PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' Strategy - and Please be Polite

Goes4FastPass
06-21-2007, 02:23 PM
By now you've heard the best place to sit for Soarin' is B1. By 'B1' people mean seating section B, row 1. When the seats move into show position, B1 becomes the center top row.

We very much prefer this view, you're (B) center and (1) top so no feet are dangling above you and you have the best view of the whole screen.

Here's how we sit in B1: When we get the part where guests break out into rows we politely ask the CM, "Can we wait for B1?" that seems to be enough because s/he always says something to the effect of "go stand over there" which has so far been in the middle but against the wall opposite the doors you'll go through to board the ride. The CMs fill all the seats then the preshow video plays and everyone (except us) enters the theater. The doors close and we're alone. We still wait 'til the CM comes back by us and tells, us "OK" or something like it and we say, "Thank you."

Notice please, we're willing to wait one ride (~5 minutes) and we're polite about it.

I worry a little that if "everyone" wants to sit in B1 then the possibility will go away.

B1 is really worth waiting one ride length for so please ask... and be polite.

SBETigg
06-21-2007, 02:30 PM
My favorite is actually the middle row. I think it's a better view even with the dangling feet because you can't see the edges of the screen so it feels more believable. My DH is like you and prefers B1. But we take what we're assigned quite happily and never ask for special seating. We ride enough that we end up in our preferred seats at least some of the time just by chance.

It is one of those cases where almost everyone would probably prefer B1 and on our last trip, on one of the rides, they told people who politely asked for the row that they would have to get back in line and try again if it meant that much to them. So apparently, it depends on the CM's willingness to accommodate and simply asking politely will not work every time. But it's worth a shot.

Ian
06-21-2007, 02:52 PM
As long as the CM's are okay with it then I see no issue.

It's no different, IMO, than asking to wait for the very front/back of a roller coaster, which people have been doing for years.

I agree 100% that the ride experience is B1 is significantly better to the point that it's worth the wait.

Melanie
06-21-2007, 03:00 PM
B1 is the only way for me! :thumbsup:

I've always asked (politely, I might add) and have never been turned down. Like Ian said, folks have been asking for years for specific seating on other rides.

JPL
06-21-2007, 03:09 PM
B1 is definately the best experience it changes the entire ride experience:thumbsup:

Lizzie
06-21-2007, 03:10 PM
I didn't know what it was called. But my whole group got B1 (apparantly) once our last trip and we were so excited as we sat down.

snifflesmcg
06-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Hmm, I never noticed. I'm going to have to see where I sit next time.

DizneyRox
06-21-2007, 03:20 PM
B3 is pretty good as well. You feel a lot closer to the water/trees/mountain tops, etc. I never really notice the feet in my way; I'm usually too busy looking for details in the movie to notice much else.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-21-2007, 03:26 PM
I was telling my pals last trip, as we gazed up at the tootsies above us, wouldn't it be fun to squirt water on their toes and really make them experience the ocean? :secret::funny:

Tinkermom
06-21-2007, 03:57 PM
I have always wanted to sit there but did not think we could request it. I think on our trip in July we will politely be asking for B1! :mickey:Thanks Goes4FastPass!:thumbsup:

DNS
06-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I actually like the dangling feet because it helps me settle my dizzies since I'm afraid of heights. I know, it seems like a strange thing to ride for me, but I can't help but love it and I keep hoping it will somehow help my fear. I just have to shut my eyes a lot and look up at the feet.:blush:

LoriMistress
06-21-2007, 05:22 PM
B2 would be a perfect spot expect for the dangling feet. In all honestly the ride isn't all that great. I've been on it numerous times at DCA.

DisneyDudet
06-21-2007, 07:18 PM
We went on it the month it opened. We learned from the Intercotees that got to ride it early, that B1 was the way to go. So, we asked the first time we rode it for B1 for a great first time. They obviously didn't know what to do at that time, so they said we'd have to wait. We said thats fine, we didn't wait at all d/t FP. Anyway, they do seem a little bothered at times, but they know people want a good seat. We do this all the time at ToT. We like front row on ToT and we let them know, 3 for front row, and if we can, they put us there. If not, we wait.

If we're just wanting to ride and need to go, we just take our seats or if there's no one in line, we simply go ahead and fill their car.

I don't think everyone will be asking for B1. There may be a time when there's a few already waiting, but I'm sure they'll let you know what you can do. If you do encounter a rude CM, you can report them. Its not guaranteed to get your choice, but there's no reason for them to be rude.

Just have fun, and try not to hog the good rows!

Narawen
06-22-2007, 12:42 AM
If the CMs let you wait for B1, go for it! I love those seats, much better than the dangling feet. On our trip, we waited for the next ride to get that row and ended up being rewarded with dream fastpasses as well as the best seats. :mickey: