mickey:

True Disney Fan
06-28-2007, 11:30 PM
:thumbsup:I have recently made reservations for March,2008 using my DVC pts. I did not have any concerns at all. Got right in with what I expected for the time frame. SPring Break..:mickey:

EmcDuckRN
06-29-2007, 10:44 AM
We scheduled at SSR for January 1-11 and points needed were exactly the same. :mickey:

MarkC
06-29-2007, 05:20 PM
We just received the 2007-2008 members guide (as we are confirmed members-- Yeah!). The 2008 points are in there if anyone has any specific questions. I am planning on staying at the BCV yearly for the next 35 years. The only problem is our first trip won't be until next August (boo).

Donald A
08-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Has anyone tried to make 2008 reservations at WDW hotels using DVC points? I'm trying to plan a February 2008 trip and realize that the points are published on DVCmember.com which leads me to believe I can't make this reservation until....who knows when. Any ideas?

I think Roo Girl is wondering the same thing I am. They are yet to release point values for the Disney Collection. These values can change from year to year. For example, if you want to stay at the Grand Floridian with your DVC points January 2008 you still don't know how may points it will cost you.

My wife and I are staying at the BCV this January. Those 2008 points have been around and were on the charts we recieved when we bought into DVC in November 2006. However, we are thinking of wasting some points for a last trip before kids in December 2008. We would like to try the Grand Floridian but have no idea what the points will be because the charts are not out. Disney needs to get their act together. I mean, you can make reservations for dining but DVC has no idea how many points the Disney Collection will be in less than 4 months! :confused:

doombuggy
08-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I agree, Donald A. I thought she ment the Disney Collection as well. I am trying to make a reservation for next February at DL. I was thining of staying at GC, but the points difference is larger thant I thought for a Sat-Wed stay (111 points in 2007 to 138 points in 2008). I don't think the charts are posted, but you can make reservations at this point.

:mickey:

KevGuy
08-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Point charts for DVC resorts are posted and available at the member services web site for DVC members. :mickey: I recently booked SSR and am thinking about trying to get into AKV concierge instead and got the point value from there. (313 pts. Apr. 08 Dream Season AKV Concierge 1 bedroom):cool: