PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Redoing Adventure Land

Septbride2002
06-22-2007, 11:10 AM
I was reading on another site that there is some discussion going on about possibly revampin Adventure Land into "Pirate Land." To capitalize on the franchise of Pirates. They would take out the Swiss family tree house, redo the tiki room (again). Perhaps a resturant, rollercoaster, and redo Jungle Cruise with a pirate theme. OH and the Magic Carpets would be history.

I'm all for this. To me Adventure Land is just okay. I don't like the Magic Carpets, and I've never enjoyed Jungle Cruise. The tiki room is okay if you want to get out of the hot son, and we've done the Swiss family treehouse once in the last 4 trips. In fact we've only done Jungle Cruise once in the last 4 trips. The only reason we even head into Adventure Land is to ride Pirates, and to get a dole whip.

Thoughts? Feelings?

~Amanda

TexasPrincessAurora
06-22-2007, 11:22 AM
IMHO, this would not be a good decision...it's capitalizing on a fad that won't last. While it probably wouldn't hurt to update Adventureland some to make it all about Pirates would be sad. Plus some of the things now that younger kids like would be lost. My little one doesn't care for Pirates yet, but enjoys other things there. I can't imagine them getting rid of JC or ETK...even though the WDW version is such a letdown from the original (that's still at DL).

TiggerRPh
06-22-2007, 11:39 AM
It might not be a bad idea....I'm not sure the hodgepodge theme of Adventureland they have now is really working.

Ian
06-22-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm okay with it, if it's done well.

I mean let's face it ... ever since they plopped that horrid Aladdin "attraction" in the middle of Adventureland and messed up half the theming, Adventureland has been a shadow of its former self.

If they ripped that Aladdin mess out, opened the area up to traffic flow again, installed coherent theming throughout, and added a quality new attraction or two how could that be bad?

Personally, I'd rip out the treehouse and add something good there. The abomination that is the Tiki Room Under New Management could be burned to the ground and I'd never miss it. Replace these two with upgrades and remove Aladdin. That's what I'd do.

DNS
06-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I love the Pirates ride and the movies, but I think it would be totally wrong to redo Adventureland. I simply cannot imagine that removing classics to make room more pirates would be a good business choice.

Septbride2002
06-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Ian I have to agree with you. To us Adventure land is just something to pass through on your way to splash. I would love for some new rides and new blood in the area.

~Amanda

Belle619
06-22-2007, 12:29 PM
I agree that Adventureland could use a redo - but to replace all existing rides/attractions with ones based solely upon Pirates doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Pirates is popular now, but there is already POTC and it may become over-kill to redo a whole land.

And there is themeing in other areas that doesn't revolve around one movie or animated feature and they work just as fine. I mean, look at Fantasyland - should they decide to remake Cinderella, I'd hate to have them tear out all the other rides and make it a Cinderellaland just to ride on the popularity at the time.

Like I said, a refurb of the area in general would be a good idea - and I think one is scheduled for JC soon anyway - but please not a Pirate only area.

cardshopgirl
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Although it is not my favorite area, I wouldn't change it all. I would definately update Jungle Cruise. I don't like the flying carpets, but they just spent money putting it in not that long ago. Would they really just rip it out? I thinkg their is some updating that needs done, but I don't think I would make it all pirate themed...

NewmanFamily6
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
My children are smaller so they have not seen any of the pirate movies. Last Dec though when the twins were only 3 their favorite ride was Pirates:mickey:Doing the whole area though may be overkill. The kids really enjoy Aladdin's carpets as well as the Jungle Cruise. It will still be WDW either way but I just do not think we should get rid of all the classics.

JPL
06-22-2007, 01:08 PM
I like Adventureland and would hate to see it turn into more pirates. I know there are plans to create a Pirates Character Meal and revamp the Jungle Cruise in the future. I say bring back the Original Tiki Room show and remove The Magic Carpets and all will be well with me. Hmm the studios doesn't have a hub n spoke ride they can move it there ;)

WED1901
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
There is nothing adventurous about the carpets. Although my DD and DS 4 – 8 love it. They never should of put the carpet ride there right in the middle of a path. To me it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I would not want JC scraped or the Tree House. To many memories there.

Figment78
06-22-2007, 01:31 PM
I personally like Adventureland just how it is! I love all the rides in it except Magic Carpets and that is just because we have no kids yet but I think they will enjoy it when we do have them.

I know most people don't like the new Tiki Room and if you had asked me about it two months ago, I would have agreed. But after visiting the original in DL in May, I have to say I prefer the new one in WDW now. Plus it's cool for the kids to be able to identify the movie characters in there.

The Jungle Cruise will always hold a special place in my heart because I think it was one of the very first rides we did on our first trip to WDW. And it was hilarious! Even now, I think it's more about reducing the noise of the boats so you can hear and getting good cast members - that would make it more fun.

I love POTC as much as anyone but hope it doesn't become a whole themed land.

jclightchasr
06-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Adventureland is personally my favorite place in all of WDW. That said, I would like the restaurant added and Alladin Removed. I would not like to see SFR Treehouse or Tiki Room removed. I don't like the Tiki Room update but its better than taking it out entirely. The one in DL seems to still be doing well I think they should bring WDW's Tiki Room back to its original glory. I wouldn't mind seeing some more pirate themeing even around the treehouse (hey there were pirates in that movie) and in the Jungle Cruise without totally changing the entire ride. I agree that the fad may wear off and really drastic changes could backfire.

Jasper
06-22-2007, 02:04 PM
My family would be very upset if they took out the Tikki Room!! Although we would like to see a return to its original version, the current one still retains enough of the original to make it fun! We also love the Jungle Cruise at now exists.

I think a general tieing together of the themes would be ok, but only if it is not too heavy handed.

FaithTrustPixieDust
06-22-2007, 02:06 PM
This is an interesting idea/rumor. I can see how they might want to find a theme and niche that appeals to young boys, as Fantasyland seems to be Princessville. I never saw the earlier version of the Tiki Room, but the current version gives me a migraine!

Another idea/rumor to entertain: Adding Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse to Toontown. My little ones would go bonkers!!!

Scar
06-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I don't think they would remove the Treehouse. Disney is supposed to be remaking the movie, and there are pirates in the movie. It also doesn't take up much space and only needs one CM to man it.

mel
06-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I kind of agree with the revamp as there is not alot to do in adventureland.. however, I dont think I could bear much change because it is a classic and some changes might hurt the classic feel....

ghost999
06-22-2007, 03:17 PM
i personally love adventure land and is one of my favorite lands:mickey:

Tink-N-Me
06-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Noooo! Why change it.

POTC - Awesome
Tiki Room - Corny, but a family favorite like COP. We sing the songs to put us in a Disney frame of mind (they aren't as annoying as IASW).
JC - Relaxing and entertaining.
Treehouse - Your workout for the day!
The Carpet Rides - short lines for the younger kids who like the Dumbo ride and whose parents don't want to wait in the ever enormously long Dumbo ride to get the standard DUMBO RIDE Photo of the kid!:mickey:

jenperich
06-25-2007, 07:06 PM
I would not like this idea at all. I seem to be one of the only people on Intercot that isn't totally into POTC. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the ride, but I never wanted to see the movie. Also, even though I'm 25 and have never seen Swiss Family Robinson, I love the treehouse!! I also love the Jungle Cruise the way it is. I would be heartbroken if either of these two attractions were taken out. They make Adverntureland what it is.

LoriMistress
06-25-2007, 07:19 PM
I heard this rumor on a WDW Inside the Magic podcast. Though, people always complain that whenever they add/change/close/etc. a new section of the park/ride/attraction/show/etc. that they absolutely hate it. Though, DLR they changed the lands throughout the park numerous times. Though, I don't think they should change the ENTIRE section of Aventureland and have it Prirate Island, but they should do one section of Adventureland and expand on a pirate themed section. Maybe some simular sets from POTC movies.

EvilQueen2006
06-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Adventureland is my favorite "land" at MK. I love Pirates, but I wouldn't want to see "Pirateland" Maybe a JC refurb could add a pirate scene, a restaurant would be nice, and a new rollercoaster anywhere would be great. I don't love Tiki Room or Swiss Family Treehouse, but I wouldn't want to see them go. I do like the Magic Carpets. For some reason they are my favorite of all the hub and spoke rides.

LudwigVonDrake
06-25-2007, 07:37 PM
NOT everything needs to be themed to Pirates. Leave it the way it is, thank you :mickey:

snifflesmcg
06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
I think Adventureland needs an update but I wouldn't retheme the whole thing for Pirates. As stated in an earlier post, this is a fad that will probably pass. I personally don't care for Swiss Familly treehouse and I might move Aladin's carpets to Fantasyland to make way for another attraction or two that are......well.....adventure like. They seem to have half a caribbean/tiki feel to that land, they should go with that.

aprilshowers93
07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Here is my idea for adventureland and an added land to the park, Pirateland. I think they should leave SFR tree house, Jungle Cruise, and the tiki room. Remove the flying carpets and open it up to traffic with a lot of trees and stuff where it used to be, an adventure type feel. Then put up a Pirateland sign up between the tiki room and POTC. On the other side of the railroad there are a bunch of behind the scenes buildings that they could move further to the left to make room for Pirateland to be an addition to the park. (You can look at the park from a bird's eye view using microsoft virtual earth. It's awesome) They would need a major E-ticket ride along with and explorable Black Pearl, and maybe a boat ride (inside or outside) that would go by Tia Delma's shack, Cannibal Island, Isla de Muerta (with the chest of aztec gold medallions). They could also make a ride off of those cage balls in dead man's chest. It would be amazing. They have already said they are making a tortuga themed restaurant in the old veranda restaurant in adventureland and I am pretty sure they ARE building a pirateland in Hong Kong Disneyland. I think it would never go out of style because even people in other generations who never saw the movie would still enjoy pirates or a pirate themed land. Walt created Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland, and it is still a beloved classic today.

SBETigg
07-16-2007, 10:58 PM
It's a baseless rumor, I think. They're making a Jungle Cruise movie next, so it seems outlandish to suggest they are anywhere near being rid of the ride. If they were going to do this, they would have done more to that effect by the release of the last film and back when they were redoing the ride.

Jared
07-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Adventureland serves no purpose for my family except Pirates of the Caribbean. The other attractions range from mediocre (Jungle Cruise) to embarrassing (The Enchanted Tiki Room).

Though I agree theming the entire area to Pirates of the Caribbean may not have staying power, that will not be a problem if the new overlay is done well. Right now, Adventureland has no coherent theme. Somehow, one small area is the jungle, Caribbean and Agrabah at the same time.

Spaceship Tigger
07-17-2007, 08:09 AM
POTC - Awesome
Tiki Room - Corny, but a family favorite like COP. We sing the songs to put us in a Disney frame of mind (they aren't as annoying as IASW).
JC - Relaxing and entertaining.
Treehouse - Your workout for the day!
The Carpet Rides - short lines for the younger kids who like the Dumbo ride and whose parents don't want to wait in the ever enormously long Dumbo ride to get the standard DUMBO RIDE Photo of the kid!:mickey:

I agree with most of this.

JC could stand an upgrade and the Treehouse could stand to be re-themed. I like the Carpets for the same reasons above and have never been offended by its presence like so many others.

A total change to pirates would be way overboard in my opinion...

BronxTigger
07-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Though I agree theming the entire area to Pirates of the Caribbean may not have staying power, that will not be a problem if the new overlay is done well. Right now, Adventureland has no coherent theme. Somehow, one small area is the jungle, Caribbean and Agrabah at the same time.

This was done intentionally. I have been reading the Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom, and it talks about the variety of theming in Adventureland. Here's what it says: (p. 38)
What Does "Adventure" Look Like?
Adventure is a very broad term that brings to mind a very broad range of ideas. For some, it can be a time, for others a place. For others still, it has to do with a spirit or a state of mind. ....
Since many disparate images come to mind when one hears the word Adventure, Adventureland intentionally plays on several of these themes and settings. There are the deep, dark jungles of Africa, the islands of the Caribbean Sea, the South Seas tropics, and an Arabian bazaar. It is the combination of all of these locales that creates an overall sense of adventure to serve as a backdrop for the stories we want to tell.

Kairi_7378
07-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Changing Adventureland to Pirate land and having a pirate theme would be like retheming Tomorrowland and making it Buzz Lightyear Land. I like that there are several small "adventures" in Adventureland, like a voyage with pirates, a cruise through the Jungle, or a magic carpet ride. I agree with the other posters that the Carpets are a little ut of place, but if they got rid of the carpets, the line for Dumbo would be even longer!

Flower
07-17-2007, 09:22 AM
I don't really see the point in changing the Jungle Cruise to a Pirates theme when they already have a pirate-based water rise. I would like to see JC updated though.

Swiss Family tree house has always been a relaxing thing to do, but I would not cry if they were to remove it.

I have never 'GOTTEN' Aladdin being dumped there. I do remember before the current ride there was a 'test' area for the virtual reality Aladdin game which I think was moved to Disney Quest. Maybe Disney felt that because the test area did so well they would dump the hub & spoke ride there. Let's face it, when they did the VR test, VR was new and EVERYONE wanted to try it, besides, who wouldn't want to say they did something new at WDW, I don't think the tests success had anything to do with Aladdin per say.

The tiki room - I cannot stand Gilbert Godfrey's voice and HATED the under new management version, but, I am reluctant to say that it is now kinda growing on me. I would welcome a revamp but would hate to see the show totally removed though.

avantgardeinker
07-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Okay... Has anyone seen The Swiss Family Robinson Movie? I love the movie and consequently, I love going up into the tree house to get up close and personal with one of the most enchanted parts of the movie.

I think if they did away with the Aladdin ride that would be wonderful. They should also turn the Tiki Room back into the original attraction and leave JC and PoTC as they are.

Watch the movie and then tell me if you still hate the treehouse. If you've seen the movie and you still hate the treehouse... How long has it been since you've seen it? Maybe you need to watch it again to appreciate the attraction. I don't understand everybody wanting to get rid of all the nostalgia at WDW. I understand progress and relevance, but sometimes you just like the classics too.

142 more days!! (and looking forward to taking DD (2) in the SFRTH!!)
:mickey:

Momof2boys
07-17-2007, 09:39 AM
I might be the only one on Intercot who hasn't seen POTC -- but my husband and boys love the movies -- so I wouldn't want to see a total re-theme.

However, I wouldn't shed a tear if the Treehouse was dismantled and never seen again.

beksy
07-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I agree that Adventureland could use some refurbishment (spruce up JC, that kind of thing) but I think redoing it with a pirate theme is a bad idea. I love POTC (we ride it over and over) but I think the pirates thing is just a fad so to do an entire land in it would be overkill and a waste in the long run. Maybe just freshen it up some without taking out the classics? :mickey:

Jared
07-17-2007, 10:48 AM
This was done intentionally.
Perhaps you are right, but Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama was intentionally designed to look like a cheap traveling carnival. Just because the Imagineers claim to have give Adventureland numerous theme on purpose does not mean it is a good idea.

mermaidmarian
07-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I think revamping Adventureland into Pirateland is an ill conceived plan with too limited a view of a broad theme. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse has just been refurb'd - it is, IMO, an important nod to the family films that created the Disney brand (I think of this in the same way I view Tom Sawyer's Island - I don't think Walt ever envisioned that Etickets and dark rides would dominate to the exclusion of other forms of fantasy based entertainment.

Jungle Cruise needs a major overhaul of its animatronics if it aspires to be anything more than a campy joke at this point.

I loved the original Enchanted Tiki Room and wish they would un-do the re-do.

While I don't like the flying carpets, I do like the idea of a "mysterious" bazaar where adventure and danger could be around any corner. I think this particular stretch of Adventureland is grossly underutilized.

I say BIG :thumbsup: to the pirate themed meal being added to Adventureland.

mermaidmarian
07-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Okay... Has anyone seen The Swiss Family Robinson Movie? I love the movie and consequently, I love going up into the tree house to get up close and personal with one of the most enchanted parts of the movie.

I think if they did away with the Aladdin ride that would be wonderful. They should also turn the Tiki Room back into the original attraction and leave JC and PoTC as they are.

Watch the movie and then tell me if you still hate the treehouse. If you've seen the movie and you still hate the treehouse... How long has it been since you've seen it? Maybe you need to watch it again to appreciate the attraction. I don't understand everybody wanting to get rid of all the nostalgia at WDW. I understand progress and relevance, but sometimes you just like the classics too.

142 more days!! (and looking forward to taking DD (2) in the SFRTH!!)

ITA!

Swiss Family Robinson is one of my favorite childhood films - I grew up with the only TV allowed being Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday Nights.

I own the DVD release of this film and I cajoled my 9 yo to watch it - he was reluctant because he perceived it as "old fashioned". He loved it! I loved it all over again!

