PDA

View Full Version : December travel

alilprincessmom
06-23-2007, 01:56 PM
So, we are thinking about going to DL in December, specifically December 7 for 4 nights. My first question is for anyone who may have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn, and has been to WDW. Would you compare the Candy Cane Inn to a moderate or above or below? Also, does DL have a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party each year? Any answers would be greatly appreciated, I am sure I will have more questions as well.

tinkwest
06-23-2007, 07:03 PM
... does DL have a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party each year? ...

No Very Merry Christmas Party. Still, a very festive feel throughout the Resort during this time of the year (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=108257).

tdhiatt
06-24-2007, 11:05 PM
:mickey:
We like to stay at the Best Western Park place inn. Its directly accross the street from the park. You do not have to wait for a trolly. Also free breakfast. Also first 2 weeks of Dec. is one of the best times to visit. Its beautiful and the crowds are still low. Plus the fireworks go all month.

alilprincessmom
06-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Thank you for your responses! I am busy planning this trip, but no final reservations yet, because we weren't sure where to stay!

kindredspirit
08-01-2007, 05:12 PM
:mickey:Hello,

I have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn two times during late September and been very pleased with room, rate, service, breakfast etc. I have also stayed 2 times in WDW. Once in mid September at the Polynesian and once at the Port Orleans. The Candy Cane would be most like the Orleans as far as room size etc. However, you can't really compare anything else to an on-site Disney hotel!

Disneydynomite
08-03-2007, 02:23 PM
We are planning to go Saturday Dec 15 through Monday the 17th. Is this a good time as well? We usually stay at the Park Place Inn across the walk way. Always easy access and there is a McDonald's, Mimi's, Tony Romas, IHop, Denny's all within walking. (note: IHop is double the price than our IHop at home.)

We stayed at Candy Cane Inn once, really liked it, but you have to walk farther to get to the parks.

Marilyn Michetti
09-25-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm following this thread with real interest. We just made reservations for Candy Cane this morning. I've never been to DLR before, so I have no idea what I'm doing. A previous post, (somewhere), said Candy Cane was only 250 yards away. It looks pretty online.:mickey:

tovin
09-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Candy Cane Inn is a really great looking hotel, but it's NOT "onsite" as far as the feel of the place (of course, I say the same about DLH...sorry!). It is well kept, with nice staff and very, VERY close to the front gates. It's a really nice choice for anyone who's wanting to be close to the action!

It's also a great time to visit the parks, so everyone enjoy!

=)

T

WDWizard
09-26-2007, 08:05 PM
After the official Disney resorts, the Candy Cane Inn is probably the best place to stay in the area. Free shuttle to the parks, breakfast, and internet is included and the rooms are very clean. It's also a very nice inn with great landscaping everywhere. We were in awe with this motel, it was much better than our last stay at the All Star Movies (WDW value resort).

The CCI is actually located next to the Tower of Terror at DCA, and its just a short walk down the street from the front gates if you miss the shuttle.

:thumbsup: