PDA

View Full Version : One of 'those' days . . .

Flower
06-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Everything was going pretty well today, I have been up since 0330 when the baby :babyroll: wanted to be fed,I could not go back to sleep :sheep: so I did some crafts, I just figured I would go back to bed later. :alarm:

At about 0830 everything seemed to go horribly wrong:

The washing machine :laundry:overflowed all over the rec room :mop:
The dog pooped on the floor
I went outside for a second, when I came in the dog was eating Brandon's crackers for the car ride to school
Saw the dog eating said crackers, got mad, slammed the door behind me and yelled at the dog
When I slammed the door my keys got caught between the lock & the door frame, shattering my key fob for the van

But, I saved $19.80 on my Disney trip by switching to the AP rate (Said in my GEICO insurance commercial voice)

Is it too early to start drinking???!!!!!!:beer::marg:

(Yes, true story.....not trying to use as many smilies as I can....Could I really make all of that up????? :bang:)

kaerbear178
06-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Here's wishing you an amazing rest of the day. :magic:

MMouse6937
06-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Aw Lea-Ann, I hate when it's one of those kinda days :pixie: Here's hoping the rest of the day and week go better for you. Those are the kind of days I think that it can't get much worse so it has to get better. :hug: take care

Goofeygal
06-20-2007, 12:22 PM
As for drinking like they say "It's 5:00 somewhere".:mickey:

disneydeb
06-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Everything was going pretty well today, I have been up since 0330 when the baby wanted to be fed,I could not go back to sleep so I did some crafts, I just figured I would go back to bed later.

At about 0830 everything seemed to go horribly wrong:

The washing machine overflowed all over the rec room :mop:
The dog pooped on the floor
I went outside for a second, when I came in the dog was eating Brandon's crackers for the car ride to school
Saw the dog eating said crackers, got mad, slammed the door behind me and yelled at the dog
When I slammed the door my keys got caught between the lock & the door frame, shattering my key fob for the van

But, I saved $19.80 on my Disney trip by switching to the AP rate (Said in my GEICO insurance commercial voice)

Is it too early to start drinking???!!!!!!

(Yes, true story.....not trying to use as many smilies as I can....Could I really make all of that up????? )

Sound like the dog is not having such a good day as well! ;) Let's celebrate the almost $ 20.00 saved and the clean rec room floor!:thumbsup:! Hold tight it will soon be 5:00 where you live! :marg: Here's some pixie dust to get you through till then!:pixie::hug:

Caroleh
06-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey, Flower...it's past 5:00 now, so have that :marg:!!! Hope your day went better.:hug:

offwego
06-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Flower sorry I missed this...hopefully that's all your wrong stuff for the whole month!!

Take care and hope today is much better.

Christine
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM
God love ya! Those days are HORRIBLE! Here's hoping that the rest of the day is better.

And remember...after enough :marg:, it will start to seem funny! :D

January-2007
06-21-2007, 02:36 PM
You poor thing!! I hope the rest of your day went better and you have a good.... year!

Flower
06-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks everyone!!! Yesterday did get worse, I won't even get into what the :cat: decided to do....:mad: Is anyone in the market for a cat and dog sibling pair???

Today was better, I am hosting our family picnic of close to 100 people at a local park on Sunday. Today my mom and I went shopping for burgers, kids prizes, etc......Lots of RETAIL THERAPY for me today, so it helped ease yesterdays problems! Besides, thanks to yesterday my floors were cleaned, etc....:blush:

Caroleh
06-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Don't you just love those pets? I'm ready to give up my cat...you want another one? Everytime I try to exercise, he decides my feet need to be attacked.

Thank goodness it got better today!!!

Flower
06-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the :cat: offer Carol, but you can keep him!

Yes, and today was also better as I took a side trip to my LSS (local Srapbook Store) and Michaels!!! Carol, I know you feel my joy!!!

mtown71
06-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Sorry to hear that you had a rough couple days. Hope it all gets better. Hang in there! I agree about the pets...I love my dog to death but sometimes I wouldn't mind giving him away to the next person to walk down the street.

Caroleh
06-22-2007, 08:10 AM
[quote=Flower;1329714)

Yes, and today was also better as I took a side trip to my LSS (local Srapbook Store) and Michaels!!! Carol, I know you feel my joy!!![/quote]

I did the Micheal's thing on Wed., so I know what you mean. I have my store's inventory on July 1st(and that's just the fabric), so by the 20th I'll be ready for a major LSS trip and a few :marg::marg:!!

crazypoohbear
06-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Your day is proof you should never say "what else could go wrong"!
Glad things have taken a turn

Flower
06-22-2007, 10:37 AM
I did the Micheal's thing on Wed., so I know what you mean. I have my store's inventory on July 1st(and that's just the fabric), so by the 20th I'll be ready for a major LSS trip and a few :marg::marg:!!

They've scheduled your inventory for CANADA DAY????? That is horrible!!!!:thedolls:

Bethis26fan
06-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Glad things are going better for you now.

meldan98
06-22-2007, 12:47 PM
It's amazing to me how cathartic a shopping trip to michaels and scrapbook stores our. My husband flipped out when he saw all the reciepts when he returned from his 3 month visit to NYC for work. Hey...a mom's got to do what a mom's got to do to stay sane...:D

Caroleh
06-22-2007, 07:02 PM
They've scheduled your inventory for CANADA DAY????? That is horrible!!!!:thedolls:

For retail, the statuary holiday is July 2. I don't mind the first, since the store is closed and we can get it done quickly. We should be done around 3, so plenty of time to celebrate yet. When I first started working for the company, I worked for a larger store and we always did it on the first. Since I got my own store we haven't had inventory on Canada Day, so 1 year won't kill us.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-22-2007, 10:30 PM
You're supposed to wait until 5pm to start? I always thought it was noon.
Glad things are better for you!

Dsnygirl
06-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Today my mom and I went shopping for burgers, kids prizes, etc......Lots of RETAIL THERAPY for me today, so it helped ease yesterdays problems! Besides, thanks to yesterday my floors were cleaned, etc....:blush:

Yes, and today was also better as I took a side trip to my LSS (local Srapbook Store) and Michaels!!! Carol, I know you feel my joy!!!
Isn't it amazing what "retail therapy" can do for you?? Glad to hear things are going a little better.... and it's the wknd... that's GOTTA help!! have a fun picnic!!:D