PDA

View Full Version : Best place to watch the fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom from outside the park?

Alpha Jeanie
06-23-2007, 01:44 AM
Where is the best place to watch a fireworks show that is going on inside the Magic Kingdom if you are outside the main gates of the park?

I have heard that California Grill is the best, but where can you STAND outside of the gates & have the best view?

For instance, if we are at Disney World during the MNSSHP or during a Christmas event, but do not have tickets for the actual event, is it possible to still have a good view of the fireworks portion of the event?

Thanks for any info.:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
06-23-2007, 06:20 AM
You can't stay in MK for the fireworks if you don't have a ticket for MVMCP, but you can see them from the concourse at the Contemporary. The California Grill is a much better option, as they darken the restaurant, and bring in the music,but you can't go up to the 15th floor without a reservation. You can also see, (and hear) the program at O'hana's at the Polynesian. You can see, (without sound), from the beach at Poly.:(

GAN
06-23-2007, 07:20 AM
You can also see, (and hear) the program at O'hana's at the Polynesian. You can see, (without sound), from the beach at Poly.:(

When we stayed at POLY 2 years ago, we had sound while watching from the beach. Just wondering if that changed. But outside of CG, the POLY beach would be the best location.

crazykids
06-23-2007, 08:10 AM
If you time it right, another way is to hop on the ferry at the TTC right before they start. We did this one night & it was beautiful!

wilshade
06-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Right outside the entrance near the boat ramps. Decent view. You dont need a ticket to stand there and as soon as the last sparkle falls from the sky, you can beat feet to the busses.

Polynesian Dweller
06-23-2007, 01:43 PM
If you stand around the dock and volcano pool area of the Poly you can get the sound. You also get a dandy view from Narcoosees at GF and near the Wedding Chapel.

snifflesmcg
06-23-2007, 02:39 PM
You can't stay in MK for the fireworks if you don't have a ticket for MVMCP, but you can see them from the concourse at the Contemporary. The California Grill is a much better option, as they darken the restaurant, and bring in the music,but you can't go up to the 15th floor without a reservation. You can also see, (and hear) the program at O'hana's at the Polynesian. You can see, (without sound), from the beach at Poly.:(

Thanks for the tip!!!:thumbsup: As soon as I read your post, I called and managed to get ADR for Ohanas for 9:00 pm for the first night of MNSSHP:).

RescueRanger23
06-23-2007, 03:00 PM
I love watching fireworks on the beach at Poly, but the absolute best is in the pool because they pipe in the sound underwater:number1:

TammiMcMan
06-24-2007, 05:26 PM
4th floor of the CR is a great spot, as is the Poly beach and the marina at the GF.

If you have dinner reservations, then Narcoossee's at the GF is nice, even if you don't have a window table. There's a balcony around the restaurant which dinner patrons can stand on and watch the fireworks and EWP.

Others have mentioned the Contemporary Grill, which also offers an observation deck if you don't have a window seat. The view is pretty high up, but it's amazing.

I'm not sure about O'Hana's. I don't think they have an observation deck, so you may be dependent on whether or not a window table is available. I've never eaten there though, so perhaps someone can clarify. Snifflesmcg, Hallowishes starts at 9:30, so having a 9pm ADR won't give you much of an opportunity to "wait" for a window table or to eat and head down to the beach for viewing if you are seated further back in the restaurant. Like I said though, maybe someone can clarify the seating options.

Mickey91
06-24-2007, 07:22 PM
I like the beach at the Poly!:fworks:

Narawen
06-24-2007, 07:28 PM
The beach at the Poly is a good place. You can't hear the music as well, but you can see all the fireworks eacept the "low" ones. We watched wishes form there last oct, so we could do the rides when during the fireworks when we were at MK.

ibrowse17
06-24-2007, 11:02 PM
We had a great view from our table at Narcoossee's. There were also a lot of people watching from the deck and boat dock right outside. The music was piped in, so we had a nice time. :thumbsup: