PDA

View Full Version : F&WF - Party for the Senses

MouseManiac
06-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Looking for guidance from you veterans out there... This will be our first trip during F&WF and need a crash course in Party for the Senses! Everything from what's the deal (ie: when are they held, how are they held, etc.)to when to call for ADR. We will be there for the first weekend (9/28-2/1)... What do you think our chances are?

Thanks in advance for all your hard earned knowledge!

Cheers!:wine:

SallyP
06-21-2007, 07:04 AM
when are they held

Traditionally they have been held every Saturday night during the entire F&WF.
There is a check-in process, they take your name, check-off attendance, give you a wine glass and I think they put a bracelet on you. The crowd to check-in is forming by 30 minutes prior to the party outside the double doors of the World Showplace (between Canada and England). It's a good idea to get in line early so that you can get a good table. It's first come, first serve for the tables. Although I have seen "Reserved" tables in years past but I don't know how you get them. Maybe Disney people or Distributors?

how are they held
Party for the Senses is the world's largest cocktail party. Food cooking stations are set up, mainly in the center of the hall and the wine stations are intermingled throughout. You receive a guidebook when you enter that tells you what food and what wines are being served that night. In our experience, the food and wine selections are different from Saturday to Saturday.
I usually walk around and look at everything first but DH studies the guidebook and then makes a beeline for his choices. Disney has done a good job over the years learning how to handle the flow of people. There are usually lines at most of the food and wine stations. The noise level is high just like at any cocktail party plus this one has booming music and Cirque performers. It is a Party for all the Senses.

when to call for ADR
Reservations open on Monday August 6, 7 AM for all the F&W events: 407-WDW-FEST
You shouldn't have a problem getting a reservation. Now, waiting to that week would be a problem but if you book on August 6 chances are high that you'll get in.
We attended 2 last year and enjoyed both of them. Like I said over the years it has greatly improved in every aspect.

Joanna
06-21-2007, 10:22 AM
This will be our first time at this event also and I was wondering how everything worked. Thanks for asking & answering this question!

mickey-mouse35
06-22-2007, 05:21 PM
How long does the party last per evening? My hubby is a S L O W eater! :secret:

SallyP
06-22-2007, 07:46 PM
How long does the party last per evening? My hubby is a S L O W eater! :secret:

I'm remembering 6-9. I know they try to start getting us out of there for Illuminations but we never seem to make it. :wine: If you still have wine in your souvenir glass as you are leaving, the CMs graciously pour it into a frosted plastic Mickey cup and bag your wine glass for you. Nice touch.

Joanna
06-22-2007, 10:23 PM
I think I remember reading somewhere that in addition to wine, beer and champagne that there is water available? Is that true?

SallyP
06-23-2007, 06:40 AM
I think I remember reading somewhere that in addition to wine, beer and champagne that there is water available? Is that true?

Yes there is water, soda and coffee available. I don't know where it is in the room but there are many CMs whisking away empty plates etc, that are more than willing to help find things for you.
We had 2 teenagers at our table last year and they were drinking a cola-like soda, so that's why I think it is available.

GAN
06-23-2007, 07:40 AM
This is a not-to-be-missed event if you enjoy food and wine. They basically break the room up into sections, each with maybe 3 or 4 different choices plus desserts being prepared in front of you and each with maybe 10 wine selections. I'm a relatively picky eater and tried some things that I wouldn't normally try -everything was absolutely phenomenal. There are several levels of wines to choose from, the everyday affordable(by my standards anyway) to the $100+ variety. You can eat /drink all that you care for. The only thing that I will mention is that there are far fewer tables(with chairs) than people. They mostly have hi-top bar style tables -which people roam and mingle to and from. Basically, if you get a table with chairs you are set for the night -I didn't notice people moving in on those once someone settled into them. With the Hi-tops, after you leave to venture off someone else will use the table. Then after you get your food or wine the search for a Hi-top will begin again. It sounds uncomfortable but it is a very good arrangement and leads itself to more mingling -if you see a party of 2 at a hi-top, invite yourself to share. We met many people this way -it also allows you to share ideas of what should not be missed along the lines of the food and wine. Bottom line is that it's well worth the money. MouseManiac, were from RI -we'll be there the first week as well, hope to see you there!