PDA

View Full Version : Not a Rumor Just an Idea

offero
06-22-2007, 09:21 AM
While on Disney's website last night I was wondering about something. With the technology that we have today, Disney could, in theory, design a website for extinct rides and attractions. Where Disney buffs like me can actually see Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln or Horizons as they once were, in their entirety, soundtrack and all, except in computer animation. They could even help that poor guy finish his animated version of Mr. Toads Wile Ride and add it to the site.

I think if it was done right it could potentially be awesome. It could also give some of us with childhood attachments to some rides a chance to ride them again, or for others a chance to see them for the first time.

What do you guys think?

tinklover
06-22-2007, 09:27 AM
I think that is a fantastic idea:thumbsup: . We were just at WDW in may and although we had a great time i really missed 20,000 leagues and mr toad's wild ride. all I could do was tell my memories of it to my DD's and my Boyfriend. If disney woudl do this then they could actually see it for themselves and not have to go by my memories. :mickey: Thanks for the idea and hopefully disney will catch on to it

Mickeydream
07-03-2007, 08:26 PM
What a great idea! I'm sure it would be a big hit with all. With all the changes that WDW has seen over the years, it would be wonderful for everyone to see the rides of the past. :mickey:

snifflesmcg
07-03-2007, 09:09 PM
They already have a website that you can see past rides.....it's called Youtube, lol.

offero
07-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Seeing a ride video is one thing. I have many of them and they are always fun to watch. However, there is something different about being able to move the camera from its fixed position, and look around. Instead of seeing the perspective of the person who shot the film, you can look around and admire the entire atmosphere of the ride and see things that the camera man may have missed or avoided.

Getting a video of a ride is like buying a pre-highlighted textbook. You are assuming the person highlighted the right stuff, but what about the stuff they ignored?