PDA

View Full Version : What's a good MNSSHP parade viewing spot?

Disneyatic
06-21-2007, 12:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for the best place to view the special parade during MNSSHP?
Our first trip to WDW was last year and each time we watched the parade we got a spot right in front of the castle. It was a lot of waiting to secure the spot! But I have seen people mention that they watch the parades from Liberty Square or Frontierland and think it would be cool to see it from a different spot.

Any suggestions on good viewing spots would be appreciated! I can't wait to see the headless horseman! Also, we are not overly familiar with the parks so the more specific the better :mickey:

Goes4FastPass
06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
There are effects on Main Street like projected lights - we enjoyed the parade incl HHorseman there.

tomatoe pie
06-21-2007, 02:26 PM
mnsshp parade is my favorite. all the special effects are spectacular from allmost anywhere in the park.

:mickey:

pook@wdw
06-21-2007, 06:59 PM
We viewed the parade in Frontierland right across from Pecos Bill's. We sat on the ground under the rope (front of the crowd-got our spot early) and could see the start of the parade coming out beside Splash Mountain. After the last float, we were able to go on SM and BTMRR with little wait. But the icing on the cake was our ride on POTC at midnight with none other that Cap'n Hook himself!!:thumbsup:

mainemajor
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
We sat down right next to the turkey cart in Frontier and it was a great location. When the horseman came by it sent shivers up my spine.

ryca1dreams
06-26-2007, 08:01 AM
We've usually been on Main Street right before the bridge. It has never been extremely crowded there in the past. The ony concern is that there are street lights there that you may not enjoy.

AwPhooey
06-26-2007, 08:09 AM
We sat across the street from Pecos Bill and had a pretty decent spot.

More important than the location, however, is that you have a spot before the parade starts -- you don't want to miss the beginning!!

Mickey91
06-26-2007, 08:09 AM
We have enjoyed it the most on Main Street USA. We watched one year in Liberty Square and the crowd was terrible! Even at the late showing.

mook3y
06-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Last year, we watched the parade from the circle hub right across from the castle. Yes, it was a lot of waiting, but we had flew in that day and all were a little tired anyways. But what we loved about it was that we were able to see the Villains show very easily from our spot.

Plus, loved the headless horseman as he entered into the hub!

RocknRoller94
07-26-2007, 02:30 PM
I like to see it at Frontierland, but Main Street is a good place.:mickey:

CleveSJM
07-26-2007, 02:44 PM
We watched it from the "boardwalk" side in Frontierland. There are a couple spots where the boundary rope goes right over the edge of the "boardwalk/sidewalk". It was great. The little ones sat on the boardwalk edge and the bigs stood behind them.

Get a spot early for the Headless Horseman and keep an eye out for the Gravediggers dance. Fantastic!