PDA

View Full Version : Worst Meal EVER in WDW

Guya103
06-21-2007, 09:12 PM
What is the worst meal you have ever had in WDW? I know that bad dining is a rarity at Disney so it shouldn't be too hard to pick out the worst!:mickey:

Darbylew
06-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I am so sorry but I can't think of any place that
I have eaten that was bad. I will tell you that I
do not like the change in the menu in China at
the Lotus Cafe. It was not as good as before.

glenpreece
06-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I went to Artist Point this past Jan. and I had the beef done well. I orignally wanted to have buffalo but was told I couldn't have it done well otherwise it would be tough. I don't do salmon so I chose the beef. Well it was BURNT. Even in the pic people could see the black on the piece of meat. I was not happy this was a really exspensive meal and it was a bust. So I talked to the server and she offered me another and I said no thanks just wrap it up maybe it'll be better cold. Then i asked to speak to the manager and I just let her know that a well done steak should not be burnt. She then apologized and said that is is difficult to cook things well without burning them and to not ask for well done. So i told her I went to school for Food and Beverage Mang and I learned how to cook various items and to cook something well you cook it longer on a lower heat as to not BURN it. So it was comped. I just couldn't believe that she tried to put it on me for asking for something well. If your "chef" can't cook something properly then they shouldn't be there. My dad manages to cook things well for us all the time without burning it.

CAS
06-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean by not doing "well done" very well. I tend to like mine on the rare side but most of my family likes well done. The funny thing is that "well done" means different things to different people. It can be anything from no-more-pink (mother in law's preference) to dry, black and crispy (aunt's preference). I had to literally put it on the grill 3 more times until it looked inedible. I find it terribly hard to please all :blush: Regardless the chef should've been able to meet your needs.

In any case my worst was a shrimp/pasta dish at the sci fi diner. Weird sauce, strange tasting shrimp, not tastey at all. My only real bust.

glenpreece
06-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Eww pasta!!! As for the well done my well done is no pink in the middle, not charred or crispy.

Lehman Family
06-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Our worst was by far at L' Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante in Italy at WS. We ordered our food and had some trouble understanding the waiter, so I asked him to verify what our order was and that we were getting entrees and appetizers. He said that we were but we never got our entrees. All we had to eat was appetizers and he brought the check out. Instead of putting up a fuss we paid and left. We haven't been back since. I think the issue was more a language barrier than anything, but it was to date the worst meal we've had in WDW.

LovinWDW
06-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Two Words......

CAPTIN JACKS

RAIDER
06-22-2007, 03:48 AM
Trails End .... Food was cold and they werent filling up the missing dishes .The CM had an attitude we couldnt get out of there quick enough :mad:

IC10
06-22-2007, 05:44 AM
ABC Commissary makes my mouth dry thinking of all of that salt. Ewwww!!!

auntfrannie
06-22-2007, 05:44 AM
Bongo's Cuban Cafe in DTD. The food was very bland.

Jenemmy
06-22-2007, 07:02 AM
My only bad meal was my own fault. I was newly pregnant on one of our trip and we went to Chef Mickeys. As soon as we got near it, all I could smell was this horrible strong seafood smell. It made me instantly quesy. I tried picking at some fruit, but everything tasted fishy to me. However, I was the ONLY one who noticed, so it had to just be me and my pregnant self, but I wound up just miserable and not eating

Flower
06-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Ours was the meal that never was at Alfredo's.

We had ressies, we arrived prior to them, and we waited for almost an hour to be seated. We had tickets for cirque and I made DH leave Alfredo's before they called our name. We had just enough time to grab a sandwich at Earl's and get to Cirque about 20 minutes before the show. If we had of stayed and waited for Alfredo's we would have missed part of the show and I would have been really :mad:.

SBETigg
06-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Coral Reef. It was just terrible- food, service, everything. It was a nearly four hour meal due to really bad service. My husband got a raw steak slapped on his plate- seriously, it was red on the outside! Sent it back. The rest of us got our food, but I didn't want to eat without him so I waited. His steak finally came-- an hour later.

So I had cold food (my own fault? No- the server should have paid attention and asked or even checked on us once within that hour). It wasn't good cold food. The kids meals were awful, too. We were all thirsty and never saw a server to order new drinks. We asked to speak to the manager. He finally came. "Oh you had a bad meal? Sorry." That was it. We were presented with the full bill (not even a dessert to make amends) and that was that. We'll never go back. It was beyond the worst meal we've ever had anywhere.

TBY2225
06-22-2007, 08:59 AM
It isn't really a meal, but I did not care for the cheese stuffed pretzels in the MK. It was cold and congealed. I was really disappointed, because these sounded so good.

Service wise it would have to be Coral Reef. Slow and rude, even though the food was ok, I will not go back because of the service.

Dyanna
06-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Alfredo's by far the worst meal to date. After we finished our horrible tasting meals we went to watch Illuminations. During the wait I felt queezy & my husband did wind up getting sick. Good thing the bathroom was not too far for him to get to in time:ack: We sent a letter to Disney & they were nice enough to give us our money back.:thumbsup:

tink2006
06-22-2007, 11:05 AM
I would have to say Mickey's BBQ. It was our own fault - we are not much for picnic style food and eating on picnic tables. The food was horrible and it was VERY crowded. The entertainment was mediocre. The characters did not go around any of the tables. It was just not for us!

tink'72
06-22-2007, 11:09 AM
My worst meal was at the Garden Grill in the Land in Epcot. It wasn't the food but the service was awful.

We went to lunch there for my husbands birthday. I ordered the cake months ago and 2 time before being seated I checked in at the podium to verify that they had the cake listed and ready.

After we ate the bill came....no cake :mad: When I asked the waitress her answer to me very rudely.."well, it's not my fault" "I can put it in a box and you can take it with you"..

Now I ask you. It was April in Florida about 90 degrees..would you have taken the cake???
We didn't...
That was the last time we will eat there.

JPL
06-22-2007, 11:22 AM
My worst meal is 100% my fault I should have known better. We were staying at Coronado Springs and were feeling a bit lazy. MY friend suggested we order Pizza and wings and just eat them in the room since we were heading out to Pleasure Island. I reluctantly agreed and jumped in the shower while he ordered the food. We waited about an hour and a half for the food to arrive after he called. We went to pay for it and they added a delivery charge included a tip when all was said and done it was $36 for a pizza and about a dozen wings. Thye food was terrible the wings were under cooked with no taste at all. And well we all know how bad WDW pizza is and this was soggy and cold. I ate abouit half the wings and a could only stomach a slice of this awful pizza like substance. I ended up grabbing a pretzel before Pleasure Island and another snack on the way out later in the night.

branvy
06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
The old menu at Pinocchio's - we both ordered a turkey sandwich, and the bread was wet and mushy, the turkey practically frozen in areas, and the the taste, well...:sick:

I was disappointed in my steak at Brown Derby. It was chewy and flavorless (bad cut I guess). In comparison, my steak at Le Cellier was...oooh, mmmmmmm, wonderful.

Worst service: Plaza restaurant. The waiter complained the entire time about his job, the customers, and the dining plan (which we were not on). When we asked nicely for refills (after waiting 15 minutes) he rolled his eyes.

Talk about bad, my sister's friend took her entire family on a dream trip to WDW. The first night they all got food poisoning at the Luau. WDW did pay for their medical bills at least.

Christine
06-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast in 2003.

The bacon was undercooked, the fruit was mushy and had spoiled spots, the potatos were cold and rubbery, the eggs were 70% water...we literally just ate muffins. $200 for muffins!

Haven't been back since.

LibertyTreeGal
06-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Would be a tie between Taste Pilots at DCA and Pecos Bills at MK -- both the same thing -- overdone burgers with overcooked fries, and a less than appealing fixins bar!

Disdad13
06-22-2007, 02:46 PM
A lot of people won't like this, but my worst meal was at Sci-Fi. The atmosphere was unique, although I, for one, didn't like the car booths. For a party of three, it was impossible to carry on a conversation. Aside from that, I had the rib platter. I couldn't eat any of it! What meat was there was terribly tough and had no taste whatsoever. The rest of the meal was forgettable as well. To top it off, we went there for lunch and it was one of the most expensive meals of the entire trip - dinners included! I would never go back to Sci-Fi again unless it was with somebody who had never been there before and just wanted to see what it was like. And even the, I would stick with some onion rings and a shake.

KAT1811
06-22-2007, 03:53 PM
A lot of people won't like this, but my worst meal was at Sci-Fi. The atmosphere was unique, although I, for one, didn't like the car booths. For a party of three, it was impossible to carry on a conversation.

:ditto: I'm glad somone also feels as I do about Sci-Fi. Great thought but I like to see the people I eat with and my food.

If you thought people weren't going to like that one they really aren't going to like this one. My worst meal ever in WDW was at the Liberty Tree Tavern. All the meats were beyond dry, the mashed pots were flavorless, and the mac and cheese, Stouffer's, ewww. We loved the characters but the food, for us left quite a bit to be desired. :sorry: to those of you who love it I guess it's just not for us.

moe513
06-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Beirgarten. I love the building but the food is horrible.

GreenBeetle
06-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Definitely Lotus Blossom - but that was a few years ago, maybe things have improved. :(

jax86
06-22-2007, 08:27 PM
california grill was by far the worst. I cant believe i gave up my reservations for le cellier for that, but my daughter really wanted to see the fire works and we would have missed them if we ate in canada. i thought alfredos was good. didnt care much for the waiter but the food was good.

jax86
06-22-2007, 08:32 PM
i may have been mistaken. i cant remember oif the name is calif. grill or garden grill. anyway, it was the one in which the restaurant revolved around while you ate. and it was character dining.:prince:

Jodi
06-22-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't want to say that it was terrible, but, dinner at SciFi, a couple of years ago was not good. My DD's hardly touched their food and it was so dark that I could hardly even see what I was eating. I would go back, just to see if things improved

tron80
06-22-2007, 08:48 PM
It's a toss up between Sci-Fi and Lotus Blossom. But take my advice,avoid Lotus Blossom like the plague.

Tinkermom
06-22-2007, 09:13 PM
For us it was this past March and dinner at 1900 Park Fare. It is a buffet and most of the buffet is set up in a corner. You had to stand and wait as people moved out of the corner in order to get in to get your food. And you had better move quick. People were very pushy trying to get to their food.

The food though was awful! The pasta dishes were dried out, the rolls were stale, the meat was tough and cold and the bananas foster that I was so looking forward to had sat way to long and the bananas were mealy and mushy. YUCK! :sick:I could not believe the spaghetti on the children's buffet, it looked like it had sat there overnight it was starting to get crunchy!

The place itself is in major need of refurbishment. I figured since it was in the Grand Floridian that the restaurant would be lovely. That was not the case at all. Walls are scuffed, the carpet stained and it just did not appear nice looking at all. I felt like they know that the princesses (Cinderella in particular) are a draw so why bother fixing up the place. We will never go back.:mad:

Tinkermom
06-22-2007, 09:15 PM
i may have been mistaken. i cant remember oif the name is calif. grill or garden grill. anyway, it was the one in which the restaurant revolved around while you ate. and it was character dining.:prince:

If it was at Epcot than it would have been the Garden Grill.;)

California Grill is on top of the Contemporary and is to us one of the best restaurants ever, not just at WDW!:thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
06-22-2007, 10:06 PM
This, for us, is a virtual tie between Alfredo's and (Ok here it comes and I'm prepared for the replies :D) Rose&Crown.

We had three dinners in a row at Alfredo's that were just horrible (yes I like to give a place the benefit of the doubt). Rude service would have been preferrable to the distain and arrogance we experienced. Don't even remember what the food was or tasted like because we were treated so badly. It was like we were an imposition on the waiter's day rather than customers.

As for Rose&Crown, we had a reasonable and two bad meals. The two bad were so bad (the food was absolutely among the worst we've had anywhere not just at Disney) that we just can't think of going back. The reasonable was just that. Not bad, flavours good if not exceptional so we gave it a couple of more tries. Just not interested in risking getting the horrible anymore.

DestinationWDW
06-22-2007, 10:55 PM
I have to say the fish and chips from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop - they looked and smelled so good - were very greasy and the sea gulls seemed to enjoy them (and the nearby patrons' baskets!) more than hubby and I did.:(

JCDarzi
06-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Our worse meal had to be ABC Commisary at MGM last September. Incredibly long wait for less than average food. Wouldn't go there again as a result. Time is too precious at Disney to spend it waiting in a food line.

Tinkerbellfan
06-23-2007, 07:24 AM
Hi-

We have two that tie - Alfredo's and ESPN. Alfredo's service was horrible and the food was not good. Coming from Boston, I should have known been than to try Italian food at WDW. The server wasn't around to give us refills on our drinks.

And, ESPN's food was just plan bad! WE had wings - how can you mess up wings. They messed up wings. This upcoming trip wewant to go back to ESPN to watch Monday Night Football but are planning to eat at Flying FIsh first.

Guya103
06-23-2007, 10:37 AM
I would have to say Mickey's BBQ. It was our own fault - we are not much for picnic style food and eating on picnic tables. The food was horrible and it was VERY crowded. The entertainment was mediocre. The characters did not go around any of the tables. It was just not for us!

This was our worst too. Bugs were everywhere and we waited for over an hour in the dark for the bus to pick us up in the middle of no where.

luvdiznee
06-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Fried Chicken at WCC. Even though I love that restaurant, I just will never get that dish again. It was sooooo dry. And more recently the "lobster bisque" at Concourse Steakhouse. I was expecting what I had gotten at Coral Reef. But no go. But at the same time will still certainly do both restaurants again.

tarjaybuff
06-23-2007, 12:32 PM
:sick:FLame Tree Grill in AK in 2005. Food was old, corn was chewy, meat was fatty, beans were cold, horrible!!!!!:ack:

Other than that the food has always been good. Props to WDW for promoting quality.

ElenitaB
06-23-2007, 01:57 PM
We've had a few bad experiences dining at WDW, but the meal that was perhaps the worst was lunch at CRT: we were there for my DS' birthday and I had to remind our CM twice about that despite the fact that it was noted on our ADR and I had mentioned it to the CM checking us in as well. This CM in particular obviously was thinking of things other than attending to our table that day and barely responded to requests for water, etc. And to top things off, my lunch made me :sick: within the hour.

Other less than perfect experiences (I'm being diplomatic here): lunch at Brown Derby, Lotus Blossom Cafe, Big River Grille, DS's lunch at Tangierine Café (though my lunch there was great).

jillluvsdisney
06-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Our last trip to Liberty Tree Tavern was not so good. Our waiter was Haitian and did not speak English very well. My niece did not get what she ordered, it took forever to get drink refills and catsup.

My Dad thinks the food at Le Cellier made him sick once. It took a few trips before I could convince him to go back. We went this past trip and it was nothing great.

The food at the Polynesian Luau was really sub standard but the show was good.

Sci-Fi drive in was not good at all.

I am not a fan of Whispering Canyon for dinner. I think the ribs are terrible. They do have a good breakfast though.

Kairi_7378
06-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. I was really disappointed in this meal. The Unofficial Guide raved about this place so I was expecting some decent Chinese food. What we got was extremely bland and it took FOREVER to get our meal. DH called me twice while I was in line and he was securing a table to see if I got lost!

LoriMistress
06-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Our worst expereince was at Planet Hollywood. The food was terrible.

IloveDisney71
08-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Five of us ate at the Sci-Fi and did not care for the entrees at all. They were just so-so and for the price???...it was not worth it at ALL. We did enjoy our appetizers and the desserts. We liked the atmosphere of it, but we didn't sit in the cars. We had a table, so we could share some laughs over what we were watching. We would consider going back - but just for dessert.

Friend of Figment
08-11-2007, 07:40 PM
DTD Rainforest Cafe - bad food and appalling service. I was there solo and the waiter made it clear that he was getting ripped off on his tip having to take care of one person instead of two. I'm a generous tipper becauase I can appreciate the server's point of view. Had he not whined and moaned and had actually given me some service he wouldn't have suffered at all.

hooberry
08-11-2007, 08:39 PM
:ack:Alfredos, I had a shrimp alfredo dish, the alfredo sauce had no flavor and the 5 (yes count them 5 shrimp) were like rubber:ack:

AllDisney
08-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Worst food we've ever had was at The Plaza Restaurant. Ordered hamburgers. Our first impression was that the burgers had no taste. Our second impression was that the burgers were just frozen patties, cooked and thrown on a plate.

We've not been pack & have no desire to return.

The Bookseller
08-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Maybe I am just a lucky guy but my only "So-so" meal was at Tony's Town Square. The spaghetti was bellow average. It wasn't horrible, just unimpressive.

KCMom
08-11-2007, 09:47 PM
I did not care for my meal at Concourse Steakhouse. My lobster bisque was pretty awful and my steak kinda tasted funny. Everyone else was raving about their meals, so maybe it was just me.

I was very disappointed in the Biergarten at Epcot. Maybe it's because we've been to Germany and our expectations were too high. It could be sooo much better. I think it needs to be a true sit down restaurant where you order your meal...not a buffet.

The definate worst meal we've ever had at WDW is Chef Mickey's...although our waiter was superb.

Our waiter was not so great at Crystal Palace. My DH actually went and filled up some of our drink glasses because he just never came back. I thought for sure he'd get reprimanded by a CM, but no one noticed. The food was wonderful that evening and we had a great time.

My friend got a hot pretzal from a vendor at MK across from the Winnie the Pooh ride. She took a bite and immediately threw it away. She said it was "nasty".

That may sound like a lot, but considering the number of meals I've had at WDW it's really not too bad. The good experiences far outweigh the bad.

jszczur5
08-11-2007, 10:31 PM

I agree that the entertainment was mediocre. Not quite what I expected.
But the food was an entirely different matter. I thought the food was hot, tasty and plentiful. I normally stop eating long before I feel sick, but not at the BBQ. I just couldn't get enough of the cole slaw, ribs and corn on the cob. Yum!!
I can't remember if this place had corn bread (I know Hoop Dee Doo did), but I know I ate my weight in corn bread also.

disneynarula
08-11-2007, 11:44 PM
I honestly thought that the worst food I have ever had was at the Hoop De Doo. I realize that you are paying mostly for the entertainment and the food wasn't that bad but I thought it was a lot of money for what you got. I have had better fried chicken at Bojangles.

I also thought the entertainment was mediocre. There are some other free shows that are better.

I don't regret it however, it is something that everyone should try once. It is pretty popular so most people must really like it.

I think it is interesting that some people picked some of my favorites as their worst meal. It just goes to show you how different everyone's taste is.

Dracula766
08-12-2007, 05:21 AM
:unsure:
another vote for Planet Horrible

Fantasmic
08-12-2007, 07:44 AM
I have to say, most of my dining experiences at WDW have been great. We have had 2 so-so ones, one at Boma, where they kept us waiting for a table for ages and ages, and service was slow (food was great though) and one at the 50's Prime Time, where the girl who was "mom" was not into character at all, and it wasn't as fun as I expected it, and MY Mum's dish was cold.

mouseketeer mom
08-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Toy Story Pizza Planet! I am not picky at all. I find very little fault with food...but honestly, I still feel queasy thinking about that wet, doughy pizza, greasy and mushy. GROSS!

eeyorerocks
08-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Ours was Boma, but this was mostly our fault. I think we had set our expectations too high based on recommendations of friends who had previously visited. We like to try differnt foods, and usually enjoy many ethnic foods. However, for some reason, most of the foods on the buffet just did not do it for us. I can say that the food trays were all very well stocked, food was hot and plentiful, however, none of us really cared for most of the selections. Having said that though, I could have stayed all night and ate the Zebra Domes & Chocolate Mousse :) It was one of those places I can say I tried, but probably won't be going back, unless we were to go with someone who really had their heart set on trying it!

Veectoor
08-12-2007, 09:26 AM
My worst meal was at Mama Melroses.

It wasn't really bad and I certainly can not fault it. I wanted to try tuna, and I was afraid to try it cooked anyway other than well done. I got what I asked for, but at the time I was very disappointed.

Since then, I've had seared tuna and found that I really like it.

Maleficent's Dad
08-12-2007, 10:02 AM
I really love this thread - and not because I love to hear negatives about WDW (in fact, nothing could be further from the truth), but simply because of the diversity of opinions and experiences that people have had.

About 99% of our meals at WDW have been either good or better (meaning excellent!).

But we've had a few bad ones:
Service Problems: Spoodles
Ultimate Letdown: Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Worst Meals for food (twice): O'hana's (don't kill me on this one - I'm well aware of the popularity of this place!)

DisneyorBust
08-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Without question, our worst meal ever at WDW was at Alfredo's.
I know that Alfredos has a large number of fans here but our meal was bad from the start.
The service was uninspired and only got worse when they found out that we were on the Dining plan. The food was very disappointing, three of my family ordered the Fettuccini Alfredo, what we actually received was overcooked pasta in a thick, pasty sauce.
Not disappointed that Alfredos is going away.

disneyfan1124
08-12-2007, 11:11 AM
This has been an excellent thread to read! Knowing that opinions weigh heavily based on the experience you are looking for, if you have kids, and how much $$ you are willing to spend. I have enjoyed reading all the responses!

I have to say, for us, the excellent and outstanding far outweigh the sub-standard and the lousy.

DH says Cape May Cafe didn't do it for him. Being from New England, he expected more quality in the seafood. Service has always been great though. Yep, we do go back when we have first time guests with us who want to try it.

I say Sci-Fi Dine In Theater-bad food, small portion (thank goodness)and lousy service. We'll never go back there.

Rose and Crown was nothing to write home about either. DH missed that meal but Mom and I didn't enjoy ourselves. We ended up snacking before the night was over. Suppose we might try it again if someone in our party really wanted to.

grego77
08-12-2007, 11:33 AM
I have never "detested" a meal at WDW...but by far the worst meal I've had was at Rose & Crown. We sat outside, with a beautiful view of ALL of World Showcase. My fish, which was what I was looking forward to the MOST, was not fresh, and tasted (excuse the pun) 'fishy'...which is NEVER what you want to taste from a fish...especially a fried fish. I simply could not eat it. Thankfully, my steak was good, as were the appetizers and desserts. However, I will probably not go there again...unless it is JUST for appetizers. I'll stick with my favorites Coral Reef and 50s Prime Time Cafe! :cloud9:

TINKERBELL_82
08-12-2007, 02:39 PM
ABC Commissary makes my mouth dry thinking of all of that salt. Ewwww!!!

:ditto::sick:

robyn221
08-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Several years ago, on a WDW trip with my family, we ate at Alfredo's and had a wonderful time. My husband still talks about having fettucini Alfredo at the "real" Alfredo's. I'm really disappointed that so many people have listed a meal at this restaurant as one of their worst at WDW. If food and service quality have nosedived that badly, it's understandable that Alfredo's is being replaced.

Robyn

tinkerbell04
08-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Really have never had a meal that was inedible at WDW, but I will not go back to the Coral Reef. All three times that we ate there, we waited over an hour past our ADR to be seated. The food was mediocre and had I been paying out ofpocket would have felt ripped off. The waiters really weren't attentive at all. The only good thing was the tanks, and we can get just as good a look into them as inside the pavillion. :mickey:

robyn221
08-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Our trip to WDW this September will be our first since the DDP was introduced. How do you think this has affected quality of food and service, particularly at the table service restaurants?

Robyn:mickey:

lilmick
08-12-2007, 06:33 PM
The first night we were at WDW in July, we had reservations at Ohana's. Now, the food was terrific but when we were served ~ family style ~ the bowl of vegetables, my husband took a bite and discovered the circular cardboard cutout from a box. We told our server and he apologized and we laughed and said it was fine and to not worry about it. The next thing we know, here comes the chef. He was also very apologetic and asked if there was anything he could do to make it up to us. We thought FOR SURE he would offer to buy us a drink or to not charge us for the meal or whatever so we, again, just laughed it off ~ thinking he would protest. Well, he didn't and thanked us and walked away. I was pretty bummed that we didn't get anything free out of the deal but that's just my 'frugal' disease :blush: But the food was DELICIOUS! :mickey:

bertasso59
08-13-2007, 06:56 PM
the only bad meal I ever had was at a place that thankfully is no longer there. A pizza place in Fantasyland gave you personal pizzas exactly like the $1 microwave pizzas you get at the market with the waffly crust..yech!

DizneyFreak2002
08-13-2007, 06:59 PM
My worse meal was Whispering Canyon... The food wasn't that good...

ckaranassos
08-13-2007, 08:14 PM
We did not enjoy our meal atL' Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante in Italy at WS. Mostly because my family and I are more "american italian" eaters and did not appreciate the authenticity of our normally favorite dishes.

alicia524luvstw
08-14-2007, 01:57 AM
sci-fi, consistently awful food and sadly crt for dinner

Dragongirlx
08-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Thw worst meal we had was on our first trip to wdw in 2004. We wnet to the sci fi diner and the food was cold the service was really slow and it was to dark to see. To top it off the waitress gave us the bill of the people who we were sharing the car with.
The second worst meal was in Bistro de Paris in epcot. The waiter was really rude and ridiculled us for not being able to pronouce the french to his satisfaction despite the fact that we really tried. Then he mixed my sister and I's orders up and left us to sort it out. There were only two of us so it couldn't have been hard (although we are identical twins!)

AliceinDisney
08-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Mine was at Boatwright's in Port Orlean's Riverside. I had some pasta which was just terrible. I couldn't tell you what it was now. Also the pizza on the resorts is the worst pizza ever, I ordered room service pizza and I thought it tasted like cardboard. It was horrible.

Jared
08-14-2007, 10:23 AM
We had a poor experience at Spoodles many years ago. The food was the fine, but the waiter was atrocious. I don't remember the details, but my family has not been back.

DisneyCouture
08-14-2007, 10:26 AM
The worst I ever had was at the Planet Hollywood. (Not really in the parks) I had the shrimp alfredo and ended up with food poisoning. Ruined the rest of my trip.:sick:

mrsgaribaldi
08-14-2007, 10:29 AM
The worst meal we ever had wasn't really a meal but an appetizer. At River Roost Lounge in POR we had spareribs. They had so much sauce they were disgusting. I tried having my DH remove some of the sauce but it they were gross all together.:blush: They really ruined some nice ribs:(

princessM0m
08-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Our worst meal at the World was at Beaches and Cream. After waiting 45 minutes we were were finally seated at the counter--after we were refused an open table. The party after us on the waiting list got the table--go figure that one out. The food was greasy and our server was inattentive and clueless. We have not gone back since. That place is ridiculous--yes, it's tiny, but if they can't provide a modicum of decent service and food they should use the space for something else.

disneydrmr
08-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Our worst was the Donald's Breakfastosaurus... tasteless and cold food... horrible service... crowded feel to the place...

GrumpyFan
08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm having a hard time coming up with a "worst meal", because we've never really had anything that was horribly bad. However, our bottom two are probably Tony's Town Square - the food was mediocre, I've had better "Italian" at Olive Garden. The other is Boma. While Boma isn't "bad, stay away", it just wasn't anything we would want to do again, and we tried it two different times in four years.

Probably though, my worst meal would be at O'hana. Not that the food was bad or anything, I just wasn't feeling well, and couldn't eat very much. I think it was due to the previous night's meal at Cape May not agreeing with me for about a day. So, for me it was a bad meal. ;)

I feel like a need to add a disclaimer/special notice here that may be helpful for others. Personally, I will try a restaurant at least twice before I give it a "bad" rating. I do this because I know there are many variables that go into a "good meal". There's the chef, kitchen staff and wait staff, any one of which can be having a bad day and it can effect your meal or the service you get. Also, there's always a rare possibility that you'll get a bad piece of meat/fish, regardless of how it's handled and prepared. Sometimes these things just happen. Very rarely do I ever complain about a bad meal or service, unless it's just REALLY noticably bad, and I feel like it will help the manager and maybe the staff improve someone else's experience, or perhaps even mine on my next visit.

disney_mommy
08-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Without question, our worst meal ever at WDW was at Alfredo's.
I know that Alfredos has a large number of fans here but our meal was bad from the start.
The service was uninspired and only got worse when they found out that we were on the Dining plan. The food was very disappointing, three of my family ordered the Fettuccini Alfredo, what we actually received was overcooked pasta in a thick, pasty sauce.
Not disappointed that Alfredos is going away.

I have heard this issue from a few different people. I had no problems with Alfredo's Fettucine Alfredo. Most Americans it seems equate Fettucine Alfredo with the creamy white sauce you get at most chain restaurants. Actually, it is pasta, a little cream, and lots of cheese. As a result, real fettucine alfredo is often not quite as creamy as expected.

Tink#64
08-14-2007, 08:16 PM
We've not really had a terrible meal experience. I guess we've been really lucky.

We did have poor service at Sci Fi 2 years ago, although Sci Fi is a must do for us every trip, we like the atmosphere and have never thought we had a bad meal.

We also had a not so great experience at PH last year and said it will be awhile before we return. We ended up at a table right there as you walk in, so we couldn't really see anything! DS's 8 & 10 were very disappointed. We've eaten there every year & either these tables were new, or I just hadn't noticed them before. It seemed like we were in the lobby! The food and service were definitely mediocre!It just wasn't up to par with previous visits, not for a $75.00 meal anyway!:(

disneynarula
08-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Also the pizza on the resorts is the worst pizza ever, I ordered room service pizza and I thought it tasted like cardboard. It was horrible.

I have to agree with you there. Not only was it the worst but it was the most expensive. It seems like with all the wonderful food WDW has to offer they could make a decent pizza.

jwallace378
08-15-2007, 07:58 AM
I have 2. The first was at Electric Umbrella in Epcot. I got a cheeseburger which resembled a small, burnt hockey puck on a bun. The second was Toy Story Pizza Planet. The pizza there is horrible. Maybe it was just me being from north Jersey and expecting good pizza.

Dawnya
08-15-2007, 01:30 PM
I would have to say Alfredo's was the worst for us. Bad service (waitor impatient and hard to understand) and bad food. 4 of the 5 of us got sick on their fettuccine alfredo.

magickingdom67
08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Would have to say Biergarten. Service was horrible and the food while not the most horrible thing I have had it was not good.

ldn324
08-15-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm probably in the minority with my choice, but it is the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Food was OK for me - I don't eat beef and ordered the tuna steak which just wasn't cooked right for me. It was rare like I like it, it just wasn't seasoned very well. DH and MIL seemed to enjoy their food.

But our biggest gripe was the service. Our waiter was horribly unattentative and rushed us beyond belief. Brought out one course within 2-3 minutes of the one before and just shoved the plates we were using out of the way. Also, MIL and myself were finished, but DH wasn't. The server took our plates away, started wiping the table, and asked if we wanted any dessert while we...and I quote..."wait for him to finish".

I did write to the management and they called me on the phone. I sort of thought they would offer a coupon or discount on a future meal, but all we got was an apology from someone representing the restaurant. I'm sure the waiter never thought twice about it since he got his tip because we were on the DP. Oh well, live and learn :(

Another bad experience (a couple of times) has been at Columbia Harbor House. Food has been fine, but the servers really seem to hate their jobs. They never smile, never say thank you, hardly ever even make eye contact. Wonder why that is? Not supposed to be a theme is it?

sleepingbooty
08-15-2007, 04:20 PM
We've had 99% great meals. Occasionally the service suffers a little (Coral Reef comes to mind). The only time I had anything I just couldn't or wouldn't eat was at Cosmic Rays. I ordered a rib platter and it was disgusting. Completely slathered in sauce, and the ribs were so extremely fatty, I really couldn't find a none fatty bite anywhere. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Now, I had some fabulous ribs the other night at Boma -probably the best I've ever had, so at least someone on Disney property knows how to cook ribs. Perhaps Boma's chef could do a rib seminar for all the other cooks...but I digress...

kim1st
08-15-2007, 07:07 PM
It's not like it was REALLY awful, but I ended up feeling like it was a waste of CS credits in the dining plan when there were so many good CS restaurants in the parks.

Mrs.Mickey
08-15-2007, 07:45 PM
The worst meal I have ever had in Disney would have to be Planet Hollywood in DTD, we orderded an assortment of appitizers, that came out cold, we got potato skins and the middle of the potato was raw, ( which is horrible) and then we got the bill 50 dollars for 3 apps and 3 iced teas... a little too pricey for my taste.. I would never go back there again, I would rather go to Mc donalds.
:ack:

08-15-2007, 10:33 PM
The worst meal for me was at Rose & Crown. I ordered a chicken dinner & the chicken was very dry. It was cooked way too long. Another bad meal was at Sci-Fi. Not much to choose from & the service was extremely slow.

Crow
08-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Two Words......

CAPTIN JACKS

that was ages ago though...
havent had any really bad since then that i remember

Raye3201
08-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Our worst table service meal was at Tony's Town Square....we went there for dinner and will never go back. The service was very poor and the freezers were broken the day we were there - instead of telling us that icecream wouldn't be available because of this, they brought DS(6) and DD (7 at the time) melted icecream that they would not eat. We did not tip and will never be back - we couldn't believe it.
The worst counter service meal we've had is the electric umbrella....we've been there twice and I don't understand why it's always so bad.
Our best meals have been at Liberty Tree, Le Cellier and Les Chefs de France.
:mickey:

chicade88
08-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Another bad experience (a couple of times) has been at Columbia Harbor House. Food has been fine, but the servers really seem to hate their jobs. They never smile, never say thank you, hardly ever even make eye contact. Wonder why that is? Not supposed to be a theme is it?

We had a similar experience. My DBF was waiting behind another couple after we'd ordered and I guess our food somehow was done before them. He was trying to nicely make his way around them when the woman behind the counter told him "Come on, hurry up!" I was kinda :confused: in shock and we just went off to our table and laughed it off. It just seemed soooo out of place with all that happiness and magic.

ldc12377
08-26-2007, 07:06 PM
This post is right all my alley!! Our trip in May was filled with not-so-great meals to down-right-terrible meals.

First of all, a little background on our group. There were 8 of us altogether- 4 adults, 4 kids(14,8,6,2) We used the dining plan. We had a terrible time with our ADR's being all messed al we arrived so that may have impacted our opinions some. And for the most part, it was the first time any of us had eaten at WDW restuarants. Maybe our hopes were a little high...Just so you know, we aren't picky eaters, either.

I will just list the restuarants and the problems or else I will be writing this all night...

Chef Mickey's - no complaints - good food, good service:party:
Norway's Princess Breakfast - cold bar was almost empty the whole meal, the hot food brought to our table was cold and didn't taste very good, service was so-so but they were very busy so we understood
Whispering Canyon - food was O.K., service was lousy, couldn't get refills on drinks or skillets
O'Hana - service was good, food was lousy, the 14-year-old got sick after eating here:sick:
Le Cellier - service was alright, food was good
Liberty Tree Tavern - food was excellent, service was horrible, server was rude when asked for refills on anything:mad:
Mama Melrose - service was alright, food was nasty, will definitely never eat here again!!:ack:
Sci-Fi Cafe - another all around good experience for us, loved the food, the server was wonderful:number1:
Concourse Steakhouse - good food, good service:thumbsup:
Crystal Palace - good food, good service:thumbsup:

We will be trying the dining plan once again in October so lets hope it goes a little better.

LudwigVonDrake
08-26-2007, 07:49 PM
I had a VERY bad reaction to a burger from the Sci-Fi. I was hurting that day. It was also the time several years ago when Disney had issues with tomatoes and they had several dozen reports of food poisoning. Add me to that list. I was also not impressed with the food at the Garden Grill. That was purely based on taste and not the after effects :D

wdwfansince75
08-26-2007, 10:35 PM
The Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace, or whatever they called it....Smelled almost exactly like Stitch.......or like those rotten duck eggs from the Phillipines...."Balutes????"....

Second place...hmmmm...that noodle bowl was so bad, nothing else came close....

Joseph
08-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Out of many many trips to WDW, the only bad meal I think we have had was at the Rose & Crown and it was not our first time eating there. We had dinner there several years ago and enjoyed the place but last year we went and had one of the worst meals ever. The food was not up to par at all and tasted rather bad. The service was excellent and the view for Illuminations was the best ever. Unforturnately the food that night will have us questioning whether we ever want to eat there again.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-26-2007, 11:52 PM
uh-oh...I know I am going to surprise some when I say this, but it's the truth. Our worst meal ever was breakfast at Cinderella's Castle. :(

Maybe it was just an "off day." The food was not even mediocre. My husband wanted water and the CM replied "Oh, you mean from the moat?" The water actually tasted like that's where it came from. It was probably the worst water in the park.

Sorry... I am just being honest.:D

PirateLover
08-27-2007, 12:15 AM
I have to second the fact that the Room Service Pizza is awful! We've ordered it at Pop and CBR and it was the same overpriced, underwhelming pie at both spots. On the other hand, I actually like the personal pies at Pizza Planet. :shrug:
I don't think we've had a bad meal... My 2 experiences at Sci-Fi were "great!" and "eh" but nothing terrible.

EmisDisneyMom
08-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Le Cellier (I think, I tried real hard to forget) in France, Epcot. I ordered escargot (sp?) for the first time and loved it. Ate dinner, and then decided on more "snails" instead of dessert. One hour later I was prayng to get back to the room QUICK or :sick::ack: was going to happen. It did, on the bus, in a bag that just seconds before had a bottle of French parfume' in it. In the lobby bathroom :sick::ack: Then running to the room :sick::ack: Next day missed my flight because I couldn't even move....food poisoning you ask...no. Silly me, allergic to SNAILS. Insurance picked up doctors call and Disney comp'd us the room for a night. NOT DISNEY'S FAULT! DH ordered room service (Poly) while I was sick the next day. 2 hrs and 45 minutes later food arrived....not HIS food, a pizza. He ordered some type of deli sandwich and a cup of soup w/ a Coke. He decided to dash from the room hoping I would stay in bed for a few minutes and grabbed the stuff himself. It took him 12 minutes.

prttynpnk
08-27-2007, 10:33 AM
And more recently the "lobster bisque" at Concourse Steakhouse.
The bisque was forgivable, but the service wasn't. We had reservations and they sat us right behind the hostess booth- lousey view of all of their office supplies and everyones purses! We felt like we'd arrived unannounced and they'd squeezed us in.
Pinnochio Village Haus! (or whatever it's called) I foolishly got the ketchup basted frisbee and a small beverage. The seating was totally unorganized and inadequate- people were hovering over you hoping you'd relinquish your table quickly- we did.

bkfree
08-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Worst was at Liberty Tree Tavern and we would not go back even if it were free.
Really other than Crystal Palace, we manage to never eat at MK, it has the worst food other than CP, which we love for breakfast or dinner.
Other than that we have always had great food at Chef Mickeys, La Cellier,1900 Park Fare, Tusker House and most all the counter service at WS has been great as well as Marrakesh.
We do love Sci Fi, we only do lunch there and the sandwiches are good as well as the Artichoke Dip, never been disappointed.
We have read so many bad reviews of Coral Reef, San Angel, Alfredo's, Mama Melrose,Rose and Crown and Beirgarten that we have so far avoided those places.Although we have found the counter service fair in those countries to be quite good. go Figure.

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
We didn't like Liberty Tree....The meat was tough and dry; the stuffing tasted like cardboard; the mac and cheese tasted like rubber.

My other was Tony's, and my very good friend told me I would love it. It wasn't horrible, but less than tasty.

wire0monkey
08-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Flame Tree BBQ

The Unofficial Guide really gave this one a good review, especially of "St. Louis style ribs." I'm a fan of all the various schools of BBQ (St. Louis, Memphis, Kansas City, Texas, etc.) and this resembled no type of BBQ that I recognized. The ribs were too fatty and the sauce was just tomato sauce poured over the ribs. The ribs were over-cooked, too.

Bleh.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Sci-Fi was aweful! It is really the only time I've had a bad meal at Disney. I've never eaten at another restaurant in MGM since. I'll eat almost anything but it was so bad that I didn't eat it. It was cold and had no flavor.

CleveSJM
08-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Our worst was the Donald's Breakfastosaurus... tasteless and cold food... horrible service... crowded feel to the place...

I'm amazed there aren't more Breakfastosaurus stories out there... This was the only meal I've ever had at WDW that made me physically sick :sick:. Hint - Find the family restrooms that lock behind you for privacy and to not gross out other people. I know there is one over by conservation station and I apologize for using it so much back in October...

Also noticed someone getting sick a few weeks ago there around lunch time... Not good. Go to look at the fossil stuff but don't eat there...

Samtastic
08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Sci-Fi was aweful! It is really the only time I've had a bad meal at Disney. I've never eaten at another restaurant in MGM since. I'll eat almost anything but it was so bad that I didn't eat it. It was cold and had no flavor.

But you're missing out of 50's!!! I had the greatest fried chicken!!!

Belle_0717
08-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Have to vote Rose & Crown for food and 50's for service.

At R&C, I got the chicken and it was really greasy! I didn't like anything.

At 50's the CM wasn't in character and we almost missed Fantasmic because she took forever to get the check and process the transaction. We went back SSR and let Guest Services know. They refunded the amount of the dinner from our hotel bill.

mvelez15
08-28-2007, 04:22 PM
My bad meal was also my fault.Ohana...it was great going down...but we all ate so much that we became ill. It was a cross between food coma and overdose....bad news

Mickey91
08-29-2007, 12:39 AM
I agree with a couple previous posters. The Columbia Harbour House, while having decent food, has incredibly RUDE servers. I cannot remember ever going in there that the CM taking my order was even close to being nice. The last time we were there, even the off duty CM I encountered was rude. Blamed the Christmas Season crowds on the dining plan and then told a lady there for the very first time, that these were lower than normal crowds.

Concourse Steakhouse gets the vote for Table service. The food was subpar and the waitstaff rude and slow.

Jeniflower
08-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Thw worst meal we had was on our first trip to wdw in 2004. We wnet to the sci fi diner and the food was cold the service was really slow and it was to dark to see. To top it off the waitress gave us the bill of the people who we were sharing the car with.
The second worst meal was in Bistro de Paris in epcot. The waiter was really rude and ridiculled us for not being able to pronouce the french to his satisfaction despite the fact that we really tried. Then he mixed my sister and I's orders up and left us to sort it out. There were only two of us so it couldn't have been hard (although we are identical twins!)

I agree with my evil twin on that score also in the Sci fi dinner, the menu wasn't clear enough ad their where ingredients in my meal that i couldn't eat, or wouldn't have been able to eat if the darn thing was not stone cold

Here we go again...
08-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Our worse meal had to be ABC Commisary at MGM last September. Incredibly long wait for less than average food.
I have been warned about ABC commisionary but ate there anyway in July... NEVER again. :ack:

My worst meal ever in WDW was at the Liberty Tree Tavern. All the meats were beyond dry, the mashed pots were flavorless, and the mac and cheese, Stouffer's, ewww. We loved the characters but the food, for us left quite a bit to be desired. :sorry: to those of you who love it I guess it's just not for us.
We felt the same way!! Every time I mention this to someone they look at me like I am crazy. Did we both have a bad night? I don't know... all I can say is yuck. :ack:

The first night we were at WDW in July, we had reservations at Ohana's. Now, the food was terrific but when we were served ~ family style ~ the bowl of vegetables, my husband took a bite and discovered the circular cardboard cutout from a box. We told our server and he apologized and we laughed and said it was fine and to not worry about it. The next thing we know, here comes the chef. He was also very apologetic and asked if there was anything he could do to make it up to us. We thought FOR SURE he would offer to buy us a drink or to not charge us for the meal or whatever so we, again, just laughed it off ~ thinking he would protest. Well, he didn't and thanked us and walked away. I was pretty bummed that we didn't get anything free out of the deal but that's just my 'frugal' disease :blush: But the food was DELICIOUS! :mickey:
Even if you say it in a joking way, let the server know what you want. If you had laughed and said "a free drink would be nice" they would have done it. You have to learn to ask for what you want. Being in customer service I have learned... unless they ask for something or unless you are worried about losing their business and apology goes a long way.

#1donaldfan
08-29-2007, 12:03 PM
2007 Prime Time Cafe........thought it was going to be a hoot....had some "set ups" to do to the kids and the waiter was like a zombie....service was extremely slow.....I can't even remember the food and it was only 3 months ago I was there......really, really disappointed.......but ..... we still had a great vacation......can't let one bad experience getcha' down.....

letsdoitagain
08-29-2007, 06:44 PM
I was there a few weeks ago and must say the food itself wasn't too bad (counter service) but the beverages were fowl! Anything they put ice in tasted like the nasty water that comes out of the fountains. I would only buy bottled beverages from the gift shops from now on.

katzctkpt
08-30-2007, 02:26 AM
The restaurant in Mexico at Epcot. Whatever I had was still moving. I'll never eat there again. Food smelled great but, didn't taste so great. You have to like true authentic mexican food to like this place. My kids swore they'd never eat a taco again....

mrsgaribaldi
08-30-2007, 08:30 AM
I guess we've been lucky. We never really had a bad sit down meal. But we don't usually eat alot of table service anyway. One place I did love was Rose & Crown. The food was great and our service was excellent:thumbsup: I just had to throw that in, sorry:blush:

NJGIRL
08-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Our's was at Tony's. We spent $60.00 on two plates of pasta with jarred Ragu Sauce on it.:sick: It was really bad.

SBETigg
08-30-2007, 03:54 PM
We just got back. It wasn't the worst meal ever, but I have to add that we were completely disappointed in Kona Cafe. Our meals were bland, pasty, just not that great. I expected so much more. Blech. We won't go back.

floridamom
08-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Worst food: Bongo's--very bland; when we asked for menu suggestions, even the waiter (who was Cuban) admitted that the food was not very flavorful.

Worst service: Big River Grille and Brewing Works at the Boardwalk. Indescribably rude service (and the food was pretty mediocre as well).

maizey05
09-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Another bad experience at Tony's. Service was SUPER SLOW. Appetizers were brought out, literally 1 minute before the entrees. I had the calamari. I've had it many times at Olive Garden etc. It wasn't cut into rings, but more like a pile of whole baby squids. It was greasy, nasty, and DH kept joking that I should watch out for a beak! I have a WDW cookbook, and I've made Tony's eggplant parmaesan, many times. When I ordered it there, it wasn't great...mine is 100% better, for some reason. We were served our food, and that was about it. I don't know if I will ever try Tony's again.