Stu29573
07-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I seriously doubt the "Pirateland" referb idea. For one thing at DLR POC is in New Orleans Square- so they couldn't do anything comperable there- not that this is a major factor, it hasn't stopped them in other cases- However, since POC is a DLR original, it makes sense that they would consider that a little, anyway. Actually I just have a gut feeling that this one is baseless. By the way, the only thing I would remove from AL is the carpets...:mickey:

dteed
07-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Adventureland should keep it's name and most of it's qualities but the more pirates the better IMHO. The treehouse has history so I would keep it. And as generic as the flying carpets are there is always a line. Keep in mind, if there are always people in line for an attraction you don't like they are not in line for an attraction you do like. Tiki birds must go.

DisneyJunkie
07-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I think I'm ok with the idea of turning it into Pirateland, especially since its main attraction really is POTC. I've never been fond of the Swiss Family Treehouse, and I can't see why it's stuck around for this long. If they had a way of making it a walk-around area of the Black Pearl, that would be something worth seeing. I mean put the ship there itself, with a plank down to the ground and you just walk up and tour the ship from bow to stern. I'm sure that would get more visitors than this ancient treehouse.

WEDTOPIA
07-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Huh ? The theme of Adventureland is......adventure. Who ever said it had to be all Caribbean , or all African , or all Arabian ? It sure wasn't Walt Disney. It's supposed to be an amalgam of different exotic locales. Why would anyone want to make it Pirateland , exclusively ?

The theming is a mess ? Not only is it not a mess , it's by far the best themed area in the Magic Kingdom. And ,in my opinion ,the Flying Carpets were a brilliant addition. It not only adds kinetics to an area that was lacking in that area , it also gives the kids an immediate bit of eye candy to relate to. I can't believe how many people want to rid WDW of anything that looks vaguely like a ride that children ( as well as many grown-ups ) might enjoy. Let's see , what did Aladdin replace ? Oh yeah. A big slab of unused concrete .

The only thing I would change would be the Tiki Room. Bring back the original show and all will be fine. The rest is brilliant Disney Imagineering .

Stu29573
07-17-2007, 10:07 PM
I agree that Adventureland ranks up there in theming. It's usually the first place I hit when I go to MK. It's every exotic place, and no place in particular- which is exactly what it was meant to be.

Ok, so the carpets aren't terrible, but I still think they could have done better.

jszczur5
07-17-2007, 11:38 PM
I love PoC, but to re-theme the whole of Adventureland would take years to accomplish and so much would be lost in the process.
It certainly wouldn't hurt to add some new attractions as others have suggested, and to re-theme the Jungle Cruise.
I would feel sad to see the treehouse go, and I don't really think that it is taking up that much valuable real estate.
I would happily say good bye to Iago and Zazu; and the Magic Carpet ride is available as Dumbo and Astro Orbiter elsewhere in the park and would not be missed.

battlefield2freak
07-18-2007, 10:21 PM
IMHO, this would not be a good decision...it's capitalizing on a fad that won't last. While it probably wouldn't hurt to update Adventureland some to make it all about Pirates would be sad. Plus some of the things now that younger kids like would be lost. My little one doesn't care for Pirates yet, but enjoys other things there. I can't imagine them getting rid of JC or ETK...even though the WDW version is such a letdown from the original (that's still at DL).

exactly what i feel about this. the pirate excitement wont last forevr, and they would be getting rid of a piece of WDW history. and i should say the final rides walt worked on before he died was JC and pirates of the carribean both located in adventureland so u would also be getting rid of a major piece of walts dream for WDW. i wouldnt mind if there was some refurbishing throughout the land but its to much to completely change the theme.

krazeerosie
07-18-2007, 11:39 PM
If you would redo Adventureland , From what movie would you like to add an attraction?? Explain why?

Why not use more of an influence from jungle book with the jungle cruise to update ride?

Keep the carpets for younger kids.

Give us a ride Disney just about the princesses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We spend so much money to make our girls to feel like one where is the ride. Make Adventureland about pirates and princesses(then you can keep the Swiss tree, just update it to give more interest to all visitors.

Dsnygirl
07-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Okay, I am probably in the minority here, but I like the Aladdin ride, and I LOVE the Treehouse!! It's one of my very favorite things to walk through - if it's not busy, I just love to stroll along and check out the view... but then, I've always wanted to stay in a treehouse, too. :blush: I rode Aladdin for the first time w/ my girls in May -- and I was surprised that I enjoyed it so much!
Anyway -- I'd be all for Disney adding more pirate-themed areas, but I think a complete re-do of Adventureland would be a mistake. Really, none of the rides are that grand, except for BTMRR -- but people love them just b/c they're just like they've always been -- fun, cute, great theming. Maybe re-doing the Jungle Cruise, or adding a pirate component to it... finding somewhere to add another pirate ride or something similar... but not a wholescale remake... I think that'd be a mistake. Plus, I'd miss my favorites.... :)

battlefield2freak
07-19-2007, 12:06 AM
actually BTMR is in frontierlandwhich neighbirs adventureland. but i would agree with adding a little bit more pirates to the area but not alot. and id be mad if they re did JC i like the way it is right now i think all it needs is a much needed enhancement not a comlete re-do.

KathyMO
07-19-2007, 06:34 PM
I noticed on another site that DL now has Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island. Do you think they might do this at WDW?

Kathy

DisneyJunkie
07-19-2007, 06:39 PM
If anything Adventureland is one of the weakest-themed lands of the MK. It seems to be a confused, jumbled, mish-mash of attractions stuck together. As it stands now, the ONLY attraction within it that's worth taking in is Pirates of the Caribbean. Nothing else there is worth looking at.

Stu29573
07-19-2007, 08:24 PM
If anything Adventureland is one of the weakest-themed lands of the MK. It seems to be a confused, jumbled, mish-mash of attractions stuck together. As it stands now, the ONLY attraction within it that's worth taking in is Pirates of the Caribbean. Nothing else there is worth looking at.

That may well be your opinion, but as you can see by the previous posts, a whole lot of people really like that "mish-mash." As long as a whole lot of people like it, don't expect much change...:mickey:

DisneyJunkie
07-20-2007, 06:15 AM
That may well be your opinion, but as you can see by the previous posts, a whole lot of people really like that "mish-mash." As long as a whole lot of people like it, don't expect much change...:mickey:

Well, let's take a look at other WDW attractions that many others liked and yet were changed anyway.....JIYI and Horizons certainly come to mind. So I'd say expecting change isn't necessarily a futile thing.

Stu29573
07-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Well, let's take a look at other WDW attractions that many others liked and yet were changed anyway.....JIYI and Horizons certainly come to mind. So I'd say expecting change isn't necessarily a futile thing.

Actually, as fondly as people remember Horizons (and I'm one of them), it was pretty much a walk on at any time right before it was replaced. Try that with the Jungle Cruise at peak times! :mickey:

brownie
07-20-2007, 09:46 AM
I think it would be a mistake to turn Adventureland into Pirate Land. Adventureland is more enduring where Pirates may be more of a fad that may lose its luster eventually. I think some updating would be fine but too completely reimagineer the land would be a bad idea in the long term.

Ten of Hearts
07-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Perhaps they could redecorate some of the existing buildings- but never a major re-do. NEVER take out the Swiss Family Treehouse! The Magic Carpets Ride is the newest attraction and my least favorite. They should just keep it as a lush, tropical resort area with all the trees and greenery. I think Adventureland is very charming and beautiful just as it is. They need to keep some areas that are a little more low-key.

Look how they messed up Tomorrowland- it's not even Tomorrowland anymore. However, at Epcot they are taking the glove off Spaceship Earth and going back to the original idea. I hope Disney continues to go back to more original ideas. They have made a few blunders in the last 20 years, but now there's hope. :mickey:

prttynpnk
07-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Hmm the studios doesn't have a hub n spoke ride they can move it there ;)
NO!!!!

Ten of Hearts
07-20-2007, 12:16 PM
I like Adventureland and would hate to see it turn into more pirates. I know there are plans to create a Pirates Character Meal and revamp the Jungle Cruise in the future. I say bring back the Original Tiki Room show and remove The Magic Carpets and all will be well with me. Hmm the studios doesn't have a hub n spoke ride they can move it there ;)

I agree. What is a hub n spoke ride? :mickey:

battlefield2freak
07-20-2007, 06:12 PM
a hub and spoke ride is a ride like dumbo, magic arpets, and astro oribtor just to name a few. i think the magic carpets would fit great at MGM or adventureland. if it was me id say move it to MGM and make a new ride there thats actually worth the wait and besides MK already has 2 other hub and spoke style rides why a third.