PDA

View Full Version : BW Wait list

dolphinmickey9170
06-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I am on a waitlist for BW for December...do you think I will, by any chance of pixie dust, get it? If we don't, we'll be at OKW, which is already booked.

Have you ever been on the wait list and gotten the resort you wanted? They won't tell me how many names might be ahead of mine.

Sunshine1010
06-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I was going on a 10 trip to WDW in December. Just last month I was able to book 5 nights at the BW, but the rest of the days were unavailable....I would have to switch resorts mid-trip.

Like you, MS told me they couldn't tell me how many were in front of me for the waitlist (for the rest of my trip).

They did state, however, that it and WL were the most requested DVC resorts for December....and that I had a chance to get the rest of the days...but not a very good chance.

I waited a month and I still didn't get any word.

Now I DO know that I still have 5-6 months to possibly get these days...but the risk was just too much for me. I did NOT want to have to switch resorts.

So, because of that, I cancelled my ressies (just 1-2 weeks ago) and instead, booked a 10 day stay at WL in January.

Got all the days I wanted....no problem.

I'd rather go in December.....but the options I wanted were not available:
- Boardwalk for all 10 days
- Boardwalk view

So, because of that - I changed and I am VERY happy with the result I got for the WL.

Note: I checked the availability for BW on my new dates...and only 4 days were available. The rest were booked for my specific dates in January.

Again - I'm VERY happy I got all 10 days at the WL.

Good Luck.

CarolMN
06-21-2007, 08:56 AM
I am on a waitlist for BW for December...do you think I will, by any chance of pixie dust, get it? If we don't, we'll be at OKW, which is already booked. If you are waiting for the first week of December and didn't get on the list until the 7 month window, I don't think your chances are very good. That is the most popular week of the year for DVC members to visit WDW. There were waitlists for that week before the 7 month window even opened. If you want to stay at the BWV during the first week of December, you really need to own there and book at the 11 month window - otherwise you'll be on the waitlist!

If you are waiting for a Boardwalk view or a standard view anytime in December, I don't think your chances are very good.

Have you ever been on the wait list and gotten the resort you wanted? They won't tell me how many names might be ahead of mine.MS really can't tell you because of how the waitlist works.

For example, let's say you are waitlisted for 12/2 -12/8, Member A is waitlist for 12/4, Member B wants 12/5 -12/6 and Member C wants 12/2 -12/5. Let's also say that you got on the waitlist in the order I listed - you, A, B, and finally C.

Now let's say that someone cancelled the nights of 12/2, 12/3, 12/4 & 12/5. Who gets the nights?

You don't - it doesn't match your request and MS doesn't hold dates for you waiting for the others to become available.

Member A gets 12/4.

The other days, 12/2, 12/3 & 12/5 go back into general inventory. If someone calls and wants them, they would get them because right now, they don't match anyone's waitlist request.

As you see, you can be "first" on a waitlist and someone who got on it after you might get their request before you get yours. Knowing "where you stand" isn't really very helpful. That's why MS won't tell you where you stand - they don't know when or in what combination the days might become available.

The example also shows why some people say waitlisting for individual days increases your chances of getting what you want. In the example, if you had waitlisted for each day individually, you would have gotten all of the days that became available: 12/2, 12/3, 12/4 & 12/5 - all of the days that became available. Then you would only be waiting for 12/6, 12/7 & 12/8. Of course you would take the risk of not all the days coming through and then you would have to move back and forth. Many do not want to take that chance.

Hope yours waitlist comes through. If not, OKW is a nice resort, too.

dolphinmickey9170
06-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info. I didn't really look at it that way. But it makes total sense.

We are waiting for 12/15-21. But I didn't want to move in the middle of our trip either. With six of us and one being a baby...it is just too much. So, we'll stay with OKW!! I'm just happy that I got that. So cool.:cloud9:

50 and 176 more days

Sunshine1010
06-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Have fun