PDA

View Full Version : Question about The Seas with Nemo & Friends

DisneyCouple07
06-20-2007, 08:34 AM
My wife is extremely afraid of elevators (and closed spaces for that matter). I was wondering if the update to the Living Seas removed the Hydrolator portion of the qeue from the previous version. Although it doesn't really go anywhere, I know my wife would never get into it (and don't even mention ToT, almost couldn't get her near the building). But anyway, just want to make sure before I get her to try it when we're there in a few months. Thanks in advance. :mickey:

ibrowse17
06-20-2007, 08:53 AM
There are no elevators in the line, only a couple of ramps. The line is a long one, so be ready for that:thumbsup:

faline
06-20-2007, 08:56 AM
No more "hydrolators"! The queue area is now set up to look like a beach though it is rather dimly lit. From this line area you get directly into the ride vehicle.

Mickey91
06-20-2007, 09:59 AM
We were there in Dec. There are no elevators, but the line is pretty close. It is dimly lit and the ceiling seems low. I am mildly closter phobic and felt a little closed in. The ride is cute though. You still come out into the big open area with the tanks etc. It may help if you stand behind your DW and allow her to not be so crowded by a tight line.

Darbylew
06-20-2007, 10:43 AM
We were just there at the first of June. There
was no line for Nemo and friends. We walked
right on. It was early morning. There is just a
long walk down to the ride. Enjoy! :mickey:

milhouse
06-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Don't miss the Turtle Talk show after you exit the Nemo ride. It's a must see.

JPL
06-20-2007, 03:11 PM
The new queue is awesome it takes from the beack then under the pier and further out to sea. Finall you board your Clammobile and begin you adventure. It is very interesting and detailed lots to look at and take in. I love the simulated rusty hand rails as you enter the water:thumbsup:

DisneyCouple07
06-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all the info-took a lot of the worry out of the trip for both DW and myself. With all the great comments now our only worry is how to wait 92 days to see the new set-up. :mickey:

cvzdesign
06-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Turtle Talk is set in a back hallway in what looks to be an old board room or something.
It wasn't easy for us to know that the big room with the stingrays in it was the "queue" for this attraction.
It was fun, just not well marked IMHO.

And the aquarium is just as bland as before. I've been to other aquariums, like Shedd in Chicago that just blow this one away unfortunately.
Add more to them please.

2 dolphins an 2 manatees just don't fill up an aquarium.

JPL
06-21-2007, 11:08 AM
And the aquarium is just as bland as before. I've been to other aquariums, like Shedd in Chicago that just blow this one away unfortunately.
Add more to them please.

2 dolphins an 2 manatees just don't fill up an aquarium.
While it wasn't designed to compete with larger Aquariums but at the time it was built it was the largest man made ocean in the world. Now since then this has changed but it is still up on the list. However I have to agree that since United Technologies withdrew it's sponsorship the Main Tank has declined. But believe it or not since the rehab of the pavillion it has gotten better. Hopefully as more traffic goes through the with the new additions the aquarium could be restored to it's former glory.

Jared
06-21-2007, 11:23 AM
The aquarium has potential, but Disney is definitely focusing on the ride and show portions of the pavilion.

Sea World is an entirely devoted to marine life. One building in Epcot cannot compete with a whole theme park.

TheMartellFamily
06-21-2007, 11:50 AM
the queue to get to the ride is the regular back an forth as all the other rides found in wdw. The difference to this one is that you start out from the feeling of being on shore and then the closer yo get to the ride it is like being underwater. There is plenty of space and the Hydrolaters are not there. The enterence is from the outside and walk in.