PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Resort Restaurant Renovations

Figment!
06-20-2007, 01:02 PM
1/24/09

The new Outer Rim lounge has opened at the site of the former Tempo Grab-and-Go.

12/21/08

The Temp Grab and Go location has been walled off behind construction walls and the location has been begun to be razed. A new Outer Rim Lounge will reportedly be constructed on this location.

11/15/08

The Contempo Cafe opened today on the Grand Concourse level. The new permanent counter service location offers Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. The location offers the same touch-screen quick order podiums that have been utilized at Captain Cook's Snack Company. As Guests customize their entrées and sides at these ordering podiums, their choices directly effect the pricing of the meal. Due to this procedure, prices are not posted on the menu boards.

Current hours of operation are as follows:

Grab & Go Snacks: 6:00 am – 7:00 am
Breakfast: 7:00 am – 11:00 am
Lunch: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Dinner: 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Grab & Go Snacks: 10:00 pm - Midnight

Current offerings are as follows:

Breakfast offerings include items such as french toast, waffles, scrambled eggs, breakfast burritos, and assorted pastries.

Lunch offerings include item such as made-to-order salads, flatbreads, spice crusted mahi, assorted deli sandwiches, angus burgers, and assorted bagged chips.

Dinner offerings include item such as assorted pasta, made-to-order salads, pita pizza, flatbreads, spice crusted mahi, vegetable feta bake, assorted deli sandwiches, hot open-face beef sandwich, angus burgers, and assorted bagged chips.

8/4/08

According to Disney Dining Plan literature published for 2009, the name of the new quick service location will be "Contempo Cafe".

7/23/08

The Outer Rim closed for rennovations late last week. Over the weekend the entire area was engulfed by the nearby construction walls and razed. Upon the closure, Resort Cast have been instructed to direct Guests inquiring about lounge offerings to the new bar area located in The Wave restaraunt.

7/2/08

The new Contemporary Grounds location opened in the lobby of the Contemporary resort last week. The new version of this coffee bar offers coffee, cappuccinos, lattes, mochas, espressos, tea, hot chocolate, chai tea lattes, iced coffees, iced lattes, iced mochas, and iced teas in three different sizes priced $2.50 -$6.00. The location also offers flavored version of all of its beverages for a $0.50 surcharge. The location also offers a variety of pastries. muffins, and cookies for $3.00 each.

Reports are starting to circulate that the Outer Rim lounge will close for in Mid-July 2008 and re-open in a new location in Winter 2008.

6/16/08

The Wave opened to accept Dinner Seating reservations on June 7, 2008. Due to construction delays, the expected "walk-up only" period starting June 1, 2008 did not occur. The resort added additional seatings at existing dining venues to compensate for the loss of the table service option from June 1 till the evening of June 7.

Initials menus based on information from dining reservations and Guest reports have been added here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1659662#post1659662).

The Wave is currently offering Breakfast 7:30 am - 11:00 am, Lunch Noon - 2:00 pm, and Dinner 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm daily. Lounge service is currently being offered daily Noon - Midnight.

5/22/08

The Wave has extended Advanced Dining Reservations to June 8, 2008 and beyond up to 180 days in advance.

The Wave has also opened Advanced Dining Reservations for June 7, 2008 for the Dinner Seating only.

The location is expected to open Early June 2008 and operate until the evening of the 7th on a walk-up basis only.

5/2/08

Walt Disney World Resort releases detailed Press Release on The Wave (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1637916&postcount=34)

4/18/08

Dining Reservations has confirmed that these items (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1607001&postcount=29)are some of the menu items the Wave plans to serve at the time of opening.

4/14/08

The Wave has opened Advanced Dining Reservations for June 30, 2008 and beyond up to 180 days in advance.

The location is expected to open Early June 2008 and operate until the 30th on a walk-up basis only.

It has been internally announced that the location will participate as a standard Table Service location in the Disney Dining Plan and the Disney Dining Experience programs for the remainder of 2008. It has also been announced that the location will accept Cast Member, Annual Passholder and Disney Vacation Club member Dining related discounts as applicable.

4/8/08

The Walt Disney World Resort has released the following details about the forthcoming The Wave restaurant:

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
April 2, 2008

Disney Diners Catch The Wave

This summer, The Wave debuts at Disney's Contemporary Resort, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Located on the first floor with a "superlounge," the upscale restaurant will offer "bold American cooking with flavors from all over the world." The seasonal menu will feature local and regional products when possible, organic beers and trendy cocktails such as the "antioxidant cosmo" with açai juice. The innovative wine list has a quirky claim to fame -- all screw caps, no corks. Cutting-edge wines from around the globe will be showcased.
3/10/08

Resort Cast are reporting that the Concourse Steakhouse's day of operation has been delayed till May 31th, 2008. Accordingly, it has been further reported that the location is now scheduled to be closed for renovations starting June 1st, 2008. It has not been reported how this delay in closure may effect the opening of the replacing Counter Service Location. It can be assumed that it would delay the opening by ~20 days, but this has not been confirmed.

Resort Cast have also reported that construction is continuing on converting the Food & Fun Center to The Wave. The Wave is reportedly set for a "June 2008" opening date.

The following is an updated schedule regarding the restaurant renovation/replacement plans of the Contemporary Resort based on the recent update:

September 12, 2007 through May 2008 - The Food & Fun Center will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as a new table service option, "The Wave".

June 1 through Late August 2008 -The Concourse Steak House will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as the new Counter Service location for the resort.

September 12, 2007 through Late August 2008 - "Tempo Grab and Go" will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge as a temporary Counter Service option.

dolphinmickey9170
06-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks Jason.

KAT1811
06-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Okay so if CS's previous location is being turned into a CS location where is the new Concourse going to relocate? We have ADR's there for September and are looking forward to dining there, no even more so since it will be all "new".

Figment!
06-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Okay so if CS's previous location is being turned into a CS location where is the new Concourse going to relocate?The Concourse Steak House is not relocating.

We have ADR's there for September and are looking forward to dining there, no even more so since it will be all "new".I believe you mis-read the dates. "The Wave", a new table service option effectively replacing the Concourse Steak House, is scheduled to open April 2008. The Concourse Steak House is scheduled to close during that same time period.

KAT1811
06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
:doh: For some reason when I read it my eyes and brain weren't communicating!!!

I'll miss Concourse Steakhouse. I'll be interested to see what The Wave will be serving.

potzie
06-21-2007, 12:03 PM
I will really miss the Concourse Steakhouse. I have fond memories of my son going nuts everytime a monorail came by while we were eating. I guess we'll have to enjoy it one last time when we go this September. It's such a great space, a counter service seems a waste for the atmosphere.

Cheers,

Potzie

Red Randal
06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
It will be nice to have a truly "quiet" and more adult oriented restaurant there, though, which seems like something they could use with the convention center. Sure, it took them about 40 years to figure that out, but at least they finally did.

Sounds like a mess over there for the next year or so. Glad I made it there last year before the craziness started.

Goofy Pluto
06-21-2007, 03:13 PM
We only went to Concourse once but really liked it. I'm disappointed to see that it's closing. We won't get back before it's gone. :sad:

beksy
07-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew if the food court would still be open 24 hours in its temporary location during renovations? Thanks! :mickey:

Figment!
07-18-2007, 04:23 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew if the food court would still be open 24 hours in its temporary location during renovations?

This has yet to be announced.

DisneyCrazy
07-18-2007, 08:19 PM
It will be nice to have a truly "quiet" and more adult oriented restaurant there, though, which seems like something they could use with the convention center. Sure, it took them about 40 years to figure that out, but at least they finally did.

Actually the Contemporary once had an adult oriented restaurant which was located on the
2nd floor named the Gulf Coast Room. It was once of the few resaturants which required coats and ties for men. I believe it was closed when the convention center was added.

wdw_bound
07-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Whew, am I glad I listened to that little voice in my head. When I originally booked our trip for next December, WL did not have the room type I wanted, so we went with the Contemporary (Garden Wing). It is my in-laws first trip to the world, and it is important opportunity for my kids to make memories with their grandparents, as neither MIL or FIL are in the best of health. Try as I might, I just couldn't get excited about CR. I kept calling until we got into WL. Now that they've announced the Food and Fun Center will be closed, I"m glad we could get into WL - a temporary Grab-n-go would not have been optimal for our family.

Thanks for the heads up!

Clay Ransone
07-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I will really miss the Concourse Steakhouse. I have fond memories of my son going nuts everytime a monorail came by while we were eating. I guess we'll have to enjoy it one last time when we go this September. It's such a great space, a counter service seems a waste for the atmosphere.

I agree with you 100%. The Concourse Steakhouse is, soon to be was, my favorite place for dinner at WDW. I'm glad I paid a visit to the Concourse Steakhouse last November. I wish it was not my last. Oh well we must keep moving forward even if we don't like it.

Figment!
09-14-2007, 07:16 PM
**Update**

ccp1
09-15-2007, 11:13 AM
So then it wasn't all a bad dream. My favorite restaurant really is relocating away from the monorail. :(

Tinkermom
09-15-2007, 01:37 PM
When we were at the Contemporary in July there was a small arcade in a temporary location. It was on the same level as the shops. We had a really fun time there one night. Is this temporary arcade going to still be there during the Food and Fun renovations? :confused: We will be back there in February and were hoping to take the kids back to the arcade.

Figment!
09-16-2007, 12:07 PM
When we were at the Contemporary in July there was a small arcade in a temporary location.It was on the same level as the shops

That is acutally the new arcade, now known as The Game Station, it is not a temporary location.

Part of the on-going renovations included separating the arcade from the Counter Service location of the resort.

When the renovations are complete, they will still be in proximity of each other on the Grand Concourse level, but not part of the same venue.

Tinkermom
09-16-2007, 03:23 PM
That is acutally the new arcade, now known as The Game Station, it is not a temporary location.

Part of the on-going renovations included separating the arcade form the Counter Service location of the resort.

When the renovations are complete, they will still be in proximity of each other on the Grand Concourse level, but not part of the same venue.

Ah, got it. We were told by one of the CM's that the arcade was in a temporary location. It is so much smaller than the old one. Oh well, at least it is still there. Thanks for the clarification!:thumbsup:

Figment!
11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
**Update**

Figaro
11-16-2007, 08:59 PM
I can tell you, as far as I know, the arcade will be there for the foreseeable future. I was there this evening for a few hours working the counter. :mickey: The Steakhouse date around May sounds about right, also. :thumbsup:

Figment!
03-10-2008, 01:59 PM
**Update**

pdrlkr
03-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey:

brer frog
03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
So the arcade is still in operation? just smaller and in a new location? that is my groups favorite arcade. We all have contempary mugs, do you still have the free refills someplace for the mugs?

BMan62
03-20-2008, 10:28 AM
So, "The Wave" opens around the first of June?? When will Dining Planners know about it and will it be immediately on the DDP listing or go the way of "Yak & Yeti" and be 'first come, first served" for a while?

I called this morning to start making our ADR's for our September trip and they knew nothing about "The Wave."

Figment!
03-21-2008, 01:09 AM
So the arcade is still in operation? just smaller and in a new location? Essentialy, yes.

When will Dining Planners know about it Most new dining locations do not open reservations sooner than 30 days in advance of the opening date.

will it be immediately on the DDP listing The location will likley be on the Disney Dining Plan when it opens, however; no announcment has been made pertaining to the new location's participation in the Disney Dining Plan.

More than likley, Disney will not republish a Disney Dining Plan Participating Locations list till 2009 that reflects locations added during 2008.

BMan62
03-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks, Jason.

Maybe we'll try to hit it with our one OOP day on our September trip.

Figment!
04-08-2008, 01:43 PM
**Update**

Figment!
04-14-2008, 11:35 PM
**Update**

Figment!
04-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Breakfast
Eggs Benedict
Homemade Granola
Make your own Omelet
Multigrain Mickey Waffle

Breakfast Beverage
Beta Berry Smoothie
Non-fat Yogurt and Soy Protein.
Organic Columbian Coffee
Peach, Mango and Honey Smoothie
Raspberries Non-Fat Yogurt Smoothie
Supercharged Tropical Smoothie

Children's Breakfast
Children's Cereal
Children's Eggs
Children's Multigrain Mickey Waffle
Children's Pancakes

Lunch
Angus Chuck Burger
Classic Reuben Sandwich
Herb Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna with Greens
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Multigrain Linguini with Rock Shrimp and Clams
Potatoes and Olive Toast
Spice Crusted Chicken Salad with Apples and crispy Polenta Croutons

Dinner
Braised Lamb Shank
Grilled Beef Tenderloin
Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
Pan Seared Black Cod
Seasonal Vegetable Stew

Desserts
Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "baklava"
Carrot-Zucchini Cake with Yogurt Panna Cotta
Cheese cake with Raspberry Coulis
Chocolate Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle
Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit reduction
Lemon Corn Bread with Vanilla Panna Cotta
Meyer Lemon Sorbet
Pineapple Sorbet
Salty Caramel with Chocolate Mousse
Sautéed Blueberries with Yogurt Gelato
Strawberry Sorbet
Vanilla Braised Pineapple

Wine
Featuring Wines from Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Beer
Featuring Wolaver’s Certified Organic Ales

Specialty Cocktails
Antioxidant Cosmo
Passion Fruit Mojito
Pure-tini (with Organic Vodka and Mango)
X-Fusion Lemonade (Organic Mango, Passion Fruit Juice and Lemonade)

**Please Note**

The preceding list does not constitute a complete menu for The Wave restaurant. The Wave restaurant and all affiliates make no guarantee that any of the items listed above will be served when the location opens.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-19-2008, 07:41 PM
The menu sounds interesting but I'm wondering if they with note on the menu which items contain organic foods. I can't eat anything organic but would love to try the restaurant.

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 02:05 PM
It sounds upscale...Any word on a certain dress code?

MinnieMommie
04-27-2008, 12:56 PM
I plan to be there on June 1st so if The Wave is open that day or any other day before our vacation ends I will let you know about the menu, dress and anything else of importance. Can't wait! :mickey:

Figment!
05-22-2008, 11:51 AM
**Update**

Figment!
05-23-2008, 10:40 AM
The Wave Brings a Splash of Fun, Healthful Dining to Disney’s Contemporary Resort

Walt Disney World Press Release
May 2, 2008

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- With drinks like the Antioxidant Cocktail, entrées such as whole-wheat linguine with clams, rock shrimp and fresh thyme in chunky tomato broth, and crispy almond-raisin "baklava" for dessert, The Wave brings a surge of new dining ideas to Walt Disney World Resort.

Located in Disney's Contemporary Resort, the new restaurant is "bold cooking inspired by fresh markets," said Dieter Hannig, vice president of new concepts for Walt Disney World Food & Beverage. "America is more and more a melting pot, and The Wave features American cooking with world flavors."

Guests enter the stylish new space on the first floor of the hotel through a brushed steel arch "tunnel" into The Wave's lounge, one of the largest at Walt Disney World Resort. The sleek, serene décor is earthy browns and golds, with frosted glass lamps for soft ambient light and a copper-colored metal ceiling. Banquettes and booths line the perimeter of the dining room, and wooden tables are set with white linen napkins. A large central table is draped in sheer fabric in purples and golds.

Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the 220-seat restaurant takes casual dining into the health-conscious 21st century. The classic American breakfast menu includes plenty of egg creations, but guests also can make their own Wave muesli or sip a Beta Berry Smoothie with raspberry puree and non-fat yogurt blended with Odwalla Berries GoMega (a great source of Omega-3). The Pure Sunshine breakfast cocktail features organic vodka and orange juice topped with Vitamin Energy Drink. Coffee is organic Colombian (fair trade and "Smithsonian-certified bird-friendly") and teas are whole leaf Pyramid bags in flavors from chamomile blossoms to monsoon chai.

At lunch, light eaters might enjoy lettuce wraps with sautéed lamb and bay scallops, or a lump crab cake with crispy papaya slaw. Entrées include oversized salads and a vegetarian sandwich with grilled tofu, roasted veggies and herb goat cheese on multi-grain bread, but guests also can chow down on an Angus chuck burger with cheese and Applewood smoked bacon, or a classic grilled Reuben.

The dinner menu offers a delicious spin on comfort classics such as pan-seared Alaskan black cod with corn and edamame (soybean) stew with cilantro chutney; braised lamb shank with bulgur lentil stew and red wine sauce, and a nouvelle chicken pot pie with thyme pastry. Sides at both lunch and dinner include braised greens and roasted sweet potatoes and carrots.

"Lots of stocks, lots of broths and seasonal ingredients keep the menu well balanced," said Chef Frank Brough. "We are sourcing ingredients locally and regionally to create fresh flavors, and our fresh catch of the day features sustainable seafood."

Desserts continue the theme with a dozen choices for mixing and matching three mini-favorites for one price. From chocolate mousse with chocolate ganache, to yogurt sorbet with blueberry compote and coconut panna cotta with passion fruit, guests can indulge their sweet tooth without a big hit in calories. Or go overboard with a dessert cocktail like the Mudslide martini: Baileys Irish Cream, vanilla vodka, Kahlúa and vanilla ice cream.

Wine 'With a Twist,' Innovative Spirits Menu

The wine program, with only screw cap wines, is cutting-edge and supports sustainable agriculture, says Master Sommelier John Blazon, manager of wine sales and standards for Walt Disney World Resort.

"The surge in the use of the screw cap is nothing short of a revolution in wine packaging," says Blazon. Industry experts say that the screw cap is the most significant technical evolution in the wine industry since the glass bottle was introduced 250 years ago.

And the options for screw cap wine are growing, said Blazon. The Wave serves no California wines (California Grill on the resort's 15th floor has a corner on the California market), but instead focuses on bright-style New World wines from the Southern Hemisphere, including Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Sparkling wines from Tasmania, Rieslings from South Australia, floral New Wave whites from Argentina and Pinot Noirs from New Zealand are among the interesting choices, with 50 available by the glass. A flight of 3-ounce samplings and dessert wines, ports and sherries round out the wine list.
For beer fans, certified organic ales from Orlando Brewing are on the menu. Produced in Orlando, these handcrafted ales use only American-grown certified-organic barley malt. Three Orlando Brewery ales are available on tap, including Blonde Ale, Pale Ale and Blackwater Dry Porter. Also on the menu is gluten-free Redbridge lager.

Trendy cocktails are served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Start the day with a Pomegranate Splash (vodka, pomegranate liqueur, cranberry juice and soda water) or the Ultimate Bloody Mary (organic vodka, Bloody Mary mix and a dash of red chili sauce).

"Natural and flavorful are the buzzwords for cocktails," said Stuart McGuire, director of beverage sales and standards for Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts. The Pure-tini mixes organic vodka with organic mango and passion fruit liqueur. The Antioxidant Cocktail features wild berry vodka, black raspberry liqueur, açai juice with agave, lychee, aloe juice and freshly squeezed lemon juice.

The Wave is part of a revitalization at Disney's Contemporary Resort that includes a makeover of the hotel's fourth floor with a new game arcade and new quick-service eatery for salads and sandwiches (replacing Concourse Steakhouse). The popular Chef Mickey's restaurant and the monorail station anchor that family-friendly area.

MinnieMommie
05-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Great article to read close to when my vacation starts! Thanks Jason. Is June 1st still the projected opening date? :mickey:

Figment!
05-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Is June 1st still the projected opening date? Projected, yes.

If the location is ready to be open prior to the 7th, it is likley that the location will be as the resort will be down one table service option.

Some of the Resort Cast have reported some back-up plans regarding additional meals being added at exsiting dinign locations if the Wave is not ready to be open by June 1st, so there is some reasonable chance that it may not be.

KAT1811
05-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with the proposed menu. On our last trip to WDW we ate at the Concourse Steakhouse and I had a bbq braised shortrib served over a cheesed polenta that was fabulous. Nothing on the new menu jumps out at me but then again when I am on vacation eating healthy and watching calories are not exactly first and foremost on my agenda. :blush: (Although Dole whip does appear close to the top) :cloud9:

BluewaterBrad
05-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the info Figment!!:mickey:

MinnieMommie
06-07-2008, 08:15 AM
I just got back from Disney and The Wave was not open. I asked dining info each day and was told each time it would open June 7th. I ended up going over to the Contemporary Wednesday night and indeed it was not open. The person we spoke to at the resort told us it would open in a few days to a week and that the opening was being scheduled for resort guests only. I am sorry didn't have the opportunity to dine at The Wave but can't wait to hear from those who do and learn more details. :mickey:

EpcotChic23
06-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Greetings from WDW!!!! Going to the wave tonight. I will let everyone know how it is.:mickey:

Figment!
06-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Breakfast

Appetizers ($7.29 -$9.99)

Fresh Fruit Plate
Smoked Salmon

Entrées ($7.29 - $11.99)

Eggs Benedict
Eggs Benedict with a Petit Filet
Ham and Cheese Omelet with Breakfast Potatoes and a Biscuit
Make your own Muesli
Multigrain French Toast with Fruit Compote and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage Multigrain Mickey-shaped Waffles with Fruit Compote and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage
Multigrain Pancakes with Fruit Compote and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage
Pastry with Choice of Juice or Coffee
Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Pork Loin and a Biscuit
Spinach and Feta Cheese Scrambled Eggs with Breakfast Potatoes and a Biscuit
Spinach, Tomato, and Onion Omelet with Breakfast Potatoes and a Biscuit
Two Eggs with Breakfast Potatoes and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage

Sides ($3.29 - $5.99)

Bacon
Chicken Sausage
Croissant
Danish
House-made Granola with seasonal Fruit and Yogurt
Multigrain Muffin
Sausage
Smoked Pork Loin

Non-Alcoholic Beverages ($2.19 - $4.19)

Assorted Juices
Assorted Organic Breakfast Teas
Organic Café Mocha
Organic Cappuccino
Organic Columbian Coffee
Organic Espresso
Organic Latte
Soy Milk
Whole Leaf Premium Silk Sachet Hot Tea
Whole, Chocolate, or Skim Mill

Non-Alcoholic Specialty Beverages ($3.99 – $6.49)

Bossa Nova® Açai
Mega-Berry Smoothie
Odwalla® Berries GoMega®
Odwalla® Super Protein® Original
Pirate’s Punch

Alcoholic Specialty Beverages ($8.25-$9.25)

Pomegranate Splash
Pure Sunshine
Ultimate Bloody Mary

Lunch

Appetizers ($6.49 -$11.49)

Avocado and Citrus Salad with Local Greens and Orange Vinaigrette
Lettuce Wraps Sautéed Lamb and Bay Scallops
Lump Crab Cake Pan-seared served with crispy Papaya Slaw
Navy Bean Soup with Smoked Ham Hock and Crackling
Seasonal Mixed Greens with Spaghetti Squash, Edamame, Flaxseed, Baby Mozzarella, and Red Wine Vinaigrette
Seasonal Soup

Entrées ($11.99 – $21.99)

Angus Chuck Burger with crispy Papaya Slaw or Roasted Potato Wedges
Classic Reuben Sandwich–Grilled on Grain Bread and served with crispy Papaya Slaw or Roasted
Italian Chef Salad Mixed Greens tossed with Prosciutto, Cappicola,
Linguini with Florida Littleneck Clams and Rock Shrimp, Thyme, and chunky Tomato Broth
Mediterranean Tuna Salad Herb-crusted Seared Ahi Tuna with Green Beans, Potatoes, Roasted
Potato Wedges
Provolone, Salami, Red Wine Vinaigrette and Shaved Parmesan
Red Peppers, and Olive Toast
Seasonal Vegetable Stew with Multigrain Rice Spice-crusted Chicken Salad with Local Greens, Apples, and crispy Polenta Croutons
Today’s Sustainable Fish with Corn and Edamame Stew
Vegetarian Sandwich with Grilled Tofu, Zucchini, Eggplant, Roasted Red Pepper, and Herb Goat Cheese on Grain Bread

Side Items ($3.99)

Roasted Baby Carrots
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Stewed Mushrooms
Wilted Greens

Assorted Juices
Assorted Organic Teas
Organic Café Mocha
Organic Cappuccino
Organic Columbian Coffee
Organic Espresso
Organic Latte
Soy Milk

Chocolate Milkshake
Mega-Berry Smoothie
Pirate’s Punch
Strawberry Milkshake
Villa Milkshake

Alcoholic Specialty Beverages ($8.25-$10.25)

“Tropi-glow” Cocktail
Agave Nectar Margarita
Antioxidant Cocktail
Elderflower Splash
Fusion Lemonade
Passion Fruit Mojito
Pure-tini
Strawberry Lychee Margarita

Draft Beers ($5.00 -$8.75)

Bud Light
Organic Blonde Ale
Organic Beer Flight
Organic Blackwater Dry Porter
Organic Pale Ale
Samuel Adams Seasonal
Stella Artois
Yuengling Traditional Lager

Bottled Beers ($4.25 - $7.25)

Blue Moon Belgian White Ale
Budweiser Select
Corona Extra
Corona Light
Grolsch
Heineken
Heineken Premium Light
Micheob Ultra
Miller Lite Budweiser
Redbridge (Gluten-free)
Samuel Adams
Stone Mill Organic Pale Ale
Widmer Hefeweizen

Desserts ($7.99)

Blueberry Compote, Lemon Cornbread and Chocolate Mousse Platter
Cheesecake, Coconut Panna, and Chocolate-Passion Fruit Mousse Platter
Lemon-Basil Sorbet, Pineapple Sorbet, and Strawberry Sorbet Platter
Personalized Dessert Platter (Pick 3)
Vanilla-braised Pineapple Spears, Almond-Pineapple-Raisin “Baklava” and Zucchini-Carrot Cake Platter

Figment!
06-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Dinner

Appetizers ($6.49 -$11.99)

Avocado and Citrus Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Flaxseed, Baby Mozzarella, and Red Wine Vinaigrette
Lettuce Wraps Sautéed Lamb and Bay Scallops
Lump Crab Cake Pan-seared served with crispy Papaya Slaw
Navy Bean Soup with Smoked Ham Hock and Crackling
Seasonal Mixed Greens with Spaghetti Squash, Edamame,
Seasonal Soup

Entrées ($17.99 - $25.99)

Braised Chicken Pot Pie with Peas, Mushrooms, and Carrots, topped with Thyme Pastry
Braised Lamb Shank with Bulgur Lentil Stew
Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Oven-dried Tomatoes, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, and Local Greens
Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with seasonal Vegetables, Chimichurri, and Guacamole
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Rice, Wilted Greens, and Black Bean Sauce
Linguini with Florida Littleneck Clams and Rock Shrimp, Thyme, and chunky Tomato Broth
Pan-seared Black Cod with Corn and Edamame Stew with Cilantro Chutney
Seasonal Vegetable Stew with Multigrain Rice
Today’s Sustainable Fish served with seasonal Vegetables

Side Items ($3.99)

Roasted Baby Carrots
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Stewed Mushrooms
Wilted Greens

Assorted Juices
Assorted Organic Teas
Organic Café Mocha
Organic Cappuccino
Organic Columbian Coffee
Organic Espresso
Organic Latte
Soy Milk

Chocolate Milkshake
Mega-Berry Smoothie
Pirate’s Punch
Strawberry Milkshake
Villa Milkshake

Alcoholic Specialty Beverages ($8.25-$10.25)

“Tropi-glow” Cocktail
Agave Nectar Margarita
Antioxidant Cocktail
Elderflower Splash
Fusion Lemonade
Passion Fruit Mojito
Pure-tini
Strawberry Lychee Margarita

Draft Beers ($5.00 -$8.75)

Bud Light
Organic Blonde Ale
Organic Beer Flight
Organic Blackwater Dry Porter
Organic Pale Ale
Samuel Adams Seasonal
Stella Artois
Yuengling Traditional Lager

Bottled Beers ($4.25 - $7.25)

Blue Moon Belgian White Ale
Budweiser Select
Corona Extra
Corona Light
Grolsch
Heineken
Heineken Premium Light
Micheob Ultra
Miller Lite Budweiser
Redbridge (Gluten-free)
Samuel Adams
Stone Mill Organic Pale Ale
Widmer Hefeweizen

Desserts ($7.99)

Blueberry Compote, Lemon Cornbread and Chocolate Mousse Platter
Cheesecake, Coconut Panna, and Chocolate-Passion Fruit Mousse Platter
Lemon-Basil Sorbet, Pineapple Sorbet, and Strawberry Sorbet Platter
Personalized Dessert Platter (Pick 3)
Vanilla-braised Pineapple Spears, Almond-Pineapple-Raisin “Baklava” and Zucchini-Carrot Cake Platter

Dessert Cocktails ($8.25 - $9.25)

Double Espresso Martini
Godiva Dark Chocolate Martini
Mudslide Martini
Starbucks Soother

Dessert Wines ($6.50 - $11.00 glass / $34.00 – $58.00 bottle)

Chateau Reynella Old Cave
Heggies Botrytis Riesling
Mt. Horricks Cordon Cut Riesling
RL Buller Fine Muscat
Rosemount Old Benson
Selaks Ice Wine
Yalumba Antique

Wine List ($8.00 - $20.00 glass / $35.00 – $89.00 bottle)

Sparkling Wine
Croser Brut NV
Graham Beck Rose Brut
Jansz Brut Rose
Piranga Sparkling Shiraz

Dry Riesling
Main Divide
Peregrine
Pewsey Vale Prima
Pikes
Stonehaven Selection

Sauvignon Blanc
Allan Scott
Cloudy Bay
Craggy Range Te Muna
Kim Crawford
Neil Ellis
Spy Valley
Terrunyo
Warwick Professor Black
Whitehaven
Wild Rock Infamous Goose

Pinot Gris
Bird
Bodega Lurton
Peregrine

New Wave Whites
d’Arenberg Hermit Crab
Shoofly Buzz Cut
Spice Route Chenin Blanc
Torbreck Woodcutters Semillon
Trivento Torrontés
Woop Woop Verdelho
Yalumba Y Series Viognier

Chardonnay
Cape Mentelle
Clearview Un Oaked
Cullen
d’Arenberg Olive Grove
Frankland Estate Isolation Ridge
Green Point
Kim Crawford Un Oaked
Kumeu River
Rustenburg
VeramonteAlpha Domus Un Oaked
Wolf Blass Gold Label

Dry Rosé
Bodegas Norton Malbec Rosé
Green Point Pinot Noir Rosé
Oxford Landing Cabernet Rosé
Turkey Flat Grenache Rosé

Pinot Noir
Amisfield
Coldstream Hills
Craggy Range Calvert
Craggy Range Te Muna
d’Arenberg Feral Fox
Felton Road
Muddy Water
Pegasus Bay
Peregrine
Spinyback
Spy Valley
Tamar Ridge Devils Corner
Te Kairanga
Villa Maria Cellar Selection
Wild Rock

Merlot Based Blends
Craggy Range Sophia
Craggy Range Te Kahu
Oxford Landing
Vina Erraziuz Estate

Cabernet Sauvignon / Bordeaux Blends
Brampton
Jim Barry The Cover Drive
Mitolo
Pearson Cabernet Franc
The Wishing Tree

New Wave Alternative Reds
Fire Block Old Vine Grenache
Henschke Henry’s Seven GSM
Marquis Philips Sarah’s Blend
Penfolds GSM Bin 138
Rosemount Show Reserve GSM
Trevor Jones Boots Grenache
Two Hands The Bull & The Bear

Shiraz
Fairview, Paarl
Green Point
Hewitson Ned & Henry’s
Jim Barry Lodge Hill
Kay Brothers Hillside
Pikes
Ross Lights Out
Trinity Hill
Two Hands Angel’s Share

Figment!
06-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Children’s Breakfast Menu

Kid's Complete Meals ($5.09)

Children's Eggs with Breakfast Potatoes and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, juice or soft drink.

Children's Multigrain Mickey Waffle and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, juice or soft drink.

Children’s Multigrain Pancakes and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, juice or soft drink.

Cereal served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, juice or soft drink.

-----------------------------------------------

Children’s Lunch Menu

Kid's Complete Meals ($7.59)

Cheese Pizza, veggies, and brown sugar apples served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, juice or soft drink.

Chicken Pizza, veggies, and brown sugar apples served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, juice or soft drink.

Grilled Fish of the Day, whole-grain pilaf, veggies, and yogurt parfait served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, juice or soft drink.

Kid's Picks ($7.59)
Includes garden salad and choice of one entrée, one beverage, and one dessert

Entrees

Linguini with vegetables
Chicken Nachos with green apples, celery and carrots
Hamburger with potato wedges

Beverages

1% milk
Bottled water
Juice
Soft drink

Desserts

Fruit Salad
Vanilla Gelato Sundae

------------------------------------------------------

Children’s Dinner Menu

Kid's Complete Meals ($7.59)

Cheese Pizza, veggies, and brown sugar apples served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, juice or soft drink.

Chicken Pizza, veggies, and brown sugar apples served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, juice or soft drink.

Grilled Fish of the Day, whole-grain pilaf, veggies, and yogurt parfait served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, juice or soft drink.

Kid's Picks ($7.59)
Includes garden salad and choice of one entrée, one beverage, and one dessert

Entrees

Linguini with vegetables
Chicken Nachos with green apples, celery and carrots
Hamburger with potato wedges

Beverages

1% milk
Bottled water
Juice
Soft drink

Desserts

Fruit Salad
Vanilla Gelato Sundae

PirateLover
06-16-2008, 08:50 PM
ummm.... yea... that menu sounds great!!!!:eat::tasty:

MinnieMommie
06-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the detailed menu offerings. Can't wait to hear from someone who has eaten at The Wave. Looks to be good though! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks for this updated information. It sounds good and offers some seemingly delcious healthy choices. We might have to check this out on our August trip. Hopefully someone comes along soon who has eaten there!

EpcotChic23
06-19-2008, 04:58 PM
I ate at the Wave twice when I was down there last week. I ate there the opening night and last thurs. The first night I had the chicken pot pie (not your typical pot pie) it included whole pieces of chicken. Then 2nd time I went I had the pork tenderline.....that was outstanding I would recommend it. I feel it was better then the pork tenderline I had at the California Grill. The cast members were very nice, and the chef came table to table to see how everything was. I wish I could have tried the wave for brekfast and lunch but maybe next time, I recommend this resturant. ENJOY!!!!:thumbsup:

Figment!
07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
**Update**

valjane
07-02-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't see how the Outer Rim could possibly get any smaller! :down:

They really did a number on it already when they added the counter service stand.

Sad-- it used to be my favorite place in all of WDW to relax with a drink. Such a great view.

Figment!
07-23-2008, 07:41 PM
**Update**

Figment!
11-15-2008, 08:08 PM
**Update**

Figment!
11-16-2008, 05:27 PM
**More Detail Added to 11/15/08 Update**

Figment!
12-21-2008, 05:18 PM
**Update**