PDA

View Full Version : Unscheduled Parade

Babe the Blue Ox
06-19-2007, 11:59 PM
This was an unexpected surprise:

We were at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday, June 9. According the Disney website, there was only one parade scheduled for that evening at 9 pm. There was an 11 pm parade every other day of the week.

That morning, the tram driver reminded us that there was only one parade that evening and the daily schedule also mentioned that there was only one parade on Saturday night.

Just before closing time, we were alternating between Big Thunder and Spalsh Mountain and finished our final Splash ride at about 11:15 or so. We were heading for the exit when we noticed that the staff was rolling out the parade ropes.

We stopped right in front of Country Bear Hall when we saw the parade coming. It was weird as no one else, and I mean no one, was watching the parade for as far as we could see in either direction.

What an amazing experience. It was as if we had a private viewing of the SpectroMagic. Each and every walking character came over to greet the kids and all of the characters on the floats waved and/or blew kisses to them.

I guess we were in the right place at the right time again.

snifflesmcg
06-20-2007, 12:08 AM
That's awsome!!! Lucky you!

Mackflava99
06-20-2007, 01:15 AM
On Friday night we were on Splash mountain and got off around 11:10pm and there was a parade going on, a very good surprise-
More surprising, a line at Space Mountain at 1:45 am :)

kaerbear178
06-20-2007, 11:55 AM
That's really cool! Glad you got to see it.

January-2007
06-20-2007, 12:15 PM
That sounds like a really special experience! Thanks for sharing!

JPL
06-20-2007, 12:28 PM
More surprising, a line at Space Mountain at 1:45 am :)

This past Sunday they had a posted wait time of 60 minutes at Around 1:30 AM with EMH ending at 2 AM. I decided to hop on the line was only about 10 minutes and there weren't many people behind me in line. I got off the ride and the wait time was now reading 75 minutes. I'm guessing this is the CMs at the end of the night trying to discourage people from riding so they can go home ;) I saw lots of people walk up look at the wait and leave the area.

2Epcot
06-20-2007, 01:59 PM
We stopped right in front of Country Bear Hall when we saw the parade coming. It was weird as no one else, and I mean no one, was watching the parade for as far as we could see in either direction.

What an amazing experience. It was as if we had a private viewing of the SpectroMagic. Each and every walking character came over to greet the kids and all of the characters on the floats waved and/or blew kisses to them.

Sounds pretty cool. I wonder if they were training some new CM's on doing the parade?

disneyfan369
06-20-2007, 03:23 PM
That's so cool! I'm glad your kids had such great interaction with the characters.

moe513
06-20-2007, 04:18 PM
How fun. I love things with no crowds.