PDA

View Full Version : Disney Podcasts

TiggerRPh
06-25-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm sure this was discussed a while ago...but I'm just too lazy to go looking for it. What does everyone listen to?

My favorites that at always listen to are...

The Meandering Mouse
MiceCast
Imagineering My Way
Inside the Magic
The WDW Radio Show
The Mousepod
The MouseLounge
WDW Today
Trapped on Vacation

Video Podcasts....

Beyond Main Street
Bringing Disneyland Home
The Big D
At the Main Street Cinema

Yes...I'm a podcast junkie...I admit it.

:mickey:

dumbo ears
06-25-2007, 12:39 PM
its weird. about a month ago i asked about disney podcasts and no one really listened to them. i love wdw today the most. also i like wdw radio. I like beyond mainstreet a lot too. those guys r pretty funny. well im glad someone else likes these.

Dreamin' of Disney
06-25-2007, 01:07 PM
I have an IPOD, but I have no idea how to subscribe to these. Actually I have no idea how they work, or what they cost?

Any info would be appreciated!

LouRodriGIS
06-25-2007, 01:58 PM
I have an IPOD, but I have no idea how to subscribe to these. Actually I have no idea how they work, or what they cost?

Any info would be appreciated!

Most Podcasts are free. I'm fairly certain that all of the Disney ones mentioned above are. Basically, you subscribe to Podcasts by using the iTunes program on your PC (which is also used to manage your music library).

Using the controls on the left hand menu click <iTunes Store>. Once inside the iTunes Store you can just search for anything by using the <Search iTunes Store> box at the top right. After you search you can just click "PODCASTS" to limit your search to Podcasts and not everything. You will see a lot of free Podcasts if you search on "Disney".

Click "Subscribe" on any of the results and your iTunes program will download the various shows to your PC. After you download you can hook up your iPod and the shows will be there for listening on the go.

Yimmy
06-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Mouse Guest Weekly
The WDW Radio Show
WDW Today
Window to the Magic (audio & video)
Inside the Magic (audio & video)
WDW Memories
At the Main Street Cinema Vid Cast
The Big D in HD video
Disney Cruise Line
Walt Disney World Resort: Plugged In

I can't pick a fave, though. They're all wonderful! :mickey:

MMouse6937
06-25-2007, 05:57 PM
I listen to the WDW radio show. Lou is so great, he knows so much about WDW. I also listen to Inside the Magic. Not always thrilled about how the push for donations (mostly Skipper Ben) but Ricky lives right in Orlando so it's great to hear a podcast from someone that can be in the parks in ten minutes if something new comes up! :thumbsup:

TiggerRPh
06-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Mouse Guest Weekly

I stopped listening to these guys about a year ago due to the pigheadedness of one of the hosts on their discussion boards. After a year...I thought about giving them another try but they refuse to answer my email.

Window to the Magic (audio & video)

I used to really like this show but when he had his little unprofessional and childish tirade against Jeff and the DPN a bit more than a week ago, I unsubsribed to the show.

jennbunn
06-26-2007, 01:19 AM
i listen to wdw radio and wdw today. i tried a few other's but did not care to much for them.

DisneyFreak23
06-26-2007, 08:38 AM
I listen to the WDW radio show. Lou is so great, he knows so much about WDW. I also listen to Inside the Magic. Not always thrilled about how the push for donations (mostly Skipper Ben) but Ricky lives right in Orlando so it's great to hear a podcast from someone that can be in the parks in ten minutes if something new comes up! :thumbsup:

:exactly:

claysmom
08-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Don't feel bag TiggerRPh, I'm a podcast junkie, too!

I like Trapped on Vacation and I absolutly love the ****** podcast. That guy is a riot!
Beyond Main Street has some great video footage of the rides at DisneyLand. I've only been there once, so I eat that up! We go to WDW each year, and I"m still hooked, but I am just ITCHING to go back to DL.

I really like the Big D, too - at least I think that's the one... 2 guys and a green screen having a great time?!? I'm so jealous! :D

I would really like to have a podcast on Disney History- sort of like my "This Day In Apple History" podcast. HINT HINT!

I've filled up my iPod with Disney Podcasts...There's very little room left for my Disney music! lol! Must upgrade!!!

claysmom
08-19-2007, 11:35 AM
OK- Just need to say this - I am not sure why the name of the podcast was censored, but just for the record, it was NOT obscene or not "family-friendly". I am not that type of person. I am horribly embarrassed and suddenly feel all "dirty" and like I was on here cursing and behaving badly! Please be advised that the censored title was in no means a title I would not use in front of my children or our priest. In fact I have actually recommended that very podcast to a few judges who enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks. :confused:

Donalds Duckie
08-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Some of these are my favorites too! Some aren't. I don't have an iPod but I do listen from my computer in the early mornings and while I'm surfing around the net.

I've listened to some others not listed here but I do not care for them at all.

Jeff
08-19-2007, 12:06 PM
OK- Just need to say this - I am not sure why the name of the podcast was censored, but just for the record, it was NOT obscene or not "family-friendly". I am not that type of person. I am horribly embarrassed and suddenly feel all "dirty" and like I was on here cursing and behaving badly! Please be advised that the censored title was in no means a title I would not use in front of my children or our priest. In fact I have actually recommended that very podcast to a few judges who enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks. :confused:

It looks like the name was blocked out by the automatic "censor". No need to feel bad about it. Several Innocent words are blocked because in another context they would mean something entirely different.

claysmom
08-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks Jeff! That makes me feel a little bit better. I'm now racking my brain to figure out what context that title could possibly be used in to make it inappropriate... :-)

Jeff
08-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm now racking my brain to figure out what context that title could possibly be used in to make it inappropriate... :-)

Well, not knowing what the word is I couldn't say but, on the positive side, it must be a good thing that you don't know how it could be used "wrong"!:thumbsup: