PDA

View Full Version : Info on DVC at Hilton Head, SC

Queen Stephanie
06-20-2007, 12:42 AM
I need some input on the pros and cons of vacationing at DVC on Hilton Head Island, SC. Has anyone been there, if so, what did you like and dislike about it. Thanks.. :thumbsup:

todemaza
06-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Stayed there end of March. We loved it. They were working on an upgrade at the time, so that was a little inconvenient. It's very well themed, and, when we went, was pretty laid back. It's a very relaxing place, anyway. Make sure you take advantage of the member perk at Guiseppe's. They have excellent pizza.

Queen Stephanie
06-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the tip and advice. After noticing that this thread was read by many, but only replied by 1, Hilton Head must not be a topic with much exploration. Too bad...just interested in visiting HH soon. Thanks!:)

iheartdisney
06-23-2007, 10:54 AM
We discovered this resort by mistake. The Marriott across the street referred us there when they were full...big mistake! My DH absolutely loved it. He is not quite the fan of WDW as I am and he loves the laid back atmosphere, kid friendly activities and surroundings, proximity to good dining, golf, ocean of Disney's HHI Resort. We have been back at least once a year ever since we discovered it and will be going for this year's trip in just a few weeks. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help. (We are not DVC members (can't get DH to commit!) - if that makes a difference in the types of questions you might have.) The facilities are spacious. The pools are nice. One con that I can think of...the resort lies on a marsh/marina. The beach is across the street and through another palm tree covered resort area. You can take a car, a shuttle or bike to Disney's Beach House and access to the ocean. But because our family isn't one to lie on the beach for hours/days apon end, this doesn't bother us. We have beach days/boating days/golf days/pool days/shopping days, etc. I can't get my DH to commit to yearly trips to WDW but it's a piece of cake to entice him with a trip to Hilton Head. The service is very "Disney" They have activities that appeal to ALL ages. It's a very family friendly facility and very close to lots of historical and recreational attractions.

AnnieBananie
06-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Getting ready to go to HHI for 12 days!! My family loves HHI - in fact it's the only beach we ever go to.....But, though we love WDW, too and go there once or twice a year, we have never visited Disney's resort @HHI. I'm sure it's great, but we stay in Sea Pines. If you get to HHI, make sure you go to Sea Pines, also. (And I agree with a previous post about Guisieppi's Pizza - it's our favorite pizza and sub shop while on the island. We usually go to the location in Sea Pines, though we have been to the one on 278. (Owned by different people, but both good)

MarkC
06-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, how long of a walk would it be from the resort to the ocean? Is that even possible?

iheartdisney
06-24-2007, 04:47 PM
I can't give you the actual distance from resort to beach but it would be quite a hike - especially in the heat. My best guess is 2 miles. A bike ride is quite do-able. The resort has bikes to rent. HHI has many bike paths.