PDA

View Full Version : Need a Little Pixie Dust For My Puppy

MMouse6937
06-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Just having some stress about my puppy who just went to the vet to have her teeth cleaned and her dew claws removed. She was so sad this morning because she was hungry and thirsty and I couldn't give her anything. She gives me this "why are you doing this to me?" look and breaks my heart. :( I haven't heard from the doctor yet, and I know she'll be ok, but I'm just worried and needed to tell someone. Thanks for listening :dog:

krose78
06-22-2007, 01:48 PM
I know how you feel. Yesterday my puppy went to get neutered and have dew claws removed. He came home and was still so drugged up it was sad. But this morning he was running around like a mad man.

Here is some pixie dust for your puppy. :tink::pixie::pixie:

Belle619
06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Your poor little puppy - I'm sure everything will be fine. I completely understand your pain though, when they give you that sad look it is just heart breaking. :pixie:

disneydrmr
06-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Awww... poor puppy! Here's some dust that all will be well :pixie::pixie:

DizneyRox
06-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Just watch the licking on those dew claws... They can lick through the stitches in no time... It's so much easier when they do that when they're born instead of a surgery later in life...

ChipnDaleGal
06-22-2007, 02:47 PM
I know just how you feel. I always get myself worked up when one of my cats or dogs needs to go into the vet for a procedure of some kind. The good thing is that puppies bounce back so quick. I am sure he will be his happy and energetic self again in no time. But I know you won't feel better until you have him back home. Hope he starts feeling better right away. :pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
06-22-2007, 05:25 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way for your puppy and you.:dog::wave:

Dsnygirl
06-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Sending some belated :dog: :pixie: :pixie: for your puppy... I'm sure she'll forget the whole thing, once she's home with you again!! :)

mtown71
06-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Hope it all went well for your puppy! Let us know! Pixie dust on the way for your little baby!

MMouse6937
06-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Thank you SO much for all of your wonderful words. Scooter is doing just great. She has been so good about the bandages on her feet, she is healing really well. I had them shave her fur because she won't let me brush her (I think someone in her previous "life" used to beat her with a brush). She looks SO cute. I can't believe how small she is under all that hair :D She seems so happy without all that hot hair on her.

Thanks again for all your kind words, you guys are the best! :hug:

Namine'
06-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I know how you feel I have a little dog myself.Here is a little more:pixie:

MsMin
06-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Sending :pixie: for Scooter and her adjustments to her happy new home. I'm glad you had her dew claws removed, it's so much harder when they are older but can cause pain and difficulties later if not removed.
I'm glad you got her shaved. Does she have an undercoat? You can retrain her with a brush but it takes time and since she is shaved it's a good time to do it. Just start with letting her smell the brush while on your lap and slowly add a few strokes each day. We end our brushing with a treat and praise. Our little Max was afraid of the brush and we know he was never beat with one. Max used to shake when he saw the brush. Now he has a beautiful coat and he still growls under his breath like a grumbling old man when he sees the brush. It's not a threatening growl just a complaining one that makes us laugh every time we brush him.
Scooter may have had someone yanking on her hair with one and it does take patience. She may like a little more fur in winter. My mom used to shave her dogs every spring. Our dogs don't store fat under their skin or have an undercoat, so their coats help to protect them in winter.
If you have any questions on grooming I'd be glad to try to help. :paw: