PDA

View Full Version : Disney movies

Bethis26fan
06-24-2007, 04:26 PM
I don't know if there is actual a place for this, but is there any where that you can find out what movies are coming from the disney vault to dvd in the future.

Chris Albers
06-24-2007, 05:40 PM
(Edited per TOS) keeps track all announced DVD releases from the Disney Company

Strmchsr
06-24-2007, 05:44 PM
The upcoming schedule (as of now, and always subject to change) is:

The Jungle Book (October 2nd 2007)
The Aristocats (Spring 2008)
101 Dalmations (Expected in March 2008)
Sleeping Beauty (October 2008)
Pinocchio (Expected February/March of 2009)
Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs Re-Release (Expected Fall 2009)

Bethis26fan
06-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks.

disneyfan369
06-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Has Beauty and the Beast come out on DVD yet?

Strmchsr
06-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Has Beauty and the Beast come out on DVD yet?

Yes, it was released as a Platinum Edition in 2003, but has since gone back in the "Vault." According to the release cycle it will probably reappear in October 2009, but nothing confirmed yet. You can still get it on Amazon, though, through their secondary sellers at a reasonable price.

PirateLover
06-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I would be wary of Amazon sellers in this case. I received Snow White and Beauty and the Beast through secondary sellers because we didn't have a DVD player when these were released. The original Beauty and the Beast that I received was marketed as the Platinum edition but what I received was a one disc version with a the Canadian flag emblem in the corner. The disc itself was gold. After asking/looking around I determined it was a bootleg. I ordered another that was the correct box and had 2 discs, but both that and the Snow White DVD set seem to have odd colorings to the covers and discs. One section of my Beauty and the Beast DVD (I think it was Chip's challenge or something) didn't even work, despite the CD being in pristine condition. The movies themselves look fine however so I'm not sure what to make of that. I just really wish Disney did not do this whole vault thing because it's the fans who suffer. Every year new Disney fans are born and there should be access to all Disney movies ever released.