PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the cake hotline?

alliekat
06-21-2007, 09:17 AM
I recently learned that there is now a cake hotline available for ordering cakes when you are celebrating special events while at WDW. I called and got some general information, but I was wondering if anone has used it, were the cakes good? I know you can get a basic cake for about $13 with no advance notice at many of the on site restaurants. Then there are more cake options that require additional notice and money. Any input would be appreciated. here is the number for anyone interested 407-827-2253.
Thanks!:eat:

lovetheprincesses
06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
We ordered a Jasmine cake for DD's b'day, and had it delivered to our room, and it was the smallest that they put a design on. It was about $80. The "Jasmine" was made out of sugar art and cost $30 itself.

dolphinmickey9170
06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
:mickey:I have used this twice. We ordered a wedding cake last year that was 10 inches wide and 4 inches tall. It was marble and filled with custard and fresh strawberries. It was decorated with buttercream frosting and blue and silver mickey heads. We had a white chocolate cinderella castle as the topper. It was $50. I think they gave us a deal because......, we ordered another marble cake this year for by DD's 16th birthday. This one was $40 without a topper and the cake was the same size. Anyhow, the cakes are really good. They have so many flavors and fillings to choose from. Good luck!!

Bethanymouse
06-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Is there a website?

ElenitaB
06-22-2007, 02:43 AM
No website (don't you wish). I guess this eliminate the issue of creating guest expectations when the cake doesn't turn out exactly like the one seen online.

The new "Cake Hotline" is for guests who want to request a special, personalized cake for various celebrations at most table service dining locations. The Cake Hotline number is 407-827-2253 and requires 48 hours notice. Guests may also request a 6-inch cake (non-personalized) upon arrival at the podium of restaurant for $12.50 + tax (no advance notice required).

snifflesmcg
06-22-2007, 03:18 AM
No website (don't you wish).

Yes I do!!!! I'd love to see all the Disney cakes. I decorate cakes on the side as a hobbie and I would be in heaven just to look at them all day.

avantgardeinker
06-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know the sizing and pricing for the cakes? We're thinking of doing this for my in-law's 40th wedding anniversary and would really like to budget for it.

167 more days!
:mickey:

Goofy Pluto
06-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know how far ahead in advance you need to call?

Gusgus
06-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know how far ahead in advance you need to call?

ElenitaB's post above says 48 hours notice for something special. You can walk up the the podium of a eatery with no notice for a plain cake with your dinner.

Gusgus

mickeys_princess_mom
06-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Please tell me about wedding cake possibilities and experiences....We had a tiny little wedding, and I would love to pick out something fancy for our thirtieth anniversary trip next year...Not big, just fancy...

edwards2301
06-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the great post allikat:thumbsup: We will be celebrating DD 3rd birthday when we are down there and the CM's gave me the cake hotline number and I was wondering if I could find out information without calling. Great!!! I will definately be using it a month from today.:mickey: