PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' with a 2 year old?

emmatink
06-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Just wondering if this ride is appropriate for a 2 and 1/2 year old. My daughter is very tall for her age and will meet the height requirement. I have not been on the ride yet and was just wondering if it is too intense for her age? She does not seem to be afraid of heights at all. She enjoys swinging and sliding down tall slides. Any input would be appreciated. :)

SBETigg
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
If she meets the height requirement, I think you'll be fine. It's pretty tame. You do go up in the air, so it is better if she is one for sitting still and doesn't mind heights-- though they have great seat belts with adjustors to fit kids, no worries.

DawsonAR
06-21-2007, 07:19 PM
When my son was 4 he was tall enough to ride. He was scared of a lot of other rides and shows so we were afraid to try it but we did. I'm glad we did. He loved it.

mook3y
06-21-2007, 07:51 PM
If your child is leary of heights, if you ask for a seat in the back row, when they lift off, they will be the lowest row. The front row is pretty high of the ground.

but as stated before, the seatbelts are designed so that their is a strap that is between the child's legs. no way they could slip out.

My son at 3 loved it.

Suz36
06-21-2007, 10:19 PM
My then 6 year old, who I must say is very timid on rides, hated it. She was pretty brave throughout, but when we got off she said she wouldn't get on again until she was 35! We didn't take my 3 year old on it, but he is also timid and probably didn't meet the height requirements. I think the effects were just a little too intense for her - she also didn't like Mickey's PhilharMagic.