PDA

View Full Version : Good Line Etiquette Karma

milhouse
06-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Last May, Me, DS(7) and DD(5) were heading to BTM at 8:30pm for a last ride. We didn't have FP and the standby line was 15 min so we headed in. But as we approached the entrance a big party was also approaching with a few of their party jogging ahead. The three joggers got in ahead of us.

So it was the joggers, then us, then the rest of the party snaking through the empty lines. At every chance, the ones in front would shout back to the others, making it clear that they were together.

Now the polite thing for them to do would be to let the three of us go in front. But they obvoiously were not going to do this. So about half way through I had had enough so I let the 5 people behind us go in front of us.

When we got up to the front of the ramp where they take the FPs, the CM asked the group which was now ahead of us where their group ended. After they were through he opened up the FP line and we were the first ones down throught the empty line.We walked right on to the next train. The look on their faces as we raced by was priceless.

Just one of those chuckle moments.

TiggerRPh
06-22-2007, 12:04 PM
:thumbsup:

That's a great story...thanks for sharing it.

DNS
06-22-2007, 12:24 PM
I had to chuckle at this as well. Lack of common sense manners just amazes me.

merlinmagic4
06-22-2007, 01:00 PM
The same thing happened to us on the Safari! We were in line and this couple got in between our party of 5 in the beginning when the walkways are rather wide. They weren't going to budge so I let them go ahead. Then a CM answered a phone by a side entrance, asked how many in our party, and led us straight to a safari car. It was awesome and I fully believe it is karma :thumbsup: It's much easier to be nice and often pays off ;)

mainemajor
06-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Sometimes good things happen to people that deserve them:thumbsup: I bet that made the ride even more special:mickey:

DisneyFreak23
06-25-2007, 09:11 PM
That is pretty funny!:D

:stitch:

MickeysEars
06-25-2007, 10:41 PM
It is hard to keep your mouth shut, but aI tyr to remember where I am. It is not worth ruining your vacation over rude people.

Old School Mouse Ears
06-26-2007, 12:05 AM
i think its best to take the high road with such people in line.not worth getting upset over rude actions ..and as you see you are rewarded:D

snifflesmcg
06-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Finally! A story where the "cutters" didnt' get thru.:D I have had many people snake in front of me and for some reason, I let it happen (but not without a comment under my breath hoping they hear it).

ghost999
06-26-2007, 09:19 PM
both on everest and space my family let some people go ahead of us and when we got up there, we somehow got to go on before them. yes they were the type to get in line by rushing everyone but when it was on everest they got put in the middle while we got to go in the front car ahead of EVERYONE else.:mickey:

Mickey91
06-26-2007, 11:08 PM
That's the kind of story to give you warm fuzzies all day!:funny:

indytraveler
06-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Hooray for Karma! I always want to hear about the "good guys" prevailing. That sort of thing happens alot more than it should. But manners would dictate that the smaller party be allowed to go thru. I guess I'm not in the minority after all. Thanks fellow Intercotees.

merlinmagic4
06-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Hooray for Karma! I always want to hear about the "good guys" prevailing. That sort of thing happens alot more than it should. But manners would dictate that the smaller party be allowed to go thru. I guess I'm not in the minority after all. Thanks fellow Intercotees.

Well, I'm glad I used my manners and let the couple that got in between my party go ahead but they DID start out behind us so I'm not sure why manners would dictate they go first :confused:

TBY2225
06-27-2007, 10:19 AM
I had a similar issue at Peter Pan's flight. I have decided from now on to let my DD then age 4 do the talking. She is still so innocent and made the comment " Mommy I am acting bigger than those big kids, they can't wait like I can so is that why they are breaking in line ?" I just smiled as a party of 8 teenages got really quiet and acted nervous the rest of the wait!

DizNee143
06-27-2007, 10:37 AM
I had a similar issue at Peter Pan's flight. I have decided from now on to let my DD then age 4 do the talking. She is still so innocent and made the comment " Mommy I am acting bigger than those big kids, they can't wait like I can so is that why they are breaking in line ?" I just smiled as a party of 8 teenages got really quiet and acted nervous the rest of the wait!

haha..that is great...sometimes kids jsut know how to say what we are thinking but in a better way!! lol..:thumbsup:

Jared
06-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Keep posting these great stories. Somehow I don't remember ever experiencing line cutters at any attraction. Maybe I've just been lucky.

GrmGrninGost
06-27-2007, 10:56 AM
I just love a happy ending!:mickey:

grumpycajun
06-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Perfect!:mickey:

ISLE39
06-28-2007, 08:10 PM
i rememeber last year i was on line at the bakery in norway and the line was long and outside and all of a sudden this guy came out of nowhere and cut in front of the waman in front of me who was with her disabled child in a special wheelchair not the rentable ones. i looked at the woman and said is he with u bc the guy was just generally rude. so me being the nyer with the big mouth said excuse me the line begins back here his response was well im in a rush or something smart at least the rest of the line knew he didnt belong where he was and he rushed out as quick as he could get to the cash register which he also ran ahead when he got his dessert. we got to enjoy the sights a bit longer while this guy got to be embarrassed in front of all these people.