PDA

View Full Version : Dictionary Update 6/22

chrisb26
06-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Well VMK just took out a word that was worse then taking out the periods. We can no longer say cheese. :(

Now what are we going to call our favorite Cheese Cat? :(

Chescat
06-22-2007, 07:54 PM
What! :fit::angry::fit::angry:

I guess we have to thank all those people out there that stole her title and used it for their own purposes. :mad:

janmathatter
06-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I am at a loss for words. Well I have a few choice words, but I will not use them in mixed company. I am going into a deep depression now at the loss of my identity. A moment of silence please for the loss of Cheese. And you can't call me cat because Cat is Cat, and I was ... well... cheese

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

trackbarroness
06-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh my stars that's so not fair cheese cat. :shake::crying::crying:

LittleDragonErin
06-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Too many people were using it as "cheese.us".

Luckily, we can still say "cheesy".

RenDuran
06-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Poor Mom....she called here bawling her little cheese eyes out! :(

Chescat
06-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Poor Mom....she called here bawling her little cheese eyes out! :(
Me too! :cry::cry::sob:

We just need to make sure she doesn't change her description. She still has the one and only cheese in it. She should be able to keep that I hope. :cry:

Nachocat you are the original Cat and should be titled Cat. We are the guard cats of VMK. Heck look at all the fans and dinos we have!

janmathatter
06-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Too many people were using it as "cheese.us".

Luckily, we can still say "cheesy".

No one better call me cheesy, I repeat No one call me cheesy!!!

WDWfanatic742
06-22-2007, 10:33 PM

Good thing I saw your post then cat :D

Chescat
06-23-2007, 01:20 AM
Nobody better call her cheesy or her guard cat will get you! Cheese is not Cheezy that's an insult to her and she doesn't want to be called that!

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-23-2007, 10:26 AM

How can I resist calling you that now?;)

My condolences on your title.:(

mickeynuts
06-23-2007, 01:05 PM
What! :fit::angry::fit::angry:

I guess we have to thank all those people out there that stole her title and used it for their own purposes. :mad:

What? :confused:

I do agree that this was a silly change to the dictionary, if it's the cheese.us reason, won't people just say shes.us? Sorry about the loss Cheese Cat, I'm sure it was not anything personal against you.
:) Laura

janmathatter
06-23-2007, 02:47 PM
How can I resist calling you that now?;)

My condolences on your title.:(

With every ounce of strength that your tiny VMK person can muster if you value your life :thedolls:

RicksCafe
06-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Ah... :plot:

First, I left Nachocat out of my will...

Now, by my request, VMK has taken away her most prized possession...

My evil plan is coming together nicely... :stir:

muahaha... Muahaha...MUAHAHA!! :thedolls:

Ricks (who wonders where he put that "laser")

janmathatter
06-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I suggest you start watching that cute little backside of yours you like to show off.

:thedolls::thedolls::thedolls::thedolls::thedolls:

Nachocat (formerly known as the kind and lovable Cheese, who now will take no prisoners, including Tricks who left me nothing in his will, and by his own admission is plotting evil toward me..whew)

wizardmickey
06-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Waitta cotton pickin' pickled peppered brick bustin' burger flippin' pizza tossin' hornswogglin' minute here!!! No cheese? Has somebody lost their (blankity blank) mind?!?
I suggest a petition... and until then, maybe we should come up with a more appropriate nick? Maybe green flips or something?

LittleDragonErin
06-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Hmm..so the tally for lost nicknames...

JP - gone
Drag/Drags - gone
Pick - gone
Cheese - gone

I feel like I'm missing 2 more...

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Oh this is terrible. It's really getting ridiculous now. First the period, now cheese? Hopefully the ban won't last long, like the period did. How can we say Cheese's title or "I like cheese?"

Patricia
06-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh great.. VMK cut the cheese?
That stinks.

(I take the easy ones)

I think I have always called you cat anyway, so I won't need too much adjusting. I'm very glad I read not to call you cheesy. :blush: Although I will be calling Cita's Croc that.

Blue Genie
06-25-2007, 01:25 AM
I just found this out tonight when I was trying to call cheese. VMK is getting out of hand here. There is nothing wrong with this name. If they want to take out words or names then why don't they take out people that use real names in there title. (Sorry about that Tear and Dragon.) But lately I've been seening alot of character in VMK with real names. I though we can't say peoples real names in the game.

terri.m
06-25-2007, 01:38 AM
I know what you mean Genie. I'm thinking of changing mine if at all possible...

Cheese, you will always be cheese to us. I'm sure we will come up with a good name for you until vmk brings cheese back.

Patricia
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Your right Genie. When I signed up on the first day of beta I was unable to use Patricia but the nick-name patti worked just fine. Although I've never use patti in real life :nope:, I thought it would be easier for intercotees to recognize me if I used a derivative of my name here.

chrisb26
06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I really couldn't agree more Genie. I don't know at times how character titles get approved with the peoples real titles in there. My mom made a character titled KimB and that was approved :confused:. I was shocked when she said she made that tile I told there is no way that would be approved yet it was. Then the go and take words that have no reason being removed and take them away. I have no idea why Cheese was removed. If Erin is correct and it was because of Cheese.us then like Cita said they will just say she.us so are they going to remove she next? If they do then they will just think of something else to say. People will always find a way to dictionary dance and if they take more words out soon we wont be able to say a thing because they will have taken so much out because people can say things they are not supposed to. Maybe they should focus on tracking down the people that put words together that are not approiate in VMK insted of taking out words that mean no harm. Maybe they are just messing with us and next week Cheese will retrun just like the Period returned after about a week.

RenDuran
06-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh great.. VMK cut the cheese?
That stinks.

:rotfl:

Chescat
06-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Hmm..so the tally for lost nicknames...

JP - gone
Drag/Drags - gone
Pick - gone
Cheese - gone

I feel like I'm missing 2 more...
figgie - gone (that was early on though)

varcity
06-25-2007, 05:59 PM
I'll just title her bay be.. :cloud9:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Genie's post kind of brought up a point. Why take out cheese when there's still real-life names like Troy and Gabriella? :confused:

terri.m
06-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Genie's post kind of brought up a point. Why take out cheese when there's still real-life names like Troy and Gabriella? :confused:

and Taylor...

janmathatter
06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Ok ppl, I did a little digging on maybe why cheese was removed from VMK dictionary. Turns out cheese is a new kiddie drug. Google it you'll see that it's a serious threat.

Tinkerbell627
06-25-2007, 08:59 PM
^ Yes, unfortunately "cheese" is the name of that latest drug. It's a combination of perscription medication and (I think) cocaine. Not 100% sure.

Sorry about your loss, Cheese. We'll figure out something!

wizardmickey
06-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Y'know, that reason never crossed my mind. Even though I work at a psyche facility, we treat dual diagnosis admissions, meaning psychotics & substance abusers. I also have some background I'd rather not divulge here, but...
Both the words "Cheese" and "Ice" (as well as many other VMK words) are terms sometimes used for Heroin:

Cheese has a few meanings; "Macoroni & Cheese means a $5 pack of marijuana and a dime bag of cocaine" or, in it's new form, "Heroin mixed with Tylenol PM".

Ice is often defined as "Cocaine; crack cocaine; smokable methamphetamine;
methamphetamine; methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA); or phencyclidine (PCP)".

Some other common VMK names/words then that are drug references? Base, Blizzard, Bricks, Bump, Candy, Dragon (also White Dragon), Dream, Freeze, Girl (also Boy-Girl), He-She (also She), Her, Jam, Lady, Mix, Monkey, Nose, Rocks, Snow White, Soda, Star... and the list goes on.
The names in bold are names of some of our little community. So the question is then, where does the line get drawn? Some people are using their actual names or forms of them in their titles (a breach of VMK's own sharing of information policy?) and others have these drug terms in their names (as well as words we all use daily such as He/She/Her/Girl and even SNOW WHITE!) Where does the line get drawn? How many other seemingly innocuous words will we lose because of what amounts to selective censorship?

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Oh my... No wonder they're taking it out. But in the previous posts it looks like they're using it as "cheese.us". Do they use it in the context of drugs/medicine?

wizardmickey
06-26-2007, 01:06 AM
mickeytinkerbellprincess Oh my... No wonder they're taking it out. But in the previous posts it looks like they're using it as "cheese.us". Do they use it in the context of drugs/medicine?
Would it matter what context it is being used in or for? After tonight, VMK just doesn't make sense...

PinkJJ
06-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Haha Ice! Do you know their chemical make up too? ;)

Only kidding.

wizardmickey
06-26-2007, 11:39 PM
PinkJJ: Haha Ice! Do you know their chemical make up too?
Sorry, failed chemistry. Not for trying though..
Considering all of the drugs we work around (mostly psychotropics & antipsychotics) you'd think I'd really pay attention, but since I can't prescribe 'em, why learn all of 'em?

bigpapiortiz34
06-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Wow, one of the most common words I hear in VMK just, POOF! GONE! I just wish VMK gave some sort of explanation of WHY they take out the word cheese, or heck, any other word that they extract from the VMK vocab. Sometimes I just don't know what they are thinking when it comes the the dictionary!

Sorry about the loss of the word, Cheese :(

trackbarroness
07-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Was there a Staff member called/titled cheese? :confused: That we weren't aware of?
I hope they don't make me change my name/title I have grown use to being titled Disney or Dream, Dreaming, Dreamer. I miss being able to say flight.
Now when I try to tell people on VMK to "sit back relax and enjoy your flight. It sort of looks weird when you have to say/type "fly it. You know what I mean?