PDA

View Full Version : August/September Annual Pass Rates Released

coloradowendyl
06-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Annual Passholder rates for dates of Aug.5-Sept.29 were released this morning!
Availability is limited!

Code is FDV

Sample rates:
$64 per night value resorts
$94 per night moderate resorts
$249 per night Polynesian

Fl. Resident Rates
Code is FDS

Wendy

Carol
06-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Wendy.

I'm waiting for October rates. I guess it will be a bit longer. :wait:

Spaceship Tigger
06-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Any idea about some of the deluxe rates?

coloradowendyl
06-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Right now, patience is the Word lol!

Computer system at WDW is currently experiencing issues and is down! As soon as it is up and running, we will post more rates!

Wendy

Flower
06-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks!!!

I just switched our POP AAA rate and saved $20 - I was hoping for a better rate, but every little bit helps!

JROriole8Fan
06-20-2007, 08:25 AM
We just tried at 0800 and they said there was nothing at Pop Century. Did anyone else get the rate, or was it never available?

mermaidmarian
06-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Muchas Gracias to Wendy at MJ who converted my AAA rate to an AP rate before the sun had even risen today!

Yahoo! (Now why didn't I originally plan to go for an additional 2 days!!!!!!!!)

Calizone
06-20-2007, 08:43 AM
I just checked on the Poly thru Magical Journeys and there is nothing available for the AP discount.

Donald Duck
06-20-2007, 08:54 AM
I have a question about the AP.

Do I only need to have one AP to get the AP discount or does everyone need to have one ?

Also, when does the AP need to be purchased (when booking, at check-in...) ?

Thank you.

:mickey:

Carol
06-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Only one person has to have an Annual Pass to get the special room rate. You need the pass in order to check in.

Good luck with the discounts. :)

mickeysworld
06-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Tried a little after 8 this morning and POFQ was already unavailable at the AP rate :(

Flower
06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
We just tried at 0800 and they said there was nothing at Pop Century. Did anyone else get the rate, or was it never available?

I was able to get the rate at POP, my dates are after the free dining though Sept 28-Oct 9, we were just able to squeeze in there!

Ask about the AAA rate if you are a member. The AP rate is $64, the AAA rate is $65.

Donald Duck
06-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Only one person has to have an Annual Pass to get the special room rate. You need the pass in order to check in.

Good luck with the discounts. :)

Can I buy an AP before I get there ?
If not, can I buy it at the BC ?

Terk24
06-20-2007, 10:06 AM
You can by your AP ahead of time at pick it up at a Will call at any park. You would purcahse it at the same location when you get down there...not at a resort. You can by it at any time before your check-in.

Answering point number two......Could not get into POP at any time in August with AP...Argh!

mermaidmarian
06-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Updated additional thanks to Wendy @ MJ for getting us 2 additional days to our original itinerary AND AP rates! :mickey:

Carol
06-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Can I buy an AP before I get there ?Yes. You can buy them on-line. You'll get a voucher in the mail. You can use that voucher at check in and then activate your pass when you get to the parks or Downtown Disney. :)

lockedoutlogic
06-20-2007, 10:52 AM
the website has been acting nutty....it's been up...it's been down...back up...back down....

They are either tinkering with the discounts or else the system is suffering from a bigger issue....

We'll see....

LucyLou
06-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Just got off the phone and managed to get POFQ for 8-21 August and the Poly for 21-29 August with pass holder rate. We are soooo looking forward to being there only 7 weeks to wait.:cloud9:

coloradowendyl
06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Just an FYI, the Disney computer system has been having "technical issues" for the last two days!

Chip and Dale have playing with the computers again...is the popular opinion!

Wendy

BigDisneyDad
06-20-2007, 12:38 PM
I just tried to get the AP rate applied to our existing reservations at POP in September and they told me that they were already booked up for the entire month. I even tried changing dates several times. I thought September was supposed to be a slow time at the parks. I wonder how many AP rooms they actually released especially seeing as how they were just released this morning?
:confused::mad:

It seems to be getting harder and harder to get AP rates every year. I'm beginning to wonder if I should even bother renewing my pass for next year.:shake:

Donald Duck
06-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes. You can buy them on-line. You'll get a voucher in the mail. You can use that voucher at check in and then activate your pass when you get to the parks or Downtown Disney. :)

Thanks Carol.

:mickey:

lockedoutlogic
06-20-2007, 12:51 PM
September is the slowest month of the calender....

So let's see....if I were disney...how would I attempt to get people to come to WDW when it's completely inconvenient?

hmmm.....

"Pack up the car, kids....I'm taking you out of school to go to Disney and get FREE DINING"

If you make it cheap...they will come.....

