PDA

View Full Version : You know you are a MK Junkie when...

KellAnneL
06-22-2007, 04:10 PM
You visit another theme park and it stinks because it just doesn't have the magic of Disney.:mad:

My sister and I visited Kings Island in Cincinnati, OH yesterday, and although we love to ride, it stunk.:ack: The rides were very bumpy and I have several deep bruises on my arms and shoulders. The shops were filled with junk (the same stuff in all stores...)and the food was even worse! Needless to say, I longed for a Dole Whip and a MIckey Ice Cream.

We had fun just being together, but it made me long for the World even more! Only 77 days 19 hours....:cloud9:

Goes4FastPass
06-22-2007, 04:21 PM
...Kings Island's Beast they would have to put up FastPass machines for it.

Meanwhile, you know you're an MK junkie when a simple Pineapple Smoothie (aka Dole Whip) makes you swoon and start making yuuuumy and cloud nine smilies...

You know you're an MK junkie if rice crispie treats and icecream bars become "to die for" because they're Mickey shaped.

Tink-N-Me
06-22-2007, 04:31 PM
When your vacation is 14 days away and scheduled for another park in Orlando (my kids' choice, not mine) and you spend hours on Intercot dreaming you were going to DISNEY instead!:confused:

berri_boo
06-22-2007, 04:33 PM
I had the same experience when I went to Great Escape in Lake George, NY (we only live about 1hr45mins away).

My brother & I LOVE thrill rides....and after being there last July and going to Great Escape in Sept....it just wasn't the same anymore. You have such high expectations now....and you really notice the level of service, the shape of how the rides are kept up & the cleanliness.

My parents are surprising my brother who just returned home from Iraq with a trip to WDW for a week so he'll finally know what I was talking about!

Disdad13
06-22-2007, 04:51 PM
You have such high expectations now....and you really notice the level of service, the shape of how the rides are kept up & the cleanliness.

We had a similar experience last summer when we took a family trip to Six Flags St. Louis.The rides were fine, but the characters outfits were frayed and dirty, we went to a show that was worse than a high school production (there were also only about 10 people in the audience), and their daily parade consisted of exactly 3 replica Modle T's in which all of the characters sat and waved - the last car which had a large "boom box" strapped to the back that provided the music for the parade. It was sad and pathetic. Made us appreciate Disney all the more!

grumpycajun
06-22-2007, 04:55 PM
When you start your conversations with, "Hi, My name is (fill in your name here) and I love the MK".:D

DisneyFreak23
06-22-2007, 05:05 PM
When someone says 'Disney' and the first thing you think of is Splash Mountain:mickey:

ryca1dreams
06-22-2007, 05:15 PM
...people in my other office come up to me and say, "Hey I'm thinking of taking a trip to Disney World. I hear you know a lot about it."

Lauretta
06-22-2007, 05:56 PM
When your vacation is 14 days away and scheduled for another park in Orlando (my kids' choice, not mine) and you spend hours on Intercot dreaming you were going to DISNEY instead!:confused:

I would never allow my kids to make such a decision!!!:drama: I simply couldn't survive knowing I was so close but couldn't be at WDW!!!! :rant:

laward32
06-22-2007, 06:32 PM
When you talk about it everyday and drive your husband crazy. You are on Intercot every day, every chance you have and have Live365 going with Disney music instead of watching tv. :mickey:

CU Tiger
06-22-2007, 08:45 PM
When someone just mentions that they are going to DW and an hour later :whisper:you are just getting to the point of explaining what a hidden Mickey is. Generally, my DW has to pull me away from a DW conversation:blush:. I guess I go overboard in wanting to share all the magic there is to see. :mickey:

Natazu
06-22-2007, 10:00 PM
...when you dot the three "i"s in your last name with a Mickey Icon.

Dawnya
06-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I agree with disdad on the Six Flags St. Louis thing. I was REALLY disappointed too. We just got back from Silver Dollar City, Branson MO and I have to say that I really miss Disney even more. The people running the rides were terrible, the trams to the parking lot were short handed, and all around the park just lacked a LOT! We have missed WDW the last 2 years and wont be able to go til next year (hopefully!!). To get my fix, I listen to Live365, log on to Intercot, google WDW photos that other people submit and You Tube other peoples WDW vacation videos.

laward32
06-23-2007, 01:15 PM
To get my fix, I listen to Live365, log on to Intercot, google WDW photos that other people submit and You Tube other peoples WDW vacation videos.[/quote]

I'm glad to know I am not the only one who does all the things above. My next stop after Intercot today was YouTube!!! Can't get enough Disney.:mickey:

Donald A
06-23-2007, 03:07 PM
You visit another theme park and it stinks because it just doesn't have the magic of Disney.:mad:

My sister and I visited Kings Island in Cincinnati, OH yesterday, and although we love to ride, it stunk.:ack: The rides were very bumpy and I have several deep bruises on my arms and shoulders. The shops were filled with junk (the same stuff in all stores...)and the food was even worse! Needless to say, I longed for a Dole Whip and a MIckey Ice Cream.

We had fun just being together, but it made me long for the World even more! Only 77 days 19 hours....:cloud9:

My wife and I went to King's Island last summer. I know exactly what you mean. We ended up leaving the park after about 4 rides and going down the street to see a movie.

jedi jen
06-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I think I am a junkie too. I took DD and DS to Disney World last summer. After 9 nights, we did not want to leave. No surprise to you guys I bet. Friends and family looked at me funny at first, thinking it was a long time. I think they were interested to see how it was when we returned home. Well, we were beaming. Now, they seem to accept it. We are doing the same thing this summer.

We went to San Diego in the spring. It was not the same. We went to the zoo, Legoland, SeaWorld. All were fine and we had a good time. We liked Legoland, but I kept finding myself comparing it to WDW, and it came up short.

Well, we are going back to WDW this summer. No more substitutions. I think it is going to be a longtime tradition for us. Glad to have Intercot around between trips. :clappy::fworks:

LoriMistress
06-23-2007, 04:03 PM
You know you're a Disney Junkie when you come to these sites on a daily basis (even if you're not planning) to discuss WDW.

LovinWDW
06-23-2007, 04:29 PM
...when you visit Intercot several times a day
...when you have the disney ride music CD in the car
...when you are planning a trip 365 a year
...when you 5 year old knows her way around all 4 parks without any help.

Mickey91
06-29-2007, 09:53 AM
...when you count down your trip by drawing Mickey ears over each day

...when you go no where without your Passporter and a Birnbaums, just in case you'll have time to glance at them

...your car is all Disney, including the CD playing inside

...your friends and family need not ask what you want for Christmas or birthday, anything with Mickey will be great!:mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
06-29-2007, 10:16 AM
:mickey: HA HA! I know the feeling. My sister had a business trip in Orlando earlier this month. My one daughter likes Universal. We already are going to Disney in September, so I agreed to take her and take advantage of the free room my sister had near Universal. It was soooooo hard knowing Disney was so close. The last day of my sister's conference, they offered Disney tickets for a discounted rate. She insisted we go to the Magic Kingdom for a day, so at least I got my "FIX" until September! :D

faberj
06-29-2007, 11:44 AM
...when you visit Intercot several times everyday.

...when you drive your husband nuts talking about a wdw trip that is 17 months away.

...when you here anyone say the word Disney and your ears perk up.

BMan62
06-29-2007, 11:50 AM
...when you take DW to WDW for Valentine's Day week, but are bummed when you can't talk into another trip in September to take advantage of the FDP!!!!

MindyMouse
06-29-2007, 12:44 PM
...when you take DW to WDW for Valentine's Day week, but are bummed when you can't talk into another trip in September to take advantage of the FDP!!!!

hey BMan . . . I'm in Mechanicsburg. you can take me!!

You know you're a MK junkie when lie in bed and try to visualize yourself walking down Main Street!

Roo Girl
06-29-2007, 02:02 PM
DH and I were at Hershey Park this past weekend and while it was a perfectly lovely day in a great theme park, it wasn't WDW. And the worst part is that once you've experienced WDW (once, twice, fifty times) you are ruined for other theme parks- you just can't enjoy it the way regular people can! Everything is under scrutiny ("disney wouldn't do that.") but it just reinforces why we're DVC owners and why we spend our precious vacation time & bucks on the magic that is WDW. There is NO other.

Spacegirl
06-29-2007, 02:09 PM
When I refuse to go to Florida unless I go to Disney. Like another person said " I just cannot be that close without going"

Also, when I go online and fine some Disney music and then find a picture that matches so I feel like I am there.

BD
06-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Even at 50 years old, and fifth visit in 30 years, you still start to over plan the next trip which is 6 and half months away.

To all the people that were skeptical of Universal, we did just Universal only last January since we only had 2 days in Orlando and didn't miss Disney too much. I figured that 2 days would not be enough of a Disney fix so cold-turkey it was.
BD

Goes4FastPass
06-29-2007, 02:19 PM
You know you're an MK junkie when you feel the need to "defend" Disney World against other theme parks.

When I ride Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point I don't spend the time thinking, "I wish I were riding BTMRR"

When I ride Spider Man at Universal I of A I don't spend the time thinking, "I wish I were at ITTBabug"

We love going to WDW but it hasn't ruined us for other places.

dog-ears
06-29-2007, 02:26 PM
........when the regular Crocs weren't good enough, you had to have the Mickey ones :mickey:

Juniorunc2001
06-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I agree w/ everyone - going to Orlando and not going to WDW is unacceptable!
We tried Universal - went for 3 hrs, and went back to the MK for the rest of the day.
Not even in the same ballpark!

princessimagineer
06-29-2007, 02:41 PM
you know your a Disney-aholic when...

~when youve made a disney website your homepage (like intercot!)

~when people talk about the time they went to Italy or Japan and you go off on the time you were there when realy, you were just at its representation in WS

~when you find people asking you "when are you going someplace else"

~when your mom doesnt let you go to Six Flags because Disney is soo much better, but when you tell your friends who invited you to Six Flags thats the reason, they all look at you like you have 3 heads.... and then you picture those 3 heads stacked on eachother in the shape of a hidden mickey......

~when you find yourself puting hidden mickeys all over your room

~when your dreams include disney...

~when you break out into singing a disney song... of course you kno all the words

~when you find yourself watching the disney channel even though you are too old for those shows, you still enjoy the little DISNEY365 commercials with Sterling going down Summit Plummit

~When just EVERYTHING reminds you of disney. EVERYTHING. and i mean EVERYTHING

...no of course ive experienced none of these :blush: :mickey:

McGoofy
06-29-2007, 03:03 PM
I am a theme park snob. I have no desire to go anywhere but Disney because nothing else compares.

We are Disney junkies too. I know this because...

~I cut my little boy's PB&J sandwiches into circles that form a Mickey head.

~I have a kitchen cabinet full of Disney World "china." You know...the kid's black plastic divided plates that Disney kid's meals come on, plastic kid's cups from various Disney dining establishments, Disney resort mugs, plastic popcorn buckets, etc...

~The decorative toiletries that sit out in my bathroom are the black, red, and white Mickey shampoo, lotion, soaps, etc. from Disney resorts.

~We look for hidden Mickey formations in the clouds in the sky.

~Just today I didn't clock out of work at my normal time because the oncoming nurse that I was giving report to showed up in a new Disney scrub top. This, of course, sparked at 20 minute conversation about Disney.

~Friends come to my DH and I (as though we are Disney travel agents) to plan thier Disney days when they go on vacation to Disney.

~When DH has talked about possibly moving, I go to AAA to see how far new location is from Disney.

~I have already thought of how my now 9 year old son can propose to his future wife (who also will be a Disney fan) one day. (Refer to thread "Ideas/experiences of romantic marriage proposals?" in Theme park section on Intercot.)

~I check Intercot often. (Refer to thread "Who's at Work?" in the "Water Cooler " section of Intercot.)

There's so many more! That's just for starters. :D

ghost999
06-29-2007, 03:37 PM
now true story it is, we were going to a movie and one of my mom's friends came up to our family and asked us for tips of how to do disney.:mickey:

DisneyPrincess812
07-01-2007, 01:04 AM
when you listen to Disney World soundtracks and watch your disney home videos on a daily basis and sit there hysterically crying like a crazy person! (true story!) and beg your friends and family to go with you to WDW AGAIN every time the idea of taking a vacation somewhere comes up...even if you were just there 7 months ago.

BMan62
07-01-2007, 07:33 AM
hey BMan . . . I'm in Mechanicsburg. you can take me!!

If you can fit in my suitcase!! :blush:

Can't seem to get into a conversation without finding ways to mention something Disney World related!

cgriff
07-01-2007, 09:21 AM
You know you're a MK junkie when you're walking through a "spook house" at a kid's PTA school carnival and hoping to see a ghostly bride with a pulsating red heart round the next corner!!!

DisneyJunkie
07-01-2007, 10:48 AM
* You check Intercot's "News & Rumors" section daily for anything new going on in WDW.

* You take a little "time out" each day to imagine you're on a particular WDW ride, and it seems to get you through the day.

* You start your "next Disney trip countdown" moments after planning for your next year's trip (whether over 15 months away or not).

dolphinmickey9170
07-01-2007, 12:34 PM
"Hi, My name is Kristen and I love the MK".:D

When you talk about it everyday and drive your husband crazy. You are on Intercot every day, every chance you have and have Live365 going with Disney music instead of watching tv. :mickey:
I know how you feel, I think my family could just beat me, with pixie dust, though:blush:.

TheMartellFamily
07-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Um I got a tatoo with SE mickey ears on my ankle. My cell phone has a picture of Cinderellas castle on it. I listen to Live 365 intercot radio while on the computer. I love look at intercot several times a day to see if I can add anything important to the next new post. People will tell people that tell others anything you need to know about your vacation to WDW go ask the Martell Family. As soon as we come back from vaccation we are planning the next one(AUG 2008 thank you very much.) I look at dining at resturants on site to see if the menus have changed weekly. The last but not least, I have the 1800 # for WDW reservations saved on my cell phone list to call whenever I need to ask a quesiton. Hi we are the Martell Family and we ARE WDW addicts. Boy, we got that secret out:secret:, we feel so much better!

MindyMouse
07-02-2007, 07:33 AM
DH and I were at Hershey Park this past weekend and while it was a perfectly lovely day in a great theme park, it wasn't WDW. And the worst part is that once you've experienced WDW (once, twice, fifty times) you are ruined for other theme parks- you just can't enjoy it the way regular people can! Everything is under scrutiny ("disney wouldn't do that.") but it just reinforces why we're DVC owners and why we spend our precious vacation time & bucks on the magic that is WDW. There is NO other.

You are absolutely right! We're close to hershey and i take DS there every other week. I have that exact problems. I walk around and compare. It's just not Disney!

Kairi_7378
07-02-2007, 08:45 AM
I come to this site on a regular basis. It's the excitement on these boards that made me want to go back in October.
MIL has now turned to me for advice on trip planning for some Israeli "first timers."
It hasn't tainted my view of other parks though. Each place is special for different reasons.

pook@wdw
07-02-2007, 09:18 AM
...when you think about going back every day. When other people call DH to get info & planning help on their upcoming trip. When you have Radio Disney and Orlando traffic/weather preset on your XM, Live 365 on your computer, and all the "Official WDW cds in your car. When you still watch the WDW dvd numerous times, even though your not going back THIS year :( And when you check Intercot daily to see what other junkies are doing!!!:thumbsup: