PDA

View Full Version : Crowds 1st week of September?

special k
06-24-2007, 08:55 PM
My wife and I are going to Disneyland the 1st week in September? Does anyone know if California schools are back in session that week and if the crowds should be low? I thought labor day would be packed but we hoped the following days would not be. Also, does anyone know if Fantasmic will be showing on Labor day? I assume that it won't be the following days due to the sudden drop in hours?

What can we expect for crowds and ride closures?

Thanks to anyone who has some tips or information...:D

drevlo
06-25-2007, 12:24 AM
As you could expect, Labor day weekend is one of the last big rushes to the park prior to the "off season".
Most of all of the California schools are back in session at some point during the week after Labor day, if not sooner (my kids up here in Nor Cal go back in mid-August).
If you can, it would be worth waiting a few weeks, and maybe heading down towards the middle or the end of the month.
The crowds usually start thinning out at that point...plus, some of the Hotels run some specials on room rates during that time.

special k
06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the info. We're already booked in a hotel and committed, so I guess we're in it for better or for worse :mickey:

Maybe if it's still crowded they won't have a lot of ride closures. I've gone in the slow season before and some of the best rides were down.

It's hard to have your cake and eat it too :unsure:

nmbullrdr
06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes, Labor Day will be busy. The next few days should be rather quiet. Disneyland website does not have any entertainment listed for September yet but there is a good chance Fantasmic! will be playing on Labor Day. On Sept 4th Haunted Mansion and Casey Jr will be closing. That is all that is listed at this time. I would check the Disneyland calender around the middle to end of August to get a better insight on the entertainment and closures for September.

kodabearcub
07-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey, in response to this thread...don't forget that the DL half marathon weekend is on Labor day weekend. The actual half marathon is on Labor day, so all those athletes ( including me!!!yay!!!) will be there. Fun times!