PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: Review of Questions 51-60

King Triton
06-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Time to review the first questions of the second half. In case you missed earlier reviews, there are links at the bottom.

Question #51 was almost a tossup, asking you to pick between two classic Disney movies: Cinderella and The Lion King. 81 votes were cast -- The Lion King won by one vote (51%).

I went for the lion king ..better story better music -- RAIDER

Cinderella is the essence of Disney magic -- an orphaned girl who is abused and then becomes princess, all the while retaining her hope and gentle disposition..... -- LibertyTreeGal

This was a really tough choice, you can't really compare these two, they are so different and I enjoy them both! -- Tinksmom02
---
The championship of the moderates was decided in Question #52. In an earlier question, you picked Caribbean Beach over Coronado Springs and PO Friench Quarter over PO Riverside. In this one,

Port Orleans French Quarter beat out CBR with 62% of the vote.

Had to go with the POFQ. It is so peaceful and quaint. Has a real southern feel to it. We liked Caribbean Beach, but I voted for POFQ for the relaxation factor. -- Mickey91

CBR is great...beautiful landscape, nice and quiet, bigger rooms -- rnin02

I don't really care for either -- KAT1811
---
Question #53 took us to the Magic Kingdom and asked you to pick between Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern. Liberty Tree Tavern was the winner here, capturing 59% of the vote.

I love the Liberty Tree Tavern! It is one of my very favorites in all of WDW! -- GrmGrninGost

I chose CP because of its proximity to the Castle, DW sure loves "her castle". -- WDWfeelslikehome

I just could not bring myself to vote for one over the other... I love both equally and make it point to eat at both places on every trip -- Tynkerbelle
---
Question #54 was one that got a lot of written responses. You were asked to pick between two vacation scenarios: Go once every other year for 7 days/6 nights or go every year for 4 days/3 nights.

The clear winner with 68% of the votes was Go once every other year for a week.

While it is nice to be in WDW no matter what, I would be frustrated to leave after only three days-- not enough time. I would have to redo my favorites every time and end up not getting to do much else. I would be content to wait for every other year and do it all, or at least do more. -- SBETigg

With so much Disney in my blood, I chose one a year. The longer stay would be great but I can't stay away that long. -- Belle_0717

I saw this question this morning and I really had to think about it all day....Gosh, the back-nine questions are getting tough!! -- Tynkerbelle

---
Time for a little theme park general shopping in Question #55, which asked you to pick between Magic Kingdom's Emporium and Epcot's MouseGear. Tradition didn't win out here -- MouseGear was the winner with 59% of the vote.

I tend to favor MouseGear at EPCOT. I always seem to find more of the items I am looking for, and it never seems to have that hectic -- DDuck66

...there's nothing like looking at your Disney souvenirs and knowing you bought them right in the midst of the magic, on Main Street at the Emporium. -- SBETigg

This was a hard choice, I have had great luck with both stores. -- ibelieveindisneymagic
---
Many people say "Yacht and Beach Club" in the same breath. But Question #56 asked you to pick between the two. Beach Club was the easy winner here, picking up 80% of the vote.

Beach Club... Because it is a little closer to epcot. -- mook3y

I like the Yacht Club, mostly because of the decor. -- disneyfan369

...it was a tough choice. I love the look of both of them. -- avantgardeinker
---
Back to eating at Epcot for Question #58. Rose and Crown or Biergarten? England's Rose and Crown took this one, with about 67% of the vote.

Definitely Rose and Crown! Love the Fish and Chips and all the desserts so far have been really good. -- avantgardeinker

I vote Biergarten because it's a family tradition. I've eaten there almost as many times as I've been to Walt Disney World. -- January-2007

Tough choice, as neither place seems to have too appealing menus -- darthmacho
---
Question #59 pitted a couple of the older "4-D" movies against each other, asking you to choose between "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" and "It's Tough to be a Bug". I wasn't surprised that "It's

Tough to be a Bug" won, but I was surprised how easily, with ITTBAB taking 85% of the vote. The overwhelming opinion was that "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" is outdated and needs a rehab, at the very least.

...I remember being far more wowed the first time I saw Its Tough to Be a Bug. Plus, ITTBAB has an awesome theater and theming leading up to the show. -- Lacy

I chose Honey I Shrunk The Audience. I chose it for the simple reason that I simply cannot handle the "bugs" poking you in the butt at the end. It creeps me out to even think of it. -- jenperich

I like both almost about the same .. -- snifflesmcg
---
Question #60 asked you to pick the mix of a Disney Cruise vacation. Would you prefer a week-long cruise, or a split cruise/WDW visit, with 3/4 nights on the boat and 4/3 nights at WDW. Lots of different opinions here, but 57% of you picked for the mixed trip.

I picked the split because I can't imagine being the close to WDW and not going!!! -- glenpreece

We would love to do a week long Disney Cruise...The 3/4, 4/3 split with parks would be nothing more than a tease of both to us. You're just starting to have fun when it's time to leave. -- princessjojo
---
Previous reviews:
Questions 1-10 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103415)
Questions 11-20 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=104399)
Questions 21-30 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=105376)
Questions 31-40 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=106508)
Questions 41-50 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107392)

BrerSchultzy
06-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks Again!

This is a blast!:mickey:

January-2007
06-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the recap! I missed a lot of those questions while on vacation... Good to see them all put together! I can't believe it's more than half way over!