PDA

View Full Version : 1408 movie

murphy1
06-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Anyone going to see it? I saw previews the other day and I really like Cusack, not a huge horror fan, but suspense I do like and he said it was like The Shining, which is a great movie.

ChipnDaleGal
06-22-2007, 04:25 PM
We hope to see it this weekend. Love John Cusack and love Stephen King. :thumbsup:

murphy1
06-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Let me know how you like it! I don't get out to see grown up movies these days, so I would love to know it worth the time.

BriarRose0708
06-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Read the short story a few years ago and loved it, even though I'm not a Stephen King fan. I seem to like his short stories better than novels. Even if I hated the story I'd still go because I love John Cusack. In any case, I'm going tonight and I'll post a few reactions tomorrow.

GreenBeetle
06-22-2007, 05:17 PM
I love John Cusack too - but unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch any horror movies since Silence of the Lambs. That one ruined me forever! :scared::scared::scared:

BriarRose0708
06-22-2007, 09:13 PM
:thumbsup:

Excellent, excellent, excellent! It stayed true to the story in every way, and the additional plot points were welcomed and made sense in the grand scheme of the story. It was funny, too, believe it or not, in that macabre cynical way Stephen King can only do well. John's character has a lot of great one-liners, my favorite being his response to the question "where can I find the most haunted place on Earth?' he says "Haunted Mansion, Orlando" with spot on dead pan delivery. Definately worth the price of a ticket, and it makes a great date movie.

ChipnDaleGal
06-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I saw this Saturday with my 16 year old daughter and two of her friends. We all liked it a lot. This is the kind of scary movie that I like - lots of tension but not a lot of guts and gore. Plus John Cusack looked great and almost the entire movie is just him alone in that scary room.

murphy1
06-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the reviews, I'd hoped you all would be over here to give 'em! Sounds great, I was hoping it would be like you said Donna, no gore, more tension. Cusack is one of the best actors out there now.

Babyboo875
07-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I saw it the day it opened, I'm a huge horror,suspense and thriller fan and an even bigger fan of Stephen King, he's a genius. I as excepted loved the movie but i am bias (there's only one Stephen King movie I didn't like). And yes alot of tension, barely any blood. Cusack did good and even though Cusack was the main star I believe Sam did great also. I'd say see it in theaters or on dvd late at night in the dark. (Best way to watch Stevie).
:)

Mickey052501
07-07-2007, 10:42 PM
My DH and I saw it on 4th of July. We really loved it. It was good and I thought scary along the same lines as The Shining!

Jen:hide2:

TigChatt
07-08-2007, 08:14 AM
I saw it the day it opened, I'm a huge horror,suspense and thriller fan and an even bigger fan of Stephen King, he's a genius. I as excepted loved the movie but i am bias (there's only one Stephen King movie I didn't like). And yes alot of tension, barely any blood. Cusack did good and even though Cusack was the main star I believe Sam did great also. I'd say see it in theaters or on dvd late at night in the dark. (Best way to watch Stevie).
:)

Now you got my curious, which one didnt you like?

I have 1408, but I havent read it yet. I'm going to read it before I see the movie. I also am a huge fan of Stevie too. I just havent had time to catch up on his new stuff.

bleukarma
11-12-2007, 12:58 PM
I rented this movie last night. I'm a big chicken when it comes to scary movies but I love John Cusack so I decided to go for it. What a good thriller!! It doesn't have a lot of gore and was entertaining to watch, if anything just to see what happens next. It had me on the edge of my seat until the end. And John looked really good in it! He really showed how great his acting abilities are in this movie.

I do think Samuel L. Jackson would've had me convinced to not go in that room though! He did a good job of trying to pursued him to not go in!

murphy1
11-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks, Amber! I saw the DVD coming out, I'll have to rent it, I never got to see it in the theater.

Ian
11-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Let me know how you like it! I don't get out to see grown up movies these days, so I would love to know it worth the time.Ha ha ... I hear ya. DW and I were talking just the other night about how all the recent movies we've seen have been preceded either by a Pixar or Disney logo!

:thumbsup:Excellent, excellent, excellent! It stayed true to the story in every way, and the additional plot points were welcomed and made sense in the grand scheme of the story.I find that this is when movie adaptations of King books do the best. If you think about it, the best King films (Stand By Me, Misery, Shawshank) have all stayed very true to the original stories.

I saw it the day it opened, I'm a huge horror,suspense and thriller fan and an even bigger fan of Stephen King, he's a genius. I as excepted loved the movie but i am bias (there's only one Stephen King movie I didn't like).Really?? I've never heard any Stephen King fan say that ... I've thought the majority of movies made from his books have been terrible. There's maybe been a handful that have done justice to the novels (mostly just the ones I mentioned above). The rest have been (IMO) varying degrees of mediocre to terrible.

I am looking forward to The Mist, though. That looks like it's going to be a good one!

Anyway, I want to see this movie at some point. I really enjoyed the short story and can see how it would make a smooth transition to the big screen.

murphy1
11-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Ha ha ... I hear ya. DW and I were talking just the other night about how all the recent movies we've seen have been preceded either by a Pixar or Disney logo!

LOL Ian, I forgot to put that!! I think we'll probably be going to see Enchanted next!

Crystal Palace
11-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I have this movie coming next from Netflix. I hope it doesn't have a lot of gore. I hate gore!

BriarRose0708
11-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I have this movie coming next from Netflix. I hope it doesn't have a lot of gore. I hate gore!

There's no gore and little blood, but lots of spooks and things to make you jump!