PDA

View Full Version : What's on the grill????

Flower
06-20-2007, 11:12 AM
DH got a new BBQ over the weekend, part of his fathers day gift.

Is there anything unique you like to Que?

So far we have only done burgers, chicken, corn & mixed veggies, but what are your favourite BBQ recipes/tips, and what do you like to do on the rotisserie?

pogo
06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
We love chicken :chicken:on the rotisserie. About two to three hours before cooking, we slather the cleaned, dry chicken with butter. Then sprinkle on garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, and let it sit.

Start the grill and adjust heat to 350 degree's +/- and add the chicken. Cook on indirect heat for about 1 hour and a half and take off to rest when the skin has turned brown and crispy.

What I like about this is it gives me time for a :diver: while it is cooking.

We also grill veggies in a grilling wok. These are marinated the night before in white wine vinegar, canola oil, salt, pepper and garlic. We include big chunks of onion, bell peppers, zucinni, summer squash, carrots, green beans, and mushrooms.

Grill over low heat, stirring occasionally while the chicken rests. :wait: Just before you take it off, pour in a can of pineapple chunks and stir until warm.

Serve this meal:eat: with your favorite reisling. :wine: Our is from Glenora Wine Cellers here in New York. :yes:

Try this and see.:tasty: It is our most "requested" grilled dinner by our friends. :D

rob121
06-20-2007, 01:38 PM
We recently grilled pizza. It tasted really good, and we didn't have to turn the oven and heat up our house on a hot summer day.

SgtTigger
06-20-2007, 09:56 PM
I just did boneless ribs tonight.......

I will have to think about this and come up with some good stuff........

:cop: :tigger:

Tink&Goofy
06-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Fresh Alaskan salmon - with a little lemon butter with dill. :tasty:
Tomorrow is Teriyaki chicken - about as easy as it gets.

I think we have been using our grill too much lately, when I make a hot dog for DD5 the other day, she thought something was wrong with it because it didn't have the black lines on it! :laughing::funny:

snifflesmcg
06-21-2007, 12:55 AM
I bought BF a grill for his May birthday and I swear there isn't a day we haven't used it. We've done your typical, burgers, chicken, ribs, hotdogs. Tonight, we tried for the first time.....salmon. Came out pretty good. We bought these grilling trays (disposable that you would find where the lasagna pans are sold) and that's what we used. Also, chicken we do BBQ or teriayaki. YUM!!

kakn7294
06-23-2007, 01:50 AM
I'll share with you a funny story about my grilling days (or lack thereof). I sold my grill several years ago because it was old and nearly set my head on fire everytime I tried to light it. However, I didn't check it well before I sold it and when the new owner came to pick it up, he opened the top and to my horror, there was a dead mouse all curled up inside! Fortunately, he was a great sport about it and just thanked me for the meat to get started grilling!

little disney lovers
06-23-2007, 03:29 AM
We literally BBQ nearly every night in summer, We also have a BBQ on the back of our boat for when we go out for a few days. I love to cook up some rice before we go and put it in the fridge. Then straight on the BBQ plate we cook egg (then chop up), onions, red capsicum, peas,corn, shallots, mushrooms and diced ham or chicken. Toss through some soy sauce and add the rice. Wala, fried rice.
Also the kids love a 'frog in the hole' for breakfast. Make a hole in the middle of a peice of bread, throw it on the barbie then crack an egg in the middle. We often do breakfast, Obviously bacon, sausages, eggs, baked beans and toast all on the BBQ.
Also, don't forget kebab sticks, so easy! Load your stick with chichen, mushrooms, onion, capsicum, pineapple, etc...YUM.
And don't forget grilled eggplant!
Hope this helps :mickey:

wdw_bound
06-23-2007, 08:02 AM
We love making grilled pizza - it's a great playdate supper as well since the kids can make their own.

I make a thin crust (recipes online, fairly standard flour, yeast, water, olive oil) with fresh ground pepper and garlic powder as add ins. Roll out the dough until it is very thin - you want 8-9 inch rounds. Brush olive oil on one side, put on the grill (low flame) with oil side down, close the lid for a minute or two. It's ready to come of when it bubbles up on the top and will pretty much hold its shape. Transfer to a cookie sheet. Oil the non-grilled side, put that on the bottom of the cookie sheet, decorate your pizza (go very light on the sauce if you are using any). My favorite is fresh tomato slices, onion and cheddar/mozzarella blend. Don't pile the topping too high. Put back on the grill on low heat, close the lid and remove when cheese is melted. The big trick is not to let the bottom get charred. You may have to use indirect heat towards the end of cooking.

Another time-saving trick is when I buy meat/chicken, I make up some marinade and put the meat in a freezer baggie with the marinade and freeze. Then the night before (or even that morning before I go to work), I can take the baggie out of the freezer and it marinates as it thaws, making it that much quicker to get a yummy dinner on the table.