PDA

View Full Version : in room cribs

Harkleroad
06-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Hi! I made reservations for our Dec. vacation today. We (DH and DS) will be staying at all star movies. I requested a king bed for us and a crib for my son. My question is does anyone know the size of the crib? I know that it is a pack and play but my son is only 14 months and is already 33 inches tall. So he still has 6 months to grow before our trip. I have one that is large enough but would rather not drag it along if I can help it. Thanks to anyone who has info.

LovinWDW
06-22-2007, 12:32 AM
We used the pack and plays at Coronado Springs when my daughter was 26 months and she fit just fine. If I remember correctly, it was a little smaller than the typical size. You can always call and ask for the measurements.:thumbsup:

JohnnyJayhawk
06-22-2007, 05:47 PM
At SOG the crib was actually a crib, everywhere else we've stayed on property the crib is a pack n play. On this past trip our 2 y.o. fit in the pack n play just fine, and she's in the 98th percentile for height.

Jen C.
06-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Personally, this time around I am renting a full size crib from a local company for our 18 month old. It's not that she is too large, it's just that she has never slept in a pack and play, and her quality of sleep is IMO very important to the overall enjoyment of our trip.

The pack and play on our stay in Sep. of last year came and was quite dirty. Stickiness, and some obvious surface debris. We did call housekeeping, and were given another, and I did have my own bedding from home, but I just was never comfortable after that. Also we found that she woke up quite often during thenight, something quite atypical for her.

So we are gambling with $75 for our next 6 night trip, in hopes that a real full size crib with actual mattress (just like home) will make for happy travels.;) THis might be worth it for you as an option as well, considering the size of your little one. Not that it can't be done, just that it may make things easier...one less thing, ya know?:thumbsup:

Lizzie
06-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Do they provide sheets with the packnplay?

Harkleroad
06-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks for your responses. I have two pack and plays. He has outgrown one and the other is large so I didn't want to bring it if it isn't necessary. He also spends one night a week in it at my mom's so he is okay sleeping in a pack and play. If you guys haven't had any problems with them I won't bring mine along. We are staying at the All Star Movies and I will use theirs. Thanks again.

Jen C.
06-22-2007, 09:57 PM

Yes they do:thumbsup:

Lizzie
06-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Sweeet!

vamaggie
06-23-2007, 08:42 AM

They do provide sheets but you may want to bring your own. Our DD was (is) very senstive to detergents and we did not want to take the chance that she would get irritated skin from the sheets they provide being washed in industrial soap. We brought our own (and let mousekeeping know not to take them) and had no problem with them fitting and DD did not get any rash.

TheRustyScupper
06-23-2007, 02:51 PM
1) Cribs are available at ALL resorts.
2) They are first-come-first served.
3) However, they can usually borrow one from another resorts.
4) The cribs are REAL cribs.
5) There are some wooden ones left, but most are alum.

NOTE: Cribs are actually about the same size as Pack-n-Play units. Some people think they are actually smaller than PnP's.

starrynyt
06-30-2007, 02:04 AM
We have stayed at Disney resorts twice since our kids were born and only got pack-n-plays never a 'crib'. In fact we had 3 pack-n-plays the first time and 2 last time. We have never had an issue with cleanliness of them. Also my kids are on the taller side (at least a couple of them are) andthey have always fit fine in the cribs.:mickey: