PDA

View Full Version : AK/Studios: One day each?

Disneyglamour
06-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Should I split AK and the Studios up into two different days or is it possible to do both in one day? I haven't been to either in a while...

Mickey91
06-25-2007, 09:22 AM
That really depends on your interests. If you enjoy the shows at MGM, you will need at least a day as it is hard to schedule them and ride the rides. AK is so spread out that other than the wait time, you need to figure in the time to get to each attraction. Are you getting a park hopper? If so, plan one day for each and then if you finish early, go for some bonus time at another park!:mickey:

DDuck66
06-25-2007, 09:48 AM
I would have to agree with the above, We usaully spend one or two days at MGM, and then a day at AK. AK usually closes early, so we use that "free' night to go to another park for dinner or to see a late show such as Fantasmic or Illuminations.

DawsonAR
06-25-2007, 10:00 AM
We usually do a day at each, but it is close to impossible to see EVERYTHING at MGM and do it in a day. You have to schedule your rides around show times and shows around other shows. It does get really hard to do in a day. We just pick a couple of shows each time so we can do the park in one day.

I think AK is gettting harder to do in a day, but so far we have been able to do it. We don't do every attraction there.

Have Fun!

Jared
06-25-2007, 10:09 AM
The Disney-MGM Studios has quickly become my least favorite park. Besides Fantasmic!, I have little reason to visit altogether.

Animal Kingdom takes at least one day. It is possible to experience the top attractions in a few hours, but the park is designed to be savored.

Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo - The Musical are two live stage shows better than any production at the Disney-MGM Studios.

Expedition Everest and Dinosaur easily rival the Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

Kilimanjaro Safaris is unlike anything the Disney-MGM Studios offers.

I realize this post has turned into a comparison of the two parks, and I understand the Disney-MGM Studios has supporters. But I hope people start spending more time at the Animal Kingdom because it truly is a magical park.

A Foolish Mortal
06-25-2007, 10:34 AM
To see everything in both those parks requires at least a day each. In my case, I went back to both AK and MGM to ride Everest and TOT another day.

wilshade
06-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Animal Kingdom easily takes a whole day. If you want to immerse yourself deeper into the Animal theme . . have breakfast at Boma, do the park, then have dinner at Jiko's. It really adds to your day.

The Studios (I dont know how much longer "MGM" is going to remain in the name) is worth a day if you have never seen it before. Unfortunately, it is in need of overhaul, which hopefully come from Pixar sometime soon.

But, it is worth a look. The shops have some interesting items in them and if you run into some of the "streetmosphere" characters, it will be a good day.

GrmGrninGost
06-25-2007, 10:48 AM
To me, MGM may be my second favorite park. It takes more than a day to see it all. Several of their attractions are at particular times, which makes it hard to fit them all in. AK on the other hand hardly interest me at all. Half a day is usually plenty. I hit the hi-lights and then go elsewhere. Of course, you may have different interests. I think if I were you I would plan a day at each and play it by ear. If you have extra time at the end of those days, move to a different park.

Belle619
06-25-2007, 10:53 AM
I would say that AK is definitely a whole day park. We went for the first time in March and although we got there at opening and staying until 3pm (had to get to the airport) we barely saw everything that we had wanted to. Not to mention that we didn't get a chance to see any shows.

Disney/MGM was more of a half to 3/4 day park - but we were there for ESPN the weekend, so we spent more time there than we probably would have any other weekend.

Either way, when adding in the time to get from hotel to park and then park to park - a half day at either place would really be a stretch. Unless you are regulars who go very frequently, you're not going to get your money's worth if you only allow yoursef a few hours to see and do everthing the parks have to offer.

TiggerRPh
06-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Should I split AK and the Studios up into two different days or is it possible to do both in one day? I haven't been to either in a while...

You can easily do them both in a full day each and is you're short on time probably squeeze both into one day if you needed to.

Jacova
06-25-2007, 11:20 AM
We did AK and MGM in one day. No, we didn't see EVERYthing - but we were limited in time and did all of our must sees.

If you are interested in the shows at MGM, however - I'd say spend a full day there. We were only interested in the rides (seen the shows many times) so it was no problem at all. It really depends on how much time you have and what you are interested in doing.

TiggerRPh
06-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Exactly...same thing for AK. If you want to do everything, it might take you 3/4 of day, but if you do the highlights, you can probably be out of there by 1 PM.

glenpreece
06-25-2007, 11:28 AM
I think that if you want to as much as possible you will need almost a day for each. But I split those days in half. I can't stand being in AK during the afternoon heat so I split it into 2 early mornings and same goes for MGM I split it into 2 afternoons or 1 morning and 1 afternoon so I can see Fantasmic. I can't do a whoile entire day at either I get too bored.

Pocahontas
06-25-2007, 11:36 AM
AK is one of my favorite parks and I always spend a full day there (of course it closes earlier than the other parks). MGM is my least favorite park, however I do have 4 or 5 rides/attractions I feel is a must see.

It is possible to do both parks in one day, if you plan. Pick your 'must see' attractions, get fast passes where available, and keep moving (no time for rest breaks).

biodtl
06-25-2007, 12:15 PM
I generally spend less that open-close at each of these parks, but definietly not a half-day. I wouldn't be able to do everything I wanted at both in only one day.

DisneyDreams09
06-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Definately, I agree you should plan a day at each park, then if you happen to have time and energy :crowd: left over, hop on over to another park for dinner or the later shows

If you try to do to much you'll end up missing some of the finer parts of each park that make them unique, so definately plan a day each.

Hope this helps,

Rachael:mickey:

06/06-OKW FIRST TIME

10/09-? (suggestions for 5)

dumbo ears
06-25-2007, 12:46 PM
well personally i think that u should split them into 2 days. One of my reasons is if u do both in one day u rush your self all day long because u want to see the best stuff and both parks. When u do that u don't take in all the disney magic and all that good stuff. I think u should split them up into 2 days and take in all the scenery and stuff.:thumbsup:

MsMin
06-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I would recommend that the 1/2 -3/4 day be on different days too. While I could squeeze in everything I wanted to see in a full day most often both parks close rather early. If you have EMH there are more crowds to slow you down esp. on the big attractions. We finish @ AK at about 3-4 pm -- not enough time to see MGM but to change to EPCOT to and WS or MK.
I've gone to see Fantasmic after a day @ AK and a nice dinner and that was pushing it. At MGM we don't do that many rides but just ToT, RnR, Star Tours and occasionally(every 2 or 3 years) we do the Muppets. We've ended up going back to MGM b/c we didn't do it all....