PDA

View Full Version : Pirate & Princess Party on Aug 11th

Pinoke68
06-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm having difficulty with Disney's decision to schedule this party on that night. First of all, this is a Saturday in early August-and they are planning on closing the park at 7pm for the party!! How are they are going to get all of the regular day visitors to leave that early (especially since it'll still be broad daylight out)?

We were planning on spending that day at MK and are now forced to switch around our plans.:mad:Even if we're there at park opening, there's no way that we'll want to leave at 7.

I see on this website that park hours for Aug 8-18 are 9am to 10pm, so that conflicts with what Disney is saying. The Disney website shows 9-7 hours that day, but has Wishes scheduled (for 10 in the morning!)

Does anyone think that Disney will re-think their plans and cancel that night's party or schedule it for a later hour?

kakn7294
06-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Nope, the plans are set as far as the party goes. The tickets have been on sale for some time now and they aren't going to cancel and have to refund all those people who have bought tickets for that day. We were planning on visiting MK what turned out to be the first 3 days of P&P parties in August. We've just resigned ourselves to the fact that the parties are happening and perhaps we'll park hop instead. We are attending the party on August 18 - another Saturday.

Pinoke68
06-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Bummer.

I guess we'll just go to the Kingdom on Friday the 10th instead. I wanted to avoid that day because it's an EMH evening and I'm assuming it's going to be mobbed.

kakn7294
06-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah, it pretty much stinks that your time in the parks is cut short. We planned those days and made our ADR's before the announcement of the parties. I could have changed, but it would involve multiple changes and it wasn't worth the effort. We'll just park hop as necessary to maximize our time.