PDA

View Full Version : Young Riders?

froggygirl20one
06-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I Have a Little Sister (5) and as much as she annoys me i am concerned about The Expedition Everest Ride. I am afraid she will be scared and the trip will be ruined as far as rides are concerned. But on the other hand i dont want her to miss out on the awesome ride seeing as she might like it. Any Advice is appriciated. I am 13 by the way.:confused::confused::confused:

and :secret: i dont want her to know im being a softee lol! ;) :thumbsup: :mickey: :ack: lol

psychotekkie
06-24-2007, 01:40 PM
My daughter has loved thrill rides for as long as she could get on them. Her best friend, on the other hand would not be able to do anything more wild than It's a Small World.

I guess you know your sister better than we do. But I can tell you that having one kid not go on certain rides is NOT going to ruin your trip. In fact it can make it BETTER!!

On our last trip, my DS2 couldn't go on thrill rides, so we did rider switch off. That means my husband rode with my older child while I waited with DS, and then I rode with her immediately afterward with NO WAIT. This means that you will do DOUBLE TIME on every thrill ride. This will possibly be the best trip of your life cause it is like having a fastpass for a second shot at every thrill ride!

Have fun!

nicole48040
06-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Honestly, use kid swap and don't take her on any iffy rides. You end up too busy consoling her to enjoy the ride yourself and it leaves bad memories for her. That's why they started kid swap and it works great! Have Fun:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
06-24-2007, 02:03 PM
If she's tall enough and enjoys the rides she can go on no problem. But as the above poster stated, kid swap is the way to go. Plus, the kid swap pass usually gives 3 people a ride, so one of your parents could stay with your little sister and then when you swap you get to ride again!

K8screen
06-24-2007, 02:38 PM
My youngest daughter was 6 when we first visited. She rode everything she was tall enough for, at Disney and at the "other parks" and seemed to enjoy it all. Some years and several trips later; she was just as big a Disney nut as me; I asked her what her main memory of that first trip was. Her answer? "2 weeks of terror" I was horrified. I honestly hadn't realised. She told me she felt she had to do the big rides or her brother and sister would laugh at her. She really enjoyed the rides on later trips, but you see how much influence you, as big sister could have? Make it easy on YOUR little sister, let her see it really doesn't matter if she doesn't want to ride.

froggygirl20one
06-24-2007, 02:55 PM
:thumbsup:thx guys soooo much i was just worried bc i dont want her to feel as though she needs to force herself to go on the ride becuz of me thx again and other ppl feel free to leave more comments only 52 days left till disney :mickey::mickey::mickey::number1::number1: