PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Treat! Bring the Kleenex! Paul Potts [Merged Threads]

mickeys_princess_mom
06-21-2007, 03:22 PM
If you haven't seen and heard Paul Potts, the Welshman who is proof that dreams come true, you have got to look on YouTube and watch his performance in the British talent search. Treat yourself to this, and do have tissues handy! What a sweet man and story! Just wanted all of you to experience this with me--enjoy!

Jimenyfan
06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I saw him being interviewed with Meridith Veira this morning and I completely agree, what a treat and a great story.

Emily
06-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Well you got me curious so I just went and watched it and oh my gosh!!! He is amazing!! I have tears in my eyes! :crying: What an absolutely beautiful voice and completely unexpected. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

last real pirate
06-23-2007, 11:15 PM
that dude is cool, i put that video on my myspace page

Melanie
06-24-2007, 05:18 PM
WOW!!! I loved watching the judges reactions as well. I'm still wiping away the tears. Thanks for leading us to this great video!

CosmicRay
07-02-2007, 11:24 PM
DH showed that to me a while back and I can't help but watch it now and then. Everytime I do, I get all teary eyed. I love the reactions and the whole story!

Stan
07-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I just did a quick search and didn't see this posted here anywhere- sorry if this is a duplicate.

I'm not generally an Idol fan though DW is and she occasionally calls me in to see something- once in a while you do see something amazing.

Anyway, I ran across this clip of an unassuming looking cell phone salesman blowing away Simon Cowell etc with his opera performance on one of the British shows. I just keep watching it over and over- so amazing. It feels so good to see a "little guy" make it in the big time. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA

Melanie
07-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi Stan! :hi:

We have indeed been discussing this amazing man. I'm going to merge this thread with the other. :thumbsup:

Stan
07-08-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one tearing up on this one. Simon is about as tough as they come. Plus I read that Paul was wearing an old worn out suit, and had gotten a poor haircut (too short)- imagine having that happen to you right before your one big chance. :blush: I'm amazed Paul was able to deliver on demand.

I've never been an opera fan :ack: but this clip made me reconsider. :D

LibertyTreeGal
07-08-2007, 01:27 PM
I just watched him, I have never, in my life, cried so hard over music. He is exceptional. Wow!!!

Thanks Stan, for posting that link. I think I'll just keep crying for days.

Stan
07-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I loved how the audience went nuts after about 10 seconds of him singing. Every time I watch it I think, "great, now I'm going to cry again?" :unsure:

I kind of felt sorry for the others in that whole competition. Paul did go on to win it all, and it wasn't even much of a contest.

Christine
07-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I have absolutely no idea why that made me cry, but I am sitting here wiping away tears as I type! What a remarkable man with incredible talent!

Thanks for sharing this, and also for letting us know that he did go on to win...I would have been upset to learn otherwise after seeing something like that! :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
07-08-2007, 10:05 PM
I just finished watching the video and it brought tears to my eyes also. What a great voice he has.

Marilyn Michetti
10-30-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't know how many of you saw video "youtube" clips of the British version of American Idol, but this blew me away.

The competition, Britians Got Talent was auditioning thousands of acts, and the three judges, (one of them Simon Cowell), from American Idol had listened to all these horrible acts from dancing dogs to???.

Well......this short, chubby, downcast guy comes out, and say, "I want to sing opera". The judges all rolled their eyes, but they said "O.K., ready when you are". The rest is history. Paul Potts won the competition, is singing for the Queen, and has recorded his first album, ONE CHANCE, which has sold 70K copies in the few weeks it's been out.

I'm telling you, just "google" Paul Potts, and let me know what YOUR reaction is.:thumbsup:

mickeysworld
10-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Saw him on TV and his Today show appearance. Simply incredible, amazing! What a voice! and he seems really humble and amazed that all of this is happening to him! So happy for him and lucky us we get to enjoy that incredible voice!

merlinmagic4
10-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I LOVED this story............saw the videos on YouTube and was amazed. One of the best stories I've seen lately :thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
10-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Posted about this earlier cause I wanted to share him with you all. He is awesome!!! I cry every time I watch it!

Melanie
10-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I was going to say that there was an earlier thread about this as well. I'm going to send this down to Movies, Music, etc. and merge the threads. :thumbsup:

alphamommy
10-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Wow! A local radio station has played the audio of Paul Potts' performance several times, but it is even better with the video - the reaction of the crowd and the judges was great!

I'm so glad he won - I wonder how someone like him would do on "Idol" here in the US.

Wow again!

NotaGeek
10-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Wow! A local radio station has played the audio of Paul Potts' performance several times, but it is even better with the video - the reaction of the crowd and the judges was great!

I'm so glad he won - I wonder how someone like him would do on "Idol" here in the US.

Wow again!

He wouldn't even make it on American Idol. That show is essentially about being the whole package (even though some winners in the past haven't really done much) ... Paul Potts won the American Version of "So you Wanna Be a Star or America's Got Talent" which are open to anybody with any sort of talent, not just younger folk.

mickeys_princess_mom
10-31-2007, 02:53 PM
I think, in addition to the heart with which he performs, and his awesome talent, the reaction of the crowd is one of the things that gets to everybody. You can see how he touches them, and how they are rooting for him...

Emily
10-31-2007, 08:06 PM
I picked up his CD a few weeks ago. :thumbsup: Love him! Really a great story, I'm happy for him. :)