Sadly, it will most likely result in a nightmare at the TS restaurants at would should be a walk in time of year....and I'm actually thinking of trying to slide in there for a few days that month....I'm rethinking that as we speak

disneydoug
06-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I just saved about $300 on our POR rooms for Aug. 20-25.
We got our AP discount for the Pirate and Princess party also. We went to it twice in February. it is the best!!!!
We got our PS for 1900 Park Fare, also.
It was a great CM that helped me.

I was offered rooms at most resorts for that time period at AP rates. We are pleased.

Doug

Nate's Grandpa
06-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I just booked a Family Suite at All Star Music for 140 per night (152.80 with tax).
Travel dates 9/25/07 - 9/30/07.
4 adults and 1 child.

We have been hoping for these Family Suite discounts for some time, but we were not sure they were ever discounted.

Thank you, Wendy for posting this information!

rachburch
06-20-2007, 04:08 PM
I need a clarification... I am not an AP holder but I am considering. Can I order an AP online, then reserve a room at the AP discount price, then present my voucher at check-in, then go to the park and have the AP activated? If so, that means I can buy it now, get the AP room discount, activate later, and then have it expire 1 year after activation. Or am I wrong, and it will expire one year from purchase?

Does that make any sense?

MarkC
06-20-2007, 05:28 PM
I don't think you have to be an actual passholder when you reserve the room. We've reserved rooms a few times without having annual passes, and then bought the pass as we were checking in at the resort. It always worked out fine and they never questioned it or told us that was not acceptable.

Sunshine1010
06-20-2007, 06:08 PM
If I start my vacation Sept. 29 on through to October...will I still get the rates AFTER the 'official last day - which is Sept. 29' ?

coloradowendyl
06-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Currently, booking policy is that reservations booked on the last day of a promotion have the promotion rate for length of stay.

This policy may change in the future, but at this point, if you check in on Sept.29 with an annual passholder rate, you will get it for the length of stay.

Wendy

Sunshine1010
06-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks.....I thought I had read that something like that had changed (not sure what it was)...

Anyhow,...thanks for info. I'm still debating on whether to go during this time since the discount doesn't include the free dining.

Plus, another factor is that I'm hoping something similar will come for October. The weather would be a little cooler and my son has 2 weeks off from school.

rachburch
06-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Can I get the AP room discount and get the free dining plan at the same time?

Carol
06-20-2007, 10:01 PM
I need a clarification... I am not an AP holder but I am considering. Can I order an AP online, then reserve a room at the AP discount price, then present my voucher at check-in, then go to the park and have the AP activated? If so, that means I can buy it now, get the AP room discount, activate later, and then have it expire 1 year after activation. Or am I wrong, and it will expire one year from purchase?

Does that make any sense?
It makes sense and is correct on all counts. :)

Sunshine1010
06-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Rachburch - I was informed today that you canNOT get the AP room discount rate and the Free dining plan at the same time. In fact, you can't get the dining plan at all if you use the AP rate.

coloradowendyl
06-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I am going to try to answer all questions and inquiries about Ap rates and free dining in one post here!

Annual Passholder rates are discounts offered on room only reservations. They are not offered on packages.

Room only reservations may not have the dining plan added to them. It has never been offered for room only reservations.

The dining plan is an add on feature for packages only.

Free dining is a package promotion that has been historically offered for dates in August and September only. It has not been offered for any other months of the year in the past.

The Free Dining promotion is only bookable until June 24. Booking will end on June 24 at 10pm WDW time.

Hope this helps!
wendy

Amy_617
06-20-2007, 10:52 PM
We were originally booked at All Star Sports for Sept 1st-9th. I called this morning to apply to AP rate and nothing was available for that time in any of the value resorts. (She checked them all) We decided to go with Coronado Springs. :cloud9: We got a Standard room for $105.75 a night including tax. We never stayed there before. I'm so excited!!!

If you have the funds to up to a moderate...they have quite a bit of rooms available there. The cast member stated that for our time period, we could have picked any of the moderate resorts.

:number1:Disney Here We Come!!!:mickey:

Crow
06-20-2007, 11:02 PM
enjoy CSR, i just stayed there and liked it!
heres hoping for a room only discount. im doing free dining Sept 21 for 6 nights, then AAA at WL for 2 nights but id like to stay an extra night or 2 and get a better discount.

alliekat
06-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Thank You so much for posting the info. about the passholder rates. One of the other people I'm travelling with spotted it, let me know, and I made the call. We are saying at POR in mid August for two weeks and was able to tget the AP discount applied. We originally were booking with AAA, AP saved us $346!! Of course we are all thrilled. If you have tried and were not successful keep trying. The cast member told me more availability will coming on a regular basis. Thanks again for letting us know. Our trip just got even more magical.:mickey:

Beach Club Babe
06-21-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm completely confused!

I already had a reservation for Aug 12-19 at the Contemporary. I called yesterday morning to see if I could get an AP rate. I was told that there was nothing available ANYWHERE, except Fort Wilderness Cabins and Yacht Club. I wound up switching to Yacht Club and saving $1,100. Money aside, did I make a mistake? Did they make a mistake? Other people seem to be getting discounts after the time period in which I called. Will there be more offered? I'm not feeling so good about this right now.

coloradowendyl
06-21-2007, 03:33 PM
AP rates at Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Contemporary have been very limited. Rates are offered on need to fill rooms basis. If the resort is showing good occupancy, you will see less discounted rooms offered.

The Contemporary is a very popular resort and is often sold out. It may be that there were no AP rates for your particular date at the resort.

You will love the Yacht Club...if you have kids, Stormalong Bay is great!

Wendy

Crow
06-21-2007, 08:42 PM
so i guess no chance of AP for WL instead of my AAA rate huh...too bad. mayb i should rethink.

KatGat
06-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Apparently within hours (or sooner) of the new AP discount being released, there was no availability at a value resort at AP or AAA rate for Sept 22-24. I was hoping that if someone canceled or didn't make their deposit deadline,that a few rooms would open up, but I was just told that this wouldn't happen. This person said it wouldn't do me any good to call back to check since canceled rooms are put back in at the regular rate. Is that how it works? Of course, this was the same person who said it was too early to expect AP discounts for Sept and when I mentioned that they were released this week, she just mumbled something about free dining...I don't care about free dining, I don't need the package, just a room. It'll reak, but I may just have to pay full rack rate...:(

Nevergrowup
06-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Kudos to Debbie at MJ. She got us Poly for 6 nights! Thanks MJ!!!!:mickey:

Auntie
06-23-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm completely confused!

I already had a reservation for Aug 12-19 at the Contemporary. I called yesterday morning to see if I could get an AP rate. I was told that there was nothing available ANYWHERE, except Fort Wilderness Cabins and Yacht Club. I wound up switching to Yacht Club and saving $1,100. Money aside, did I make a mistake? Did they make a mistake? Other people seem to be getting discounts after the time period in which I called. Will there be more offered? I'm not feeling so good about this right now.

I don't think you've made a mistake...I'm sure you'll LOVE the Yacht Club. Personally...I'd much rather stay there than the Contemporary...but that's just me. With the kind of savings you mentioned..even better..and I'm very surprised. It's a really lovely resort.:thumbsup: Enjoy your trip!

birdie1410
06-27-2007, 07:27 PM
" I thought September was supposed to be a slow time at the parks."

:(Unfortunately, there is really no such thing anymore. We've been passholders pretty much the last 5 years and have seen a drastic change in the crowds. There are always tour groups from one country or another plus the schools here in FL have odd times off so people are able to go to places like WDW more often.
IMHO
Birdie1410

Eeyore's My Favorite
07-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I have a question - we're going to purchase the Florida Resident's Seasonal Passes for our trip in late September. Does that qualify us for any discounts on future rooms for mini-trips to WDW? Thanks....:mickey:

----------------------
Elynn

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-13-2007, 11:59 PM
excited!!!... got WL @ $157 a night (that is with tax!!!) in Sept for AP. woot. this is only the 2nd time we are staying at the resort. kinda seems redundant to do it too much seeing as we live 50 min away from the Disney complex. But I am excited nonetheless and I am sure my little one will have fun, too! YAY! :mickey:

Red Randal
07-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Any idea when (or if) we are likely to see AP rates for October?

T-MAC2
07-25-2007, 05:20 AM
Yes. You can buy them on-line. You'll get a voucher in the mail. You can use that voucher at check in and then activate your pass when you get to the parks or Downtown Disney. :)

good,:mickey:This is a very good proposal, thank you!

Daisy'sMom
07-25-2007, 07:38 AM
I am waiting for AP discount for first part of October. We are having a mini family gathering and they all have their rooms but we want to see if there any discounts available. :mickey:

Donalds Duckie
07-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Thank you to Wendy at MJ who got me AP rates at Contemporray Tower MK View for 4 nights over Labor Day weekend! :mickey:

BronxTigger
08-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Are there going to be any discount codes for October?? As in, for the weekend of the Intercot meet? ;)

Red Randal
08-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Are there going to be any discount codes for October?? As in, for the weekend of the Intercot meet? ;)

Oh, if wishing made it so.

I'm holding out hope for some kind of announcement next week, which is when they were announced last year.