PDA

View Full Version : SOARIN' Question

Dyanna
06-20-2007, 09:56 AM
I understand that the lines are extremely long for this ride. Some say it can be over 2 hours long. My question is how long is the ride itself that there is such a long wait. How many people can it also handle each time around?

Cozfamilyof6
06-20-2007, 09:58 AM
When we went in November we waited about a half an hour in the fast pass line.

It's a nice ride - not sure how long or how many people it holds - maybe 60?

Is it worth the wait? Personally I would not wait more than 30 minutes for any ride.

Good luck!

Mickey91
06-20-2007, 10:04 AM
I would definitely get a fast pass. I don't think any ride is worth a 2 hour wait, though this is an awesome experience. I would consider an hour if it was the last day and I hadn't had a chance to ride it. I can't imagine going to EPCOT and not riding Soarin!

Hull-onian
06-20-2007, 10:07 AM
When we went we got a fast pass right away. As soon as EPCOT opened, we went right to Soarin and our wait wasn't more than 20 minutes. The ride itself is about 4.5 minutes. It is a MUST SEE DO FIRST type of ride. Ask for the B section row one. The CM will give it to you. That is the best seat in the house. Enjoy!!!:thumbsup:

DawsonAR
06-20-2007, 10:34 AM
It is an excellent ride that shouldn't be missed. Use Fast Pass and save a lot of time.

Darbylew
06-20-2007, 10:53 AM
We always go right over to Soarin as soon as
we get to Epcot to get a fass pass. When we
were there the first of June there was just a
20 minute wait so we didn't get a fass pass. It
is worth the wait but get a fass pass and return
at a later time. :thumbsup::mickey:
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP MAY-JUNE 2007
NEXT TRIP NOV. 2007 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN :mickey:

Jared
06-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Soarin' consistently has longer lines than any other attraction in Walt Disney World. The best way to experience the ride is to arrive early. My family runs straight to Soarin' when the park opens at 9 a.m.

Sometimes FASTPASS becomes unavailable by noon.

DNS
06-20-2007, 11:10 AM
We have arrived when the line as well as fast pass had quite a wait, but we've also had times when fast past just had one or two people ahead of us, but the line was long. We go to the fast pass line shortly after we get there and if it is crowded, we go do something else in the pavilion (get something to eat or visit another attraction) and keep checking back. We've never had a big problem getting fast pass.

06-20-2007, 11:15 AM
We rode soarin when we visited the 3rd week of May. We went there first thing & got a fastpass. When we returned we didn't wait more than 10 min. We were seated in row B one & didn't even have to ask. Nice! We loved the ride, although, I wouldn't wait more than 30 mins. for it. Just return at another time.

MrPeetrie
06-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I used a FastPass and still waited about 40 minutes for this ride. After all the hype, I was disappointed. Maybe nothing could live up to the build-up. The ride itself is only about 15 mintues long. Without a FastPass, I would definitely PASS on this ride. But that's just my opinion.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-20-2007, 09:03 PM
We get a FP as soon as Epcot opens too. We love Soarin and it is a must do four our family. My DD is finally tall enough to go on, I can't wait to take her on it in September. :thumbsup:

My boys and I waited 45 minutes for it last year. I would wait that long again if I had to.

mic_keyfan
06-20-2007, 09:32 PM
It depends what time of year that you visit, but my suggestion is...head there first thing when the gates open! Take advantage of EMH for WDW resort guests. Soarin is an awesome ride, one of my DH's faves! We usually ride this first and then get FP's for it then ride it later in the night before the park closes and theres usually no line.

AdventurerKim
06-21-2007, 10:48 AM
We usually ride this first and then get FP's for it then ride it later in the night before the park closes and theres usually no line.

Absolutely! Do this or get fast passes as soon as you enter the park, go on other rides, and return when your fast pass time comes up, usually about an hour later first thing in the morning.

Goes4FastPass
06-21-2007, 01:02 PM
There's a name for people who wait 2 hours for Soarin' or any attraction that is issueing FastPasses and has a long standby line: First-Timers.

DizneyRox
06-21-2007, 01:09 PM
The soundtrack for the ride is just short of 5 minutes.

The ride holds about 87 people per screen and there are two screens at WDW. If you allow a total of 6 minutes per ride which includes the load/uload procedures and then the ride, that's 870 people per hour per screen or a total of 1740 per hour, barring any technical difficulties or other interruptions. These are all assumptions, but I'm betting they are pretty close.

disneycouple2004
06-21-2007, 01:37 PM
:ditto:

I would definitely get a fast pass. I don't think any ride is worth a 2 hour wait, though this is an awesome experience. I would consider an hour if it was the last day and I hadn't had a chance to ride it. I can't imagine going to EPCOT and not riding Soarin!

AllDisney
06-21-2007, 05:34 PM
We were there in Dec.06 and waited to ride Soarin for 20 minutes. It's about a 5 minutes ride as mentioned.

Later in the day we went back to ride it again and the wait was 1 hour. It's not worth it to us to wait an hour. We had ridden it at Disneyland so this was not a first time experience for us. It's fun and we love to ride it but unless the wait is short, go for the Fast Pass.

pook@wdw
06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
We've NEVER waited over 15-20 min in the fastpass line. I would definitely not wait more than 30 min for any attraction. We can always come back another time. Soarin only last for minutes, but it is an exhillerating ride, and well worth the wait!! :thumbsup: