PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite things to do in each country in the World Showcase at Epcot?

Alpha Jeanie
06-22-2007, 09:19 PM
What are your favorite attractions or thing to see or do in each country in the World Showcase at Epcot?

Here's my list:

Mexico: Margaritas & Mariachi's and shopping in the little Mexican shops in the pyramid.

Norway: Malestrom & trying on Viking hats in the gift shop!!

China: We didn't get to spend much time here so I don't have a favorite.

Germany: Beer & oomppa music!

Italy: For a moment it feels like I'm really in St. Mark's Square in Venice.

The American Adventure: Makes me feel proud to be an American. Listening to concerts in the American Gardens Theatre & taking a refresher course in our history.

Japan: The Tin Toy Museum and Miyuki, the lady who shapes candy into animals for the kids!

Morocco: Baklava ,Jasmine & Aladin!

France: My all time favorite country in the World Showcase. I love Impressions de France and the gardens are beautiful.

United Kingdom: The Toy Soldier toy shop is so cute. They have lots of great Winnie the Pooh items.

Canada: Le Cellier, enough said!!

There is so much to see and do around the World, it's fun discovering new things each time you go to the World Showcase. Wish I was there right now!:mickey:

cubbie
06-22-2007, 10:09 PM
I would say my favorite thing in every country is talking with the CM. It's great to hear their stories and learn about where they are from.

EvilQueen2006
06-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Mexico: Margaritas, shopping and El Rio de Tempo (haven't seen the new ride yet)

Norway: Malestrom, Viking Coffee and schoolbread

China: the acrobats and the lucky cats you can buy there.

Germany: BEER!!!

Italy: Wine and Cannoli.

America: The fife and drum corp

Japan: sushi, plum wine, and pearls. Oh I almost forgot about the drummers!

Morocco: belly dancers!!

France: pastries and wine

United Kingdom: beer, fish and chips, the ouside seating area is my favorite place to rest in Epcot.

Canada: I love the real Canada, I don't think there is enough in Epcot's version to keep my interest. i like to buy Canadian flag souveniers here though.

RockChalkKimball
06-23-2007, 12:14 AM
One year when we visited, my DD made it her goal to get a piece of candy from each country. I was fun finding the spot in each country that had candy. It was also interesting to read the ingredients and find out the strange things some countries used in their candy. This was a really fun way to keep the magic alive when we returned home. Now, when we go back, we know which kinds we like and want to buy again.

auntfrannie
06-23-2007, 06:27 AM
SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeaky Mouse
06-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Eat!!!:thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
06-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Let me try this again. I posted my answer, and forgot to sign in. I'm house-sitting for DD, and using her computer.:mad:

O.K.

Canada - Every year I buy a leather bracelet from the kiosk by Le Cellier - you know, where they stamp your name on it. I always ask for K.Y.B.M.S. Any guesses? It stands for Keep YourBig Mouth Shut - a reminder from me, to me.

United Kingdom - Teas at the Tea Shop, and stuffed toys.

France - The acrobats. No food or shopping - it's too expensive.

Moracco - Trying to find fault (no luck), with the belly dancer's body.:blush:

Japan - Sitting by the Koi ponds, and listening to the drums.

American Pavilion - DEFINATELY, listening to the Voices of Liberty.

Italy - Hmmmmmmm.....with a name like Michetti, you'd think I could come up with SOMETHING!

Germany - The dolls. I make them, so can't buy any. DH says, "make them, or buy them, but not both". Also the trains.

China - Shopping for silk fans and umbrella's

Norway - One schoolbread per trip, and one bottle of Leila perfume.

Mexico - Silver jewelry for DD.

Did I miss any?:)

Mary Poppins fan
06-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Last year we took pictures of the kids with each country's traditional hats/head gear. My favorite was the Viking helmet! :D

SBETigg
06-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Mexico- dining by the the river of time (mango margarita a must!)

Norway- Looking at the trolls, bought one for Mom-in-law once-- uncanny resemblance. :blush:

China- Walking around the garden.

Germany- wine-tasting for adults, gummi candy for the teens.

Italy- wine tasting

American Pavilion- What? There's an American Pavilion?

Japan- Looking at the view across the lagoon

Morocco- Grabbing a snack at the Tangierine Cafe

France- Wine tasting

UK- Sitting in the beer garden with a brew or two during Illuminations.

Canada- O Canada, we always walk right by and barely stop but next trip, Le Cellier.

Tinkerbell627
06-23-2007, 06:11 PM
I love World Showcase. :cloud9:

Mexico: Eating a churro while waiting for Illuminations

Norway: Kringles :tasty:

China: I love looking at all of the silk in the shops, and there are some really tiny frogs by the pond that get onto the sidewalk by the smoking area and they're really fun to watch.

Germany: We don't spend a lot of time in Germany but I've always wanted to try one of their pretzels.

Italy: Italy is so pretty, I just like walking around. And the perfume shop smells so wonderful!

American Pavillion: Gotta go with the American Adventure. Can't miss it.

Japan: Listening to the drummers.

Morocco: Mo'Rockin' most definitely. My favorite performers in WS.

France: I love taking pictures of France. There are so many pretty things and opprotunities for pics there.

United Kingdom: This is a tough one because I love the UK so much. The fish n' chips stand is my favorite place for some lunch. I love the British Invasion and the World Showcase Players, and the gardens are so pretty. And my great uncle Leon is the piano player at the Rose n' Crown Pub. (Be sure to say hi to Leon Gregory next time you're there!)

Canada: Le Celliar is brilliant and I also really enjoy Off Kilter as well.

Hull-onian
06-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Eat amd drink!:marg::beer:

mainemajor
06-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Canada - Off Kilter
United Kingdom - Fish & Chips
France - The chair climbing guy
Morocco - The music and arcutecture
Japan - The drummers
USA - The different acts at the stage
Italy - used to be the living statues, but last year they told me they no longer had them:(
Germany - beer:beer:
China - acrobats
Norway - Malestrom
Mexico - Often there is a woman painting figures in the lobby - what an artist:number1:
The Outpost - watching children playing the drums

All around world showcase at each country it is great listening to the music and talking with the CM's about their native land.

It's also nice to do wine tasting throughout the WS. :wine:

llamaface
06-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Eat :eat: ! That would be why I always come back from vacation with an extra 5 lbs!!

darthmacho
06-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Canada: Browsing in the Northwest themed store, strolling through the flower garden, and hanging out by the watefall.

United Kingdom: Shopping for tea, browsing in the other shops, and meeting Pooh and his friends in their "thotful spot." :pooh:

France: Wine, pastry, and Belle.

Morocco: Exploring the architecturally (is that even a word?) exotic ediface, and enjoying good food, music and belly dancers at the restaurant. Jasmine.

Japan: Browsing the store, and the drummers. Sushi sounds good, but haven't tried it yet.

American Adventure: The show is good and the patriotism is through the roof.

Italy: Sadly, just enjoying the architecture, and the mimes.

Germany: The toy store, the Christmas store, and slap dancing. Okay, maybe not the slap dancing. Snow White.

China: The architecture, and browsing the shop. Chinese food!

Norway: Browsing the shops with trolls and Chrismas decor. Maelstrom, Akershus, and best of all, the Norwegian girls!

Mexico: Saving the best for last, El Rio Del Tiempo, shopping in the indoor market, the architecture both inside and out, the mariachi music, the aztec performers, the Three Caballeros, mole chicken and dos equis beer at San Angel Inn, and the best of all the Mexican girls in their costumes! Can you tell Mexico is my favorite? :sombrero:

emmingo
06-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Canada: Le Cellier, no question, especially the creme brulee!

United Kingdom: Shopping for all of the authentic Scottish stuff, the toy store, and the Monty Python-y comedy troupe that performs there.

France: The pastry (and eating it in the gardens between France and the UK)

Morocco: The silver jewelry in the store.

Japan: The store...in addition to a Disney obsession, I'm a Hello Kitty lover, and they have soooo much adorable stuff there (and those socks that split between the big and second toe so that you can wear them with sandals). :D

American Adventure: Just the sense of patriotism, its really uplifting.

Italy: Not sure here, really. We don't stop--when you're all Italian, nothing can really match the food at home...

Germany: I love the Christmas store and the crystal store. I never leave without an ornament

China: The architecture! Its so beautiful.

Norway: Maelstrom and the coffee.

Mexico: I love the inside of the pyramid and the hand-painted stuff they have at some of the kiosks....and the margaritas!:marg:

mickey-mouse35
06-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Mexico- dining outside before Illuminations; mariachis inside and glass shop

Norway- Maelstrom and bakery; talking with the CMs (love their accents)

China- gardens, pogoda, acrobats, film

Germany- trains and music and shops

Italy- don't remember much about this one

American Pavilion- drum and fife, Voices of Liberty

Japan- browsing in shopping "mall" and food; drums

Morocco- belly dancers

France- film and browsing, not buying, in shops

UK- tea shop and gardens

Canada- film, gardens, waterfall, bagpipes, Off Kilter--I love Canada!

devoted93
06-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Mexico: Go on the ride (though I'm disappointed that it's changed now) and walk around briefly, joking around with some of the hats.

Norway: Maelstrom/"Spirit of Norway" and Stave Church. Look at the heavy wool sweaters and try to remember that it's actually cold somewhere because it's so amazingly hot where we are at the time.

China: 360 Movie, the museum (I loved the miniature warrior exhibit I saw last September), watch the little pre-show performance before the movie, and eat at the fast food restaurant (the fried rice is great!).

Germany: Buy some candy and look at the Christmas tree covered in pickle ornaments, joking "There it is!"

Italy: Walk around briefly, realize there's nothing really good here, leave. Oh, stop in one of the stores, remember that they cut down a little on their candy selection, and THEN leave.

The American Adventure: Go to the show, try to stay awake, take a short nap anyway. End up using the restroom there.

Japan: Wander around, look at the toy exhibit, make a couple of "Hello Kitty" jokes, and buy some candy.

Morocco: Take a look at the cool little room on the left side, take quick look at the stores. Look at our watches and say "It's 4:30 already?"

France: Watch the movie (my favorite!) and grab a quick pastry to hold us over until dinner.

United Kingdom: Walk through the stores a little, marvel at how the entire country seems to be intricately related to all things Beatles.

Canada: Watch "O Canada" then spend the rest of the day/night annoying my traveling companions by randomly singing "Canada...my Canada..."

So, as you can see that for me, World Showcase is primarily about movies and candy. Not unlike my local cineplex.

larandtra
06-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Mexico- Drink a Margarita and look through the shops in the Pyramid.

Norway- Have a beer and ride Maelstrom

China- I stroll through it a bit, but, not too much.

Germany- Look at Cuckoo Clocks, and by now I should be ready for another beer.

Italy- If there is some music going on, watch it, finish my beer from germany and grab a glass of wine.

American Adventure- See the show and look through the shop.

Japan- Thirsty again. Need some saki or a beer and look through the toys.

Morocco- Really not much than a quick peek at the shops.

France- Pastry store and a should have finished my beer from Japan, so have a quick cup of coffee.

UK- Time for a black and tan and then walk through the stores. Look at the swords and smell the different scents and perfumes.

Canada- Catch Off Kilter if they are playing ...Oh and grab a beer.

I believe in drinking my way around the world.

BritCody
06-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Take pictures in front of the countries main photo spots and then of course sample the different foods.

LibertyTreeGal
06-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Two things above all -- food and architecture!

Mexico - virgin margaritas and nachos
Norway -- Schoolbread and drooling over those beautiful sweaters
China -- acrobats!
Germany -- the chicken dance and the bear shop
The Outpost -- watching the man there carve things, he is very nice
Italy - living statues, but they aren't there anymore :(
American Adventure -- I love the Georgian architecture, and the show, and the singers!
Japan -- the toy museum
Morocco - the intricate tile work
France -- pastries and the balloon performer
UK -- the atmosphere
Canada -- Le Cellier

wilshade
06-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Canada - Off Kilter!

UK - British Invasion

France - The CMs in the shops . . and the pastries!

Morroco - Jasmine!

Japan - Teppanyaki

American Adventure - Fife & Drum Corps, funnel cakes!

Italy - The CMs in the shops

Germany - BEER!

China - The acrobats

Norway - Kringles

Mexico - San Angel

Crow
06-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Mexico-frozen:marg: used to b my fav drink.
the atmosphere inside the pavilion. the CMs, El Rio/Gran Cabelleros boat
Norway-:beer: Viking Coffee,schoolbread,Maelstrom. CM
China-tea stand,CMs, gift shop, Reflections,acrobats
Italy. used to b living statues
Germany :beer:
America-AA
Japan-my fav,sake CMs, the store, the lounge, watching Illuminations from the balcony, the drummers
Morocco-Mo Rockin
France-Kir Royal, wine, CM
England :beer:
Canada Le Cellier

Japangurlangel
05-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Canada - Off Kilter and Aero bars!!

UK - The Soccer store and Fish and Chips.

France - Pastries and the Perfum shop.

Morroco - The Baazar

Japan - All of it!! I love shopping for anime items and getting pearls!!!!!:cloud9:

American Adventure - Funnel cakes and shopping in the store.

Italy - Dessert!!!

Germany - Pretzels and Perfum.

China - The acrobats, movie, bubble tea, and the store.

Norway - Malstrom and the trolls!!!:cloud9:

Mexico - El Rio De Tempo and the glass and jewelry store.

ransam
05-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Mexico: i really like the ride. It's really a nice relaxing ride.

Norway: Breakfast w/ the princesses.

China: i like watching the show they have out front. the acrobaticx.

Germany: when i go w/ my brother and he speaks bad german, i like to hear him try to speak w/ them. it's' funny.....they love it!

Italy: the mime/juggler

The American Adventure: I love the showcase.

Japan: I love that show!!!!

Morocco: They have an awesome resturant. It is the best service of DIsney....and that is saying a lot.

France: Walking through the gardens.

United Kingdom: The beatles!!

Canada: again,i'd have to say the show. I love their show.

Fastpasssteve
05-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Mexico - I have a new favotite here. I love the Tequilla bar and all their marguerita's in exciting, exotic flavors...I also could watch the glass artist for hours.

Norway - I love posing with the giant carved troll where they sell the hats with horns.

China - I once heard costumed ladies playing Kyoto's. It was beautiful.

Germany - I love looking at the Chrismas ornaments and getting my favorite candy in the world: Mozart kuegeln. Delicious!

Italy - I love the Peach Bellini drink they sell in the beverage kiosk.

American Adventure - Funnel Cake w/ powdered sugar!

Japan - I love to watch the women open the oysters with the pearls in them. I know each oyster is X-rayed to ensure there's a pearl in each one of them, but I still find it incredibly exciting, anyway.

Morocco - I love the lamb with couscous at the restaurant with the musicians and belly dancer!

France - The Bakery...specifically the pithiviers...a pastry filled with almond paste. I fantasize about these.

United Kingdom - I love the tea shop and the Beatles tribute band. They are really good.

Canada - Le Cellier and totem pole.

thejens
05-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Mexico - we are often starved when we hit Mexico and dine on the patio, I like the ambiance inside and the crafts (they are a LOT cheaper in Mexico, though, so no shopping)

Norway - school bread and posing in the viking hats with braids

China - hmm...don't remember China very well

Germany - the kids love the trains

Italy - kind of vague in my memory also, pretty courtyard

American Adventure - Like the strolling singers, is that voices of America?

Japan - The most interesting shopping of all. Love the pearl oysters excitement.

Morocco - So beautiful here and the counter service food is great!

France - Another beautiful place. Somehow captures France.

United Kingdom - Love the characters here and it does feel like England. We always dine at Rose and Crown and spend a lot of time here.

Canada - Le Cellier of course, but the landscaping is incredible. I love to wander around in Canada.

My kids love the Kim Possible adventures and coloring their masks.

Georgesgirl1
05-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Mexico: It used to be El Rio Del Tiempo :-(

Norway: Maelstrom and school bread

China: the acrobats

Germany: Biergarten and the toy shop

Italy: i don't really spend much time in Italy, so I'm not sure, maybe the mask shop

The American Adventure: Voices of Liberty!

Japan: Miyuki and the drummers

Morocco: Tangerine Cafe and the little museum they have

France: eating pastries

United Kingdom: Beer sampler at the Rose and Crown

Canada: looking at the beautiful landscaping

MushuGrl
05-23-2010, 01:29 AM
This makes me miss WS so bad!

Mexico: Listening to the marachi players

Norway: Malestrom (and the annual telling of the story of my niece's first trip in which she screamed "WE'RE GONNA DIE!" as the boat nears the waterfall. It's legendary.)

China: MANGO. GREEN. TEA. SLUSH. OMG it's insane.

Germany: Pretzels

Italy: Shopping, looking at the masks

The American Adventure: Bacon double cheeseburgers (I know I can get that anywhere but that's about the point I get really hungry and they're so good!)

Japan: The pearls in the oyster

Morocco: Looking at the outfits, wishing I was brave enough to wear one.

France: BAKERY BAKERY BAKERY! And Belle and the Beast.

United Kingdom: I always have fun looking for Beatles stuff for my boss here.

Canada: Off Kilter

PopeCharming
05-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Great question!

Canada- Off Kilter!
UK- Having a glass of Strongbow and watching the British Invasion.
France- Impressions de France film-- my favorite film presentation in WDW.
Morocco- the bazaars- it has the best shopping.
Japan- eating a Japanese curry at the counter-service or enjoying a meal at Teppan Edo.
American Adventure- Voices of Liberty
Italy- Street entertainment
Germany- hm..i probably spend the least time here...
China- occassionally you have musicians perform in the movie theatre lobby...they are all teriffic.
Norway- Maelstrom, and its super-80s film afterwards
Mexico- El Rio de Tiempo

TheDuckRocks
05-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Canada - Off Kilter!

UK - Sitting in the gardens.

France - It's all about the food - Chef de France and the pastries!

Morroco - This pavilion for me feels more like I'm NOT in Florida than any of the others.

Japan - The gardens and Kaki Gori.

American Pavilion - The tear inducing show.

Italy - The Venetian masks I've started to collect and Tutto Italia.

Germany - The glass Christmas ornaments and apple strudel.

China - The detail of the buildings and garden.

Norway - The sweet pretzel with almonds.

Mexico - The complete feel of the building from the view of the exterior to the village at night feel inside.

And the best of all for me is when you first get an unobstrusted view of the World, across the lake, as you come from Future World.

OnceUponADream93
05-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Mexico: San Angel Inn! The corny boat ride is pretty great, and so are the nachos! :D

Norway: Malestrom... I wasn't a fan of it as a kid, but now the nostalgia of it is nice. :)

China: It's just pretty... There's not much that I like there...

Germany: Oktoberfest is SO YUMMY! :chef:

Italy: Once again, it's just really pretty. VERY authentic.

The American Adventure: I LOVE American Adventure... The gift shop and the feel of it all, is SO wonderful. I'm a history buff, so a lot of the American History facts that you find in that store are pretty neat. :flag:

Japan: Odd enough, the smell of Japan is really distinct. And I kinda like it. :cloud9:

Morocco: The little hena shops!

France: The chocolate crepes. Enough said.

United Kingdom: Rose & Crown pub, and the shops! Little Miss Giggles books and all!

Canada: Le Cellier, chalk another one up!

LandFan
05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
[B]Canada: Le Cellier and Off Kilter

UK: The British Invasion, Yorkshire fish & chips

France: the architechture, grand marnier slushies:thumbsup:

Morocco: shopping - (this is the only pavillion that I always find something decorative that I can't live without in!) and the Tangerine Cafe

Japan: Getting a pearl, watching Miyuki and eating a kaki gori or plum wine :wine:from the kiosk!

America: The American Adventure and the little exhibits they tend to have inside the pavilion. They can be really interesting!

Italy: I'll be honest - not much for me here besides the architecture and the occasional street performers...

Germany: The gluehwein :wine:at Christmas and the architecture

China: those acrobats :D, they are amazing! I also like the tea kiosk and the architecture but not the movie - circlevision shows make me want to:sick:!

Norway:I really like their seafood chowder/sandwich and rice cream (maiden's veil or something) combo lunch meal! I get it every time with the roast beef sandwich. I LOVE Malestrom. I remember the year it opened and no one knew it existed yet so there were NO lines and we rode it like 100 times:D I also like trying on the viking helmets with DH.

Mexico: El Rio, of course, and :marg: and lunch at the Cantina. DH likes to do the sticks there (devil sticks or something) he used to manage a toy store so he is quite good with them:D

Ugghhh. I really want to be in Norway right now.

jenperich
05-24-2010, 01:03 PM
What are your favorite attractions or thing to see or do in each country in the World Showcase at Epcot?

Mexico: Gran Fiesta Tour!! And now...San Angel Inn.

Norway: Malestrom & the cute Norwegian boys :-)

China: Shopping and walking around the garden in front.

Germany:Beer & Sommerfest!

Italy:Well...we got engaged in Epcot's Italy, and took our honeymoon in the real Italy. So, it's our favorite country to sit and dine in.

The American Adventure: An American Adventure...and the Sam Adams Beer Tasting(during F&W Festival)

Japan: Mitsukoshi Department Store

Morocco: Walking around the country and seeing the architecture and shops

France: The gardens are just beautiful! Oh, and Boulangerie Patisserie

United Kingdom: The gardens, Rose & Crown, and the Tea Caddy!

Canada: The waterfall in the back and of course...Le Cellier!

Ooohhh...we just love World Showcase! :mickey:

Soph and Han's Mom
05-24-2010, 02:04 PM
ok, upon reading this post i am painfully aware that i'm not drinking enough while enjoying world showcase!!

i'll need to work on that in 21 days:marg:

Pagan
05-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Mexico - Taking a picture with DW wearing the big sombrero.

Norway - The Stave Church, the Maelstrom, and a pastry!

China - Reflections of China, Si Xian, the acrobats

Germany - Bratwurst for lunch, the cuckoo clocks, the Biergarten

Italy - don't do much there, which is odd seeing as I'm Italian.

American Pavilion - Voices of Liberty, The American Adventure

Japan - SUSHI!

Morocco - Mo' Rockin' and the shops.

France - Impressions de France, pastries.

UK - The British Invasion, DW loves the tea shop.

Canada - O Canada, looking at all the hockey jerseys in the shop, when the guys in Off Kilter see me and flash the "metal horns". LOL

Bethanymouse
05-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Good Thread! Here are our favorites

Mexico: Margaritas and seeing that handsome duck dressed up in a sombrero!:donald:

Norway: Malestrom and School bread!

China: Love the ginger ice cream and the beautiful koi pond

Germany: Great shops! Love the Christmas shop! DH enjoys a nice cold beer here.

Italy: Beautiful square, shops, and yummy gelato!

The American Adventure: LOVE the American Adventure!

Japan: Miyuki! Teppan Edo and all the great shops!

Morocco: Love the music and feel of being in a village.

France: Wine slushies!

United Kingdom: Great stores- especially the tea shop! Also love that phone booth. DH loves the fish and chips.

Canada: Le Cellier- need I say more?

kemps@wdw
05-26-2010, 09:54 PM
:eat:, :beer:, :rocker:, :D

mjm12000
05-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Mexico: Taking the boat ride and checking out the shops

Norway: Malestrom

China: The shops and watching the lady that plays the Zong or what ever that instrument is called she is magical

Germany: Beer

Italy: checking out the latest Pucci design for their perfume bottles ( I love a pucci print)

The American Adventure: Listening to the singers in the rotunda and eating funnel cakes, it makes me wish I was an American everytime.

Japan: The Drummers and the store

Morocco: I never get tired of meandering through the tiled rooms

France: Sipping a Kir Royal while watching the world go by sitting at the little tables along the water

United Kingdom: I always seem to have to have a washroom break here... strange that is all I can say I do everytime at this pavilion

Canada: Le Cellier, as a Canadian chatting with the cast members about where they are from and comparing stories.