PDA

View Full Version : Some novice questions

Mackflava99
06-25-2007, 11:46 AM
My twins just started collecting last year, and we just got back from 10 days in WDW.
I was buying them some of the trading pins and they were going to cast members looking for "hidden mickey" and lanyard pins.

How do you know which pin is better than others? 2 of them say "1 of 5" and some look rare, but i have no idea-

How can i see if any pin is better than others ?
I am used to baseball cards and want to get into this with my kids, they are only 8 years old and i worry if they give away some that are more worthwhile.

DisneyDreams09
06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
I am not exactly a pro in this area, however, when we bought pins at the stand to trade with , we bought the cheaper ones that we didn't really care if we traded, them, we had planned on trading anyway.

Once we started trading, I noticed several that have dates and years on them or are from a specific celebration. My son got one last year that has buzz standing next to a calender of November 97, so we knew there was probably nowhere else we would find these,
so I would say go with ones that have specific dates or ones that are about past goings ons at WDW

Rachael:mickey:

06/06-OKW FIRST TIME

10/09-?

TuscanRaider
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Some might say LE on the back which stands for Limited Edition, so those might be more valuable.

When you have your kids trading please don't tell them what pins to get (unless it's a pin you think they would like and not just a pin that is valuable, unless they would like pins that are valuable :secret: )

I think the kids might have more fun if they don't worry so much about getting hidden mickeys, lanyard pins, LEs, etc etc. I like to get pins that I like and yes, I might like a pin just because it is valuable but I might still trade it if I don't really like it.

Now I am not totally sure if I am allowed to point to another site but there is a site at Pinpics.com that stores a lot of pins and you can check a pin usually to see if it has value or is rare. :thumbsup: :mickey:

I hope that helped some. :blush: