PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club, Beach Club, or BC Villas... Help

ndbulsu
06-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Myself, wife, 10yo daughter, 7 yo son. October trip. We have been to DW many times, but this time want to stay in one of the resorts where we can walk to Epcot. Basically we want a nice room, with some peace and quiet when we are at the resort and a balcony. View would be nice, but I mainly want to avoid a bad view, roof top, noisy area, etc. Please help with any advice as to which resort and if possible, a room request. Thank you

MickeyMousse
06-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I would recommend The Yacht Club.:thumbsup: Avoid getting a pool view-Stormalong Bay can become quite noisy and the main walkway back from the boat dock is loud at all times of the day and night.:down: We've been there, done that and have learned our lesson. I found the courtyard view is very nice and so is the harbor view. I always asked for an upper floor, too. Love the whole balcony setting/view! Enjoy!:mickey:

playdead88
06-24-2007, 12:14 PM
we stayed at beach club villas and our room # was 552 though we had a great view of illuminations every night from our balcony and the epcot ball there was a noisy road that didn't bother us but if you are going for quiet that my be a room to avoid. it seemed as if the villa rooms over the quiet pool would be just that quiet and beautiful at night. hope that helped and have a great vacation! :thumbsup:

liz
06-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi. You cannot go wrong with any of the 3 resorts. However, my DD is 10 and she can't wait to return to the BC this summer b/c of the pool. We have stayed at BWI twice for quick trips, both times on the concierge level, and have had a great time but Stormalong Bay at the BC/YC is a LOT of fun for older children and now she begs to split our stays b/w my favorite (AKL) and the BC :party:

goofyandmax
06-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Beach Club was great, just make sure and get an upper level room. Anywhere around th pool will be noisy.

Maleficent's Dad
06-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Few things...

SAB usually closes early enough so that noise is not a factor in the evening.

BCV and BC give you the best proximity to EPCOT. YC is not much further away, but you want close to EPCOT. BW Inn is about same distance as YC. BCV are 5 minute walk from the room to Int'l Gateway.

All three locations give you great locations; YC is more subdued, BC is more hustle/bustle, BCV can give you best room size.

Up to you to make final decision! Good luck! :mickey:

iheartdisney
06-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Beach Club would be my first choice, Yacht Club second and I'd avoid Boardwalk if you're looking for peace and quiet.

pox24
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
1BR villa at the Beach Club is your best bet. Off the first floor on the pool is ideal.:thumbsup:

thejens
06-25-2007, 10:23 PM
We stayed at Beach Club and loved it. We had room 378, a view of a courtyard. Pretty, quiet and pleasant. Very close to Epcot. Our balcony was fine, but our relatives was tiny, but okay for us/them. I think all the balconies at Yaht Club are larger. I liked the cheery beach decor at BC, the YC is more country club, masculine. Both seem like great choices to me.