PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Disneyland In October

tdhiatt
06-24-2007, 11:27 PM
:mickey:
We would like to go this year and are thinking the last 4 days in Sept, and the first 3 in Oct. Do you know when the Holloween festivities begin? Like the the nightmare before x-mas? Any suggestions or opinions about this time of year? Thanks

drevlo
06-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Historically, the "Haunted Holiday" version of the Haunted Mansion opens up on October 1st. Up until that point, it's usually closed while the overlay is being installed.
Having said that, the DL website currently shows that the HM will be coming out of "refurbishment" on Friday 9/21.
I'm sure that it's too early to really say for certain what the plan is, but in the past, October 1st was the date for HM.
Aside from that, various Halloween/Fall themed decoration start popping up around the park around mid-September (from what I can remember).

tdhiatt
06-25-2007, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the info. Do you know what to expect as far as the crowd goes?

tinkwest
06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
We went during the second week of October last year and the crowds were not bad at all, except for the lines at the Haunted Mansion. Lots of Halloween-y type decorations. You may view some pictures on my homepage. Don't know how decked out things will be during the first few days of the month, but holiday HM should be up & running. :pumpkin:

drevlo
06-25-2007, 10:30 PM
We went to DL last year (Oct 14-19) and had good luck with the crowds...which is why we usually choose to go there in the Fall/Winter.
Our first day there was a Saturday, and since the parks are ALWAYS busier on the weekends, we used this day to relax, get settled into our room (GCH), and do some swimming.
The week of Halloween, including Halloween itself, tends to be a bit busier, but any other time in October, you should be good...
Ooh! I almost forgot. They usually have the unofficial "Gay Days" in October. I'm not sure what the dates are this year, but that event tends to increase the attendance a bit as well, so you may want to plan around it.

Cheers!

NotaGeek
06-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Gay Days is October 5-7. This is for information only, please keep this thread on topic! :thumbsup:

tdhiatt
06-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks for all the info. I believe there is a holiday in there somewhere. In one of my books it says that its a little busier then. I was thinking it was about the second week. Does anyone know?

NotaGeek
06-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Typically every weekend is busy all year long. It's slower Monday-Thursday. If there is a long weekend or school is out of session on a Friday it will be really busy. I don't know of a holiday then, but if you google for a calendar it might clue you in, do we even celebrate Columbus Day anymore?

There is also a weekend in October for all the folks that LOVE Haunted Mansion Holiday, but I don't know when that is.