PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe or Ohana>?

LADY DI
06-23-2007, 07:53 PM
I need to make my dinign reservations today for 7 Table Meals.

I am going to try for The Cellier ( Epcot), Crystal Palace ( Magic), BOMA ( Animal Lodge) , Mama Melrose ( MGM), Chef Mickey ( Contemporary Hotel), 50 Prime Time (MGM)

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I hope I'm not too late, travelling in Sept during free dining promo.

Travelling with hubby and 2 x 17 yr old teens

Are my choices good?

I've been to Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey already. It will be one of the 17 yr olds first time.

Natazu
06-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Your choices fine. I like Kona over 'Ohana but they are both very good. You will have a hard time getting Le Cellier at this point so a good back-up will be to do both Kona and 'Ohana.

LADY DI
06-23-2007, 10:01 PM
You are right, I had to give Le Cellier up. There is no availabilty all day long during our entire 8 days stay. Same with Coral Reef. Had to settle with San ANgel Inn ( I hope it's good) ANy suggestions on what to order at San Angel?

Ohana, same thing , no availability at all. But I did get Kona Cafe at 5:10 pm ( A bit early but it's all good) Any suggestions on what to order at Kona?

Natazu
06-24-2007, 09:45 AM
ANy suggestions on what to order at San Angel?Brocheta de Mariscos... oh yeah. They have good nachos too.

Any suggestions on what to order at Kona? Pot Stickers, Crab Cakes, Shrimp & Scallops, Char-crusted Filet, and Do Not Miss the Kilauea Torte whatever you do.

murphy1
06-24-2007, 02:00 PM
I had the coconut almond crusted chicken and it was great, yes, even for chicken! I ate a lot of seafood while on my trip to the coast, so I passed on the Mahi, but it looked great. Get a salad with the honey lime dressing, they also serve that at Ohana and it's the same, it's wonderful, also the banana caramel creme brulee was outstanding. For drinks, I recommend a Lapu Lapu or Mai Tai.

mickey-mouse35
06-24-2007, 04:27 PM
You'll love Kona! The potstickers are yummy, and we're trying crab cakes in October based on recommendations from here. Don't think you can really go wrong with anything there. Make sure you save room for dessert! :mickey:

San Angel Inn is OK--great atmosphere but just fair food, IMO. I prefer Morocco or Japan, and I know others will recommend Germany.

glenpreece
06-24-2007, 05:13 PM
The chicken wings at Kona are AMAZING. The mahi mahi is really good to and the desserts are so delish.

Starshine2793
06-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Did you get Chef Mickey's? That's a hard ticket too.