PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania & The MGM Ride Situation

A Foolish Mortal
06-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Do you think that Toy Story Mania will really be more of a draw to MGM??? Right now, the reasons I go to MGM are only for TOT, RNR, and Muppets 3-D. I mean, Toy Story Mania might bring in more people, but it's sort of just a copy of Buzz Lightyear in MK. If they were going to make a new shooting gallery ride, why didn't they theme it to something else besides Toy Story???? They already have a ride of this type themed to Toy Story in another park. I think if MGM really wants to draw in more crowds, it needs a big E-Ticket attraction, not a D or C ticket like Toy Story Mania will be.

disneygeek18
06-24-2007, 03:46 PM
I think a new C or D ticket is exactly what MGM needs. I obviously love the shows and E-tickets, but there is no ride in between. GMR is pretty much an e-ticket in my book. No dark rides. However, I do agree that it shouldnt be Toy Story, there a bajillion other characters Disney could have used, but for some reason they chose to basically the same thing, actually less of it, because there won't be anything actually there! It's all going to be screens, and there are previews of the videos on the net, and they're not that impressive. Hopefully the next project isn't pixar related.

NewmanFamily6
06-24-2007, 03:49 PM
I thought the description sounded like it was going to be similar to the Buzz Lightyear ride. I am still hoping it will be something new though.

TheMartellFamily
06-24-2007, 03:54 PM
I thought the same that it was the Buzz lightyear ride at the MK. I did not know I was just going to wait and see what it was going to be like.

WEDTOPIA
06-24-2007, 10:09 PM
It's actually going to be more like Spiderman at IOA than Buzz. It'll be CGI technology , so we'll get a chance to see how Disney applies it.

:mickey:

Jakk
06-25-2007, 01:42 AM
I thought the description sounded like it was going to be similar to the Buzz Lightyear ride. I am still hoping it will be something new though.

Similar to buzz!? Lol! Buzz is just a basic interactive darkride which alot of amusment parks have. While TSM is the next generation of "interactive darkrides". Basically it's Disney version of IOA Spiderman the only diffrence it's interacive. So say on game you have to throw darts at a ballon you'll feel a wind effect and birds and peices of the balloon will go flying at you.

According to the WDI this project is more of an E-ticket rather than a D, or a C-ticket. You'll get a better understanding once you acutally get to experience but let me assure you it's not anothere Buzz ride. It's buzz on steroids..:thedolls:

An this seems to be the only ride which I cant wait to wait in line for! Since they'll have Mr. Potato Head state of the art AA which will have Mr.Potato head interacting with guests, and will move it's body parts arounds...

Lizzie
06-25-2007, 02:22 AM
I am very excited for this ride. My husband and I really enjoy spiderman at IOA, that and Men In Black are the reasons we step off Disney Property for a day.

snifflesmcg
06-25-2007, 03:04 AM
For me personally, it's a deterrent. I feel that MGM should stick to their roots and have a more "movie studio" theme as apposed to character rides. Don't get me wrong, these attractions are great.......for the MK. I'd like to see more behind the scenes productions and rides and shows based on just that. Adding one or two here and there like they already have is fine but I wouldn't dedicate a bunch of rides solely on one movie.

Spaceship Tigger
06-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Comparing this to Spiderman at IOA makes me wonder even more why they didn't try to develop this into an Incredibles ride. I just don't think they needed another Toy Story theme, and I believe that's dampening a lot of people's enthusiasm for the project.

A Foolish Mortal
06-25-2007, 10:38 AM
I think an Incredibles theme would be great.... but they may be using the Incredibles theme for that always rumored Incredibles robot coaster in MK.

A Foolish Mortal
06-25-2007, 10:42 AM
I just read the description of the ride.... you guys are right it sounds like more of a Spiderman than a Buzz Lightyear. I was under the impression that it was just a Buzz clone, but I guess it is much more technologically advanced than that.

LudwigVonDrake
06-25-2007, 03:14 PM
If they change the Mickey Avenue area to a "Pixar Studios" area, MGM will be fine. If the stories/rumors are true, there is more stuff coming at some point. Add in the update to Star Tours and (hopefully) a rehab to the Muppets movie, the future looks bright :mickey:

Anborn
06-25-2007, 03:27 PM
where are we getting the information for this new attraction? a different site? employee in the know? If its another site, I'ld love to know it. Another curious disney fan. thanx.

tink'72
06-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Okay, my first question is what is IOA :confused:

When I was at MGM in April, I was taking a picture of my DS and DD under the Mickey Avenue sign and one of the CM's came buy and said good thing you are getting that now. This whole area is being renamed Pixar Lane. He went on to say they are putting in a Toy Story ride and re-doing that whole section where they currently have the Playhouse Disney Characters.

I hope they dont' get rid of the Playhouse Disney Characters my 4 year old LOVES seeing Leo, Quincy , Jo Jo and Goliath.