PDA

View Full Version : where celebrities stay

mel
06-24-2007, 06:58 PM
where do celebrites for example, royalty etc.. stay at dw??

TammiMcMan
06-24-2007, 07:25 PM
I know a number of them stay in the main building of the GF, also the Poly and the AKL are pretty popular with celebs.

disneydeb
06-24-2007, 07:30 PM
:D

Princess deb usually stays at a value! ;)

crazypoohbear
06-24-2007, 08:58 PM
I know that many royals from Saudi stay at the Dolphin. Also, Michael Jackson, Burt Reynolds have stayed in the presidental suite at the dolphin

liz
06-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Over the years I have seen John Travolta at the GF... Paul Stanley (KISS) going into Sugar Loaf at GF...
heard of Eddie Murphy being at AKL. Also John Travolta being at AKL... my friend saw a Miami Heat basketball player in the pool at AKL this April... the actor Chris Tucker at Jiko...
That's all I can think of right now :thumbsup:

liz
06-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh - I had a woman at the Ivy Trellis Salon at GF tell me acouple of years ago that a Saudi princess routinely rents out an entire floor of the Main Building (concierge) at the GF in July/August yearly :party:

Tinkerfreak
06-25-2007, 07:44 AM
When we visited the AKL at the end of April one of the guys from High School Musical was staying in a suite at the AKL. He was the blond guy (DD would kill me for not knowing his name). DH saw him working out in the AKL health club early one morning surrounded by security guards. DD was so mad that her daddy did not get her an autograph. I had to explaine to her about not invading his personal time and that it would have been rude to bother him while he was working out.
I have heard that Kelly Rippa and her family have stayed at the GF and at the AKL.

Maleficent's Dad
06-25-2007, 10:10 AM
During "ESPN the Weekend," the BC was overrun with sports celebs.

DCDisney
06-25-2007, 12:43 PM
For the Soap weekend, most of the soap stars stay at the Beach Club. I know someone who has had to deal with each star's personal security guards, etc. They even set up a hospitality room, where personal security guards hang out, while being on-call, during the day (a mini-concierge room, with same foods, etc. as the concierge). Top floor of BC also has a hidden presidential suite, that was used by Michael Eisner any time he stayed.

Jenemmy
06-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I remember the stories about Princess Di staying at the Grand Flo with her boys when they were young. The story goes that they even changed the carpet in the suite to match her luggage. I also read in one of the guidebooks (seems like) that Arnold Schwarzenegger (sp???) always stays in the suite at Yacht Club.

princessjojo
06-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Princessjojo stays wherever her head of financial affairs officer (DH) allows. She also accepts input from both of her Event Directors. Overall, she's not too pickythough.:princess:

murphy1
06-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I got caught in Princess Di's motorcade when I was going to Orlando from Tampa on business. She was definitely at GF with her boys (it was all over the news), most of them stay there. I remember when Contemporary was THE place for them to stay when it was newer. At least the "poor" celebs who work for ABC get a cut rate on their room LOL.

r4kids
06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Princessjojo stays wherever her head of financial affairs officer (DH) allows. She also accepts input from both of her Event Directors. Overall, she's not too pickythough.:princess:

LOL, that is very funny. I also have a large group of event directors (4) to assist in our upscale accomodations. Oh and my Head of Financial Affairs is myself. DH makes it I spend it.

TheRustyScupper
06-25-2007, 04:31 PM
1) Grand Floridian and Poly are high on the USA list.
2) Swan/Dolphin are popular for Europeans.
3) YC/BC houses Soap Weekend Stars.
4) OKW usually keeps the Home Makeover families.
5) SSR puts up the Home Makeover crews.

NOTE: This is not a complete list, and some celebs do cross-over to other favorite resorts. However, the quantities of celebs at Values and Moderates appear to be somewhat limited.

wdwfan
06-25-2007, 05:17 PM
I remember being there one year and NSync was at WL, Julie Andrews and I don't remember who singer is (my niece would know), but they were staying at CR.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-25-2007, 06:38 PM
As my sis said a lot of Saudis stay at the Dolphin. They'll rent out a whole floor to insure their privacy/security. There was a big group coming in right after we left a couple of visits ago. They can be very demanding, but are willing to pay for the service. And that particular group was repeat customers and had a reputation for tipping VERY well.