PDA

View Full Version : Hoop-Dee-Doo vulgar?

pwdebbie
06-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I've read a few comments elsewhere that said some people found HDD to be vulgar and had a lot of sexual innuendos. Dh and I are unapologetically square and would not want to sit through a lot of off-color humor, especially having to use two DDP points each.

So, what do you think? Should we reconsider and cancel our reservations?

Deb
first trip, Oct. 2007, POFQ

LibertyTreeGal
06-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Gosh I don't remember anything -- other than a male audience member wearing a pink tutu when he got drafted to play a fairy in the play....

But seriously, go to you tube -- it has lots of video shot of hoop dee doo -- just type that in and watch what is there. I am taking my 6 year olds and I wouldn't dream of letting them watch anything lewd.

Jimenyfan
06-23-2007, 08:36 PM
That is definetly not a way I would describe Hoop Dee Doo, I dont remember any such innuendo's or off color humor. I remember it as being one of the calmest and funniest shows I have ever seen.

ElenitaB
06-23-2007, 08:37 PM
It's been a few years since we went, but I did take son who had just turned five. I don't remember anything vulgar at all... in fact, we thought it was was "good clean fun."

Bethanymouse
06-23-2007, 09:25 PM
We have been to the hoop de due many times and I cant say that I have ever noticed anything inappropriate. It is good clean fun!

Natazu
06-23-2007, 09:28 PM
There are some sexual inuendos here and there but nothing over PG. I remember thinking a couple of times "if I posted that on ICOT, I'd get edited".

LibertyTreeGal
06-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Unless someone objects to the Hokey Pokey???? I have to admit, that Six Bits is a fine figure of a man..... :D ;) And he flirted shamelessly with my Aunt Peggy the whole show!

'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram
06-23-2007, 09:51 PM
wearing a pink tutu when he got drafted to play a fairy

That'd be me! :blush: When I heard that wearing your wedding ears would make things happen, I didn't suspect getting "volunteered" would be one of the things.

I know how to have fun. [or whatever that sign they put on my backside said... anyone know?]

tarjaybuff
06-24-2007, 12:02 AM
We went to HDDR last year, and loved it. It reminded me of the humor you would see on old sitcoms like "MaMa's Family" or "Golden Girls".

I urge you not to cancel your reservations. :)You will be sorry:( if you do. Great food, fun show, who could ask for anything more.:mickey:

DizneyRox
06-24-2007, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't cancel, but you might want to reconsider using two DDP credits for the show. It's not really a good value...

TheRustyScupper
06-24-2007, 06:46 PM
. . . I've read a few comments elsewhere that said some people found HDD to be vulgar and had a lot of sexual innuendos . . .

1) I am relatively conservative.
2) OK, I am a lot conservative.
3) In fact, I have been called Right of Newt Gingrich.
4) I found nothing rude or vulgar.
5) I think you will be fine going to the show.

NOTE: Although not rude or vulgar, it is silly and maybe a little slapstick. It is truly a fun show.

SgtTigger
06-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Folks this is a Disney show.........

It is for a Disney audience..........

No way it is PG.........

We have been a few times and will return in the future......

:cop: :tigger:

goofyandmax
06-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Hoop dee doo was a blast!! It was my sons b-day and they sang Happy Birthday to him. Good clean fun. No worries.

Wayne
06-24-2007, 08:26 PM
If you would be offended by Milton Berle or Lucille Ball style slapstick then cancel. That is the type of humor you will find in HDD.

Enjoy the show.

Maleficent's Dad
06-24-2007, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't call the food gourmet.
I wouldn't call the place luxurious.

But for an excellent family dinner show? This is tops! Wow, I've recommended this show millions of times, and never once have I thought of it as "vulgar."

There might - and I stress might - be some ambiguous references to adult material, but it's a stretch... My kids - ages 6 & 8 have been there about 6 times each. I wouldn't hesitate ever bringing them. :mickey:

Pocahontas
06-24-2007, 11:13 PM
You don't have anything to worry about, just good clean fun.

pogo
06-25-2007, 01:55 PM
I had to chime in here........ we were at HDDR in April and we loved it. Not a hint of vulgarity in the place. :mickey:

I can't wait to go back ! :D

PinKy
06-25-2007, 02:10 PM
How unusual! I never would have made the connection between the HDDR and vularity! Its a family-friendly show, you'll be fine. :-) Have fun!

thrillme
06-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I hadn't seen this show till this weekend. A friend of mine's hubby and son were volunteered and they both hammed it up.

I saw pretty much the whole show on video. WOW...if somebody saw something vulgar all I can say is that I believe their MINDS ran away with them.

JANNINO
06-25-2007, 03:27 PM
We were at HDDR on June 15th and the only "sexual vulgarity" was when Six Bits (a male character) made some jokes at the expense of one of the female characters. The jokes are harmless all good clean fun and not in the least bit worth being called "sexual vulgarity". My 7 and 9 year olds had a great time and we'll definately go again in the future. If fact, I cannot remember the last time my 9 year old laughed so much. You should keep your reservations and after the show you'll want to make repeat reservations.

CU Tiger
06-26-2007, 07:15 PM
HDDR is our favorite show :number1: and very PC. I give Disney credit that all there shows are G-rated and keep with what you would expect at a DW show. Do not cancel and enjoy a great outing. :mickey:

Clotho
06-26-2007, 07:42 PM
I would be curious to hear in what waysomeone found it vulgar. Can you list some things you read, or link to where you read it? I wonder what I missed...

We loved HDD...it was one the highlights of our trip, without a doubt. Good, clean, family-friendly fun, and very very fun for allll ages. We are two thirty-somethings and we had a blast!

moe513
06-27-2007, 09:41 PM
I dont remember anything vulgar at all.

ImagiAsh
06-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Definitely a family-friendly show!:mickey:

jszczur5
07-03-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty square too, and I have no recollection of anything lewd or vulgar in HDDR. We went last fall with our two pre-teen sons, and have ADR's for this fall again. Trust me, if there were anything rude or vulgar, my boys would have picked up on it immediately and repeated it ad nauseum for days.
Go ahead and book your dinner show. The music, humour, good fun, and great food are worth every bit of the 2 dining credits used.

crazypoohbear
07-03-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty not square and I have been known to throw out some sexual innuendos myself;)
but I would not in the least characterize HDDR as vulgar or crude. My son's went last year and thought it was funny, corny and dated but funny