PDA

View Full Version : Rock N Roller Coaster - STILL DOWN ???

JANNINO
06-21-2007, 02:59 PM
We just got back from WDW yesterday and the RNRC was down since last week. One of the CMs said there was a major problem with it and they did not know when it would be up and running. Figures - the two rides I wanted to see this trip was RNRC and the American Adventure (which was also down).

Does anyone know whats keeping RNRC down??

Disney4
06-21-2007, 04:43 PM
The California Screamer at DCA was down a couple times when I used to frequent that park a few years ago. The main culprit was parts for the main vehicle launch system. Accourding to a CM, spares were not stocked, primarily becuase preventative maintenance made them highly reliable and keeping inventory on the parts was cost prohibitive. The downside was the lead-time for getting spares to replace the failed mechanism.

Since RnR uses a similar launch system, I would bet that could be the culprit.

I would also bet one of our fellow "Intercoters" in the know could confirm or deny this theory!

LudwigVonDrake
06-21-2007, 04:53 PM
I thought I had read elsewhere that the problem was found and solved. I guess not? :confused:

Figment!
06-21-2007, 05:21 PM
According to attraction Cast, Rock'n Rollercoaster re-opened in the late evening of the 17th after being closed off-and-on on the 15th and all day on the 16th due to technical difficulties.

The technical difficulties were reported as a faulty sensor in the launch system.

WDWfanatic742
06-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Reportly, it was one of the sensors dealing with the launch. So when they were running it during that time, the limo's would launch a few seconds after the green light goes on and would surprise everyone on the limo.

DisneyFreak23
06-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Reportly, it was one of the sensors dealing with the launch. So when they were running it during that time, the limo's would launch a few seconds after the green light goes on and would surprise everyone on the limo.

Scary:scared:

Babe the Blue Ox
06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
I rode it several times on the evening of the 15th. Never had a problem and it wasn't down any of the times that I visited.

JANNINO
06-25-2007, 02:10 PM
I was there the night of the 17th and the attraction was still down and the CM on site said it would be some time before the attraction would be up and running. Maybe the ride was up real late on the 17th. In either case, myself and my 7 year old missed it again. We'll have to hope it is up and running in November.

Given the recent tragedy with that little girl on the superman ride, it is better that they take these rides offline to ensure safety.