PDA

View Full Version : Smoking areas well marked/Easy to find?

chick20679
06-20-2007, 04:27 PM
I know smoking is a touchy subject, but I was wondering if there were any smokers that could tell me how well marked the smoking spots are in the World, and how easy they are to find. My boyfriend smokes, and I want to be sure that we can find the designated spots easily so that we don't bother/offend anyone. I've tried to get him to quit, but to no avail, and he really doesn't smoke very much, (so hopefully won't need to have one in the parks very often) but just wanted info on the spots for our knowledge. Thanks for any help .

Brer Mickey
06-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Non-smoker here, but to answer your question, yes, the designated smoking areas are well-marked and easy to find, and numerous to boot, i.e. Epcot has 23 DSAs.

In addition, they are clearly marked on all the guidemaps so you should have no problems finding them. And while you're right about smoking being a touchy subject, let's not forget Walt himself was a smoker and if he were around today to visit WDW, he too would have to smoke in the DSAs.:D

kakn7294
06-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I too am a nonsmoker but I can tell you from our last trip with a smoker that yes, the designated smoking areas are marked and easy to find. As previously stated, they are also marked on the guidemaps to help direct you there.

CM~Mserrano
06-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Every CM should also know where the nearest smoking area is. When I went through training at M:S that was one of the things that was covered in the outside greeter positions. Any CM will be happy to lead you in the right direction, especially because that means if you go there they won't have to say something to you later if you're not in a designated area :)

chick20679
06-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks so much for the info!! I really appreciate it! :D