PDA

View Full Version : Dog-friendly WDW hotels?

Roo Girl
06-25-2007, 09:32 AM
I know WDW has kennels but I wondered if there are any pet-friendly hotels yet on WDW property? :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
06-25-2007, 09:52 AM
I believe the only resort which allows dogs - and even then on a limited basis - is Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.

DDuck66
06-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Unfortunatly there is not any. There is a Sheraton that is about a mile from DTD that is pet friendly. I will be staying there for our first offsite visit ever in October.

Roo Girl
06-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Any experience with the WDW kennels? Are they clean and safe? Do the pups get exercise and that WDW customer service?

TiggerRPh
06-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Please go here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/pets/default.asp) for kennel info. Personally, we leave our dogs in a kennel at home.

big blue and hairy
06-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Please go here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/pets/default.asp) for kennel info. Personally, we leave our dogs in a kennel at home.

Unless you plan to visit your dog, which some folks would, I wouldn't impose a long trip on my dog when she'd be just as happy at our local kennel...uh...excuse me...doggie spa. :D

:sulley:

TiggerRPh
06-25-2007, 11:38 AM
:funny:

We call it that too...and the doggie resort.

DizneyRox
06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I believe the only thing the WDW kennels do is feed the dogs. You are responsible for walks, etc.

Leave the dog at home at a local kennel. Everyone would be happier.

DisneyDog
06-25-2007, 01:50 PM
If you must bring your dog(s) with you (and we used to when we lived in Florida), then I would recommend staying at Universal. They are incredible when it comes to pets. They treat them like rock stars. We have stayed at both the Hard Rock and Royal Pacific. Both are amazing. Royal Pacific is kind of like the Poly, but newer and more luxurious. They gave us food bowls and fancy cookies for our dogs.

I don't recommend the dog kennels. You have to do everything -- walk, feed, etc... They are just a facility. They were very hot too.

mttafire
06-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I believe the only resort which allows dogs - and even then on a limited basis - is Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.

I think you're right. F.W. was the only place i could think of